• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 best review ever!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Dude no one just talks **** about 64, rarly melee and always brawl but WTF 64 falls into the way too good slot with melee. It isn't easy/cheap, what a jerk

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Hahaha that's so dumb.

The funny thing is, Super Smash Bros. is doing quite well on both the rental and the sales charts in spite of my disapproval.
So the review really doesn't matter because even TODAY (the most recent time being last weekend) everyone still plays this game.

In Canada at least. Students at universities effing love this game, still.

Always have n00bs to fight which is fun from time to time.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You see, while there are 12 fat-heads to play with, four of which are hidden characters like Luigi or Captain Falcon (from StarFox), t
Did he intentionally say that or is he just ignorant...

rpotts

Smash Lord
I didn't find any of it funny, to be honest. I'm not like offended by it or anything, his writing was just unfunny and repetitive. Far from the best review ever...

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
It sounds like he just has the "it's not a traditional fighter so it sucks" mindset. Complaining about the "one-button-fits-all variety" supports my theory, I think.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It's Elecplay. They exist to shun older games. Seriously, they don't even do the groundwork, they're already prejudiced (CF is from Starfox...oh yeah...).

TANK64

Smash Lord
N64, I don�t care how old you are. Just because you�re eight years old doesn�t mean you should have to suffer a dud like Smash and it�s low res happy-happy-joy-joy version of fighting.
"low res"- he must love Brawl, lol
"eight years"- over ten now baby
"suffer a dud like Smash"- ....?.....?

you're right NixxxoN this was hilarious.

DK_047

Smash Cadet
Star fox uses a light sabre? gameplay that requires no skill? everything about this review is just wrong.

rhan

Smash Hero
He was probably reffering to the Beam Sword. The noob must have played with items! :chuckle:

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
Haha no. Your even forced to play with it the first 50 matches.
And you know, there are people who prefer and have more fun to play with them,(even competently, I know a few people who do that) and I can't see something wrong in that.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Haha no. Your even forced to play with it the first 50 matches.
And you know, there are people who prefer and have more fun to play with them,(even competently, I know a few people who do that) and I can't see something wrong in that.
I didnt say playing with items its all wrong - but there is definitely something wrong as it adds the "Random" and "Luck" factor to the game. Just an example, a heart appearing in front of you when you're about to die and it makes you win the match.
Or the fact that some characters are faster than others and they can get items easier.
Items are just so unfair.... but if you wanna play for fun and not seriously you can of course...

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
I didnt say playing with items its all wrong - but there is definitely something wrong as it adds the "Random" and "Luck" factor to the game. Just an example, a heart appearing in front of you when you're about to die and it makes you win the match.
Or the fact that some characters are faster than others and they can get items easier.
Items are just so unfair.... but if you wanna play for fun and not seriously you can of course...
I don't think its wrong. Sure it adds some random effect and luck, but it also adds skill on how to use some items. I play competitive with items because for me, its part of smash. As long as I'm not playing for something,(money, ect) the luck and random factor doesn't matter.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I don't think its wrong. Sure it adds some random effect and luck, but it also adds skill on how to use some items. I play competitive with items because for me, its part of smash. As long as I'm not playing for something,(money, ect) the luck and random factor doesn't matter.
So, you don't mind losing to a worse player because of items? How nice of you :ohwell:

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
As long as I'm not playing for something,(money, ect) the luck and random factor doesn't matter.
Fair enough man and I get where you're coming from, I know others who enjoy it more with items.

But, I genuinely have more fun without them. The usual competitive reasons don't even have to come into it.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Items are broken. You just knocked a guy for 100%, then he finds a heart container. You get knocked to a previously unseen part of the stage only to be hit by a walking bob-omb. Projectile edgeguards in general.

Nothing wrong with items. But there is something wrong with items in competitive play. Competition is about skill. If you want to play competitively, turn off items. Items are for friendlies :)

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Did a 30 year old man seriously write this?

How could he possibly say that the same-button combinations makes it simple and dumb? Does he even know every character may have the same buttons to perform moves like fair, but every fair is a completely different move. Along with him saying Mario can randomly powerup with a starman and that Fox's weapon is the beam sword convinced me this guy has not spent a single minute playing this game.

F*cking idiot. Play the game before making up bs reasons why the game you don't even try "sucks".

That's like me not liking an actor because his face looks weird and refusing to watch his movies. Then I go and say his acting is terrible. How the hell would I know his acting sucks if I never saw his movies?!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Reveiwer guy who thinks game is easy...

VERSUSSSSSSSSS.....

Isai

TEAM BATTLE!

Reveiwer guy who thinks game is easy and Gav who thinks egx is out to get him

VERSUSSSSS

Isai and Boom!

As long as I'm not playing for something,(money, ect) the luck and random factor doesn't matter.
Ditto. I love item matches in a competitive setting. I would never put money on them.

SSb64 has the freakin BEST items of all 3 games. The sound effects man! sooo coool

Dajayman

Homerun bats for edgeguarding = super op'd.

Dude, I started off in Smash Bros. playing 64 with intense, crazy item matches. I'm a monster when I have a star rod, my friends would automatically stop whatever they were doing whenever a star rod would spawn and try to get it and throw it offstage. I am the self-proclaimed best star rod wielder in the world!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
No hammers or healers!

i dont mind items with those rules.

And this review is awesome, the guy clearly has a far greater understanding of this game then we at SWF do

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I am the self-proclaimed best star rod wielder in the world!
1v1 star rods only final destination! XD

seriously though Id like to see this, Ill p2p you when I get a new adaptor (if you play online) star rods only!

Dajayman

1v1 star rods only final destination! XD

seriously though Id like to see this, Ill p2p you when I get a new adaptor (if you play online) star rods only!
As much as I'd want to accept your challenge, I unfortunately have broken computer johns (typing this on my iPod Touch), which won't be solved anytime soon since I am jobless. I rarely go on EGX when I visit a friend's house and use his comp.

Top Bottom