• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 HD REMAKE WII U NETPLAY

Would you like Nintendo to make a HD remake for SSB64 on the Wii U?

• Yes.

Votes: 69 85.2%
  • No.

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Too bad nintendo is lame for not remaking Hori's, which is the reason why they pay more... -.-
Not to split hairs but shouldn't it be Hori who remakes their N64 controller?

An HD remake of the original Nintendo 64 version of Super Smash Bros. would make a neat unlockable in the new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Thoughts?

No matter what happens, I'm keeping my complete-in-box copy of the original SSB as I'm sure it's going to be worth a lot of money someday.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Not to split hairs but shouldn't it be Hori who remakes their N64 controller?
Nintendo cut a deal with them and basically owns the patent. They did this so Nintendo could have the freedom to copy the design, while greatly reducing the quality, make horbile changes, slap their name on it, and ship it with their gamecubes.

EverythingSmash

www.youtube.com/everythingsmash
An HD remake would drastically help out the Smash 64 scene. One of the main issues with Smash 64 is how old the hardware is associated with it.I love my N64, but its a ***** to start, freezes easily, and is a pain to record gameplay of.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i can throw my n64 clear across the room and it'll be fine

but **** me dead if i drop my ps4 half a centimetre from the floor, shizzle's busted

newer consoles have heaps more tiny small parts that can easily be dislodged and cause the entire system to mess up, i think older generation hardware is much more durable

pickle962

Smash Lord
i can throw my n64 clear across the room and it'll be fine

but **** me dead if i drop my ps4 half a centimetre from the floor, shizzle's busted

newer consoles have heaps more tiny small parts that can easily be dislodged and cause the entire system to mess up, i think older generation hardware is much more durable
Hahaha amen to that brother! With that said, Nintendo generally makes their consoles built to last (Gameboy that survived a bombing and still works anyone?) I unfortunately can't see an "HD" update of Smash 64 happening anytime soon as Nintendo will likely want to focus their energy on Smash 4 as it takes its first steps in the competitive community later this year and most of next. However, if the big N pulled a Capcom and released an updated version of 64 or even Melee for the fans who love either game, that would be something nice :)

Top Bottom