• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Fandom Prediction Topic

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
New direction in the series is very vague. I guess from the varies stuff we know about in interviews, I'd presume the next game will have more RPG elements implemented.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sakurai never told exactly that there wouldn't be new characters. he just said that he won't focus on just adding new characters and call it a day (even though, it would be enough for a lot of people).
And this is why fanboys are a developer's worst enemy.

New direction in the series is very vague. I guess from the varies stuff we know about in interviews, I'd presume the next game will have more RPG elements implemented.
I'm fine with RPG elements so long as it's for unlocking stuff and not making my characters stronger, but they have said that going purely RPG would remove that instant playability - like I can go play at a friends house and have all my character's moves available.

You know I'm hoping the new direction means an improved combat system with a lot of implied issues being addressed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm fine with RPG elements so long as it's for unlocking stuff and not making my characters stronger, but they have said that going purely RPG would remove that instant playability - like I can go play at a friends house and have all my character's moves available.

You know I'm hoping the new direction means an improved combat system with a lot of implied issues being addressed.
perhaps giving characters more moves that can be edited. like sets of Special Attacks or the ability to choose between two or three Final Smashes.

for example, Pit could have Palutena's Army, the Three Sacred Treasures or the Great Sacred Treasure. or Luigi could have Negative Zone, a similar FS to Mario's but with thunder and the vacuum from Luigi's Mansion.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Common sense would tell us that, this is especially likely considering we have the teams behind Soul Caliber and Tekken involved with the project. I presume both those teams are at least looking at the characters to balance out the roster, which alone would be a step up in the right direction.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Common sense would tell us that, this is especially likely considering we have the teams behind Soul Caliber and Tekken involved with the project. I presume both those teams are at least looking at the characters to balance out the roster, which alone would be a step up in the right direction.
Sakurai himself confirmed that there would be changes to the returning characters. and it's good that both Tekken and Soul Calibur teams are involved in this. I am curious on what will they bring to the series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
perhaps giving characters more moves that can be edited. like sets of Special Attacks or the ability to choose between two or three Final Smashes.

for example, Pit could have Palutena's Army, the Three Sacred Treasures or the Great Sacred Treasure. or Luigi could have Negative Zone, a similar FS to Mario's but with thunder and the vacuum from Luigi's Mansion.
I would be fine with the ability to choose different Final Smashes as that has worked in other games without much of a problem. Sets of special attacks though is another story. The big concern is balancing.

My guesses for what the Namco teams may bring is a more combo heavy game with possibly less DI options - that alone would fix a lot of my beefs. Anything beyond that is a big guess.
It also helps that Harada has been doing research on Smash for some time now. Likely to better understand the game and its audience.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would be fine with the ability to choose different Final Smashes as that has worked in other games without much of a problem. Sets of special attacks though is another story. The big concern is balancing.
yeah, many special attacks might be a stretch... but the idea of various Final Smashes (selectable in the menu) would be a nice idea.

It also helps that Harada has been doing research on Smash for some time now. Likely to better understand the game and its audience.
hmm... isn't Harada the man behind the Tekken series? if that's true, it is good news.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it Harada that stated that Super Smash Bros. was more similar to other fighting games then people think from looking at varies videos of competitive matches?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes. Fundamentally, Smash and all fighting games have just about the same similarities. It's just that in Smash, how they're perceived is different.

Top Bottom