• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Fandom Prediction Topic

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And subjectivity is subjectivity. I just don't ride you or your "reasoning's" collective ****.

Now stop. See how this is getting nowhere? Accept that others have a different opinion and let it be. Don't actively look for a place to shove your controversial beliefs down the throats of those who couldn't give a rat's arse. It only causes trouble.

To stay on topic, I predict that there will be at least two more incidences of a "cult" character similar to Poo and Geno.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Are you guys seriously gonna decide to buy the game based on characters only? Remember the gameplay is what counts.

:phone:
Pfft, to most around here, it's not. In fact we tend to play the game because we can duke it out with the fave Nintendo-characters. Gameplay can be functional as long as it works just fine. The ones who play Brawl aren't at least crazy nitpickers about it's engine.

Also vkrm, you have too high hopes for this becoming an worthy successor to Melee.

Also Opossum, it doesn't help speaking sense to these guys. They don't give a ****. They don't deserve our wisdom.

/backtotopic/

Opossum: This one's hard to determine. Very hard infact.

I mean, it has to be character that is pretty minor and seems "awesome" to be supported.

Maybe Unspecified Action Figure (or something from E3 2012)?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was thinking that Non-Specific Action Figure would be that character, but he sort of faded into obscurity too quickly...needless to say that was a fun week.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Alright, who else was only in one game and most people wouldn't care about...Stanley!

STANELY 4 SMASH

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have noticed (not so much here as other places) that Stanley does sort of have a cult following for a Smash character. Maybe in time he'll be the new Poo/Geno.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Are you guys seriously gonna decide to buy the game based on characters only? Remember the gameplay is what counts. Since they have Namco bandai maybe this time we'll get a worthy sucessor to melee. Lol, it would be borderline impossible to make a worse game than brawl.

obvious troll is obvious. don't feed him.

Pfft, to most around here, it's not. In fact we tend to play the game because we can duke it out with the fave Nintendo-characters. Gameplay can be functional as long as it works just fine. The ones who play Brawl aren't at least crazy nitpickers about it's engine.

Also vkrm, you have too high hopes for this becoming an worthy successor to Melee.

Also Opossum, it doesn't help speaking sense to these guys. They don't give a ****. They don't deserve our wisdom.

/backtotopic/

Opossum: This one's hard to determine. Very hard infact.

I mean, it has to be character that is pretty minor and seems "awesome" to be supported.

Maybe Unspecified Action Figure (or something from E3 2012)?
yes, these tourneytards forget what Smash Bros. truly is about. so, thank you, sir, for reminding us what's the purpose of Smash Bros. firsthand. :dr^_^:

those who expect a Melee 2.0 are putting high expectations, as always. Sakurai wants this to be a different experience from previous Smash games.

Non Specific Action Figure would be fun to have in SSB.

on the subject of the fandom as well...

we have these:

[COLLAPSE="Click to see"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Iwata holding bananas before E3, NoA's Bill Trinen holding an orange and LEGO Iwata holding a LEGO carrot... what could be the meaning of these? Viral marketing? a teaser for something...

I have found a site that related bananas to DK (obviously), the orange to the Metroid series (as in Samus's Morph Ball is well... orange) and the carrot to either the Carrot from Super Mario Land 2 that transforms Mario into Rabbit Mario or Epona's carrot indicators from Zelda: Ocarina of Time. could this be related to Smash? I mean, it would be more obvious seeing Iwata (or another Nintendo employee) holding a mushroom or an eggplant.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
For some reason I started to think about Ice Climbers. But Habanero's might be even closer.

Too bad we already saw all that stuff about Yoshi's Land Wii U back in Wii U's debug mode leak.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For some reason I started to think about Ice Climbers. But Habanero's might be even closer.

Too bad we already saw all that stuff about Yoshi's Land Wii U back in Wii U's debug mode leak.
o.o haven't heard of that...

*one Google search later...*

according to this article, Nintendo seems to be in denial... yet, retailers list this game.

could it be a Yoshi's Story sequel?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aah, not better be one for Yoshi's Story. I love that game but to get attention of true fans, better be Yoshi's Island-sequel, and preferably NOT FROM Artoon.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Almost forgot, I HAVE got to post the Melee reaction video and the Brawl reaction video if we're going to talk about fan reaction. Someone will have to post a successor to both of these videos when the trailer for the new game comes out at E3. It's not a request, it's a DEMAND.

Also hoping for the successor of Sonic the Hedgehog being in Brawl, causing the internet to implode again.
perhaps Horsetail could put them in the OP, after all, this is what is the thread about.

manly tears for watching the Brawl reveal SIX years later... :') I didn't know who Snake was, but after knowing that he was third party, my mind blew up.

for your information... I was 13 when Brawl was revealed (and I recieved Melee in my 11th birthday). So, Smash Bros. is a special series for me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Gotta love Iwata's clunky English and people getting hyped literally within SECONDS.
it's proof that Smash Bros. is a great series. and to think it started as a low budget game made by Sakurai in his spare time (or so I've heard).

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Frostwraith, you should tell me what smash bros is all about.
Wow, can you really be that stupid? You whine about how touney***s look down on alternate playstyles, and then do the exact same thing trying to poke fun at competitive play. What is the purpose of smash you spoke of? I thought the beauty of melee was that it functions perfectly in both a casual and competitive setting.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
and to think it started as a low budget game made by Sakurai in his spare time (or so I've heard).
Super Smash Bros. was kept to a minimum during it's whole development. It was originally not going to involve Nintendo characters, it was only a side project when Sakurai was working on it, the game had a very small budget, and there were plans to only keep it in Japan due to it's unusual concept.

Then history happened, and now every installment is anticipated with much rejoicing. It is now one of the biggest franchises out there Nintendo has, and every installment felt like you were opening up a **** ton of presents during Christmas and playing with all of the toys and games. People love the series, and to think Nintendo was very concerned with the whole thing.

When I refer to biggest, I'm not even kidding. None of the other franchises Nintendo has can rival the sheer excitement whenever a new Super Smash Bros. game is announced. Mario? Boring. Zelda? That's pretty neato. Pokemon? Whatever. Super Smash Bros.? ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, THIS BABY HAS NO BREAKS!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frostwraith, you should tell me what smash bros is all about.
Wow, can you really be that stupid? You whine about how touney***s look down on alternate playstyles, and then do the exact same thing trying to poke fun at competitive play. What is the purpose of smash you spoke of? I thought the beauty of melee was that it functions perfectly in both a casual and competitive setting.

oh, the troll wants to play, eh?

come on, I have some time to spare. Sakurai has said that he wants each game to be a different experience and that is what he delivers.

don't like Sakurai? well, he ****ing created the Melee you know and love worship.

Smash Bros. is about putting your favorite Nintendo characters in epic fights of epic biblical proportions. in other words, ultimate showdowns of ultimate destiny in its purest form.

of course that a feeble mind like yours can't handle too much epicness and thus, fail at gaming. pure and simple! :awesome: :troll:

since an image is worth a thousand words. for you, Vkrm, I have only THIS to say:

Super Smash Bros. was kept to a minimum during it's whole development. It was originally not going to involve Nintendo characters, it was only a side project when Sakurai was working on it, the game had a very small budget, and there were plans to only keep it in Japan due to it's unusual concept.

Then history happened, and now every installment is anticipated with much rejoicing. It is now one of the biggest franchises out there Nintendo has, and every installment felt like you were opening up a **** ton of presents during Christmas and playing with all of the toys and games. People love the series, and to think Nintendo was very concerned with the whole thing.

When I refer to biggest, I'm not even kidding. None of the other franchises Nintendo has can rival the sheer excitement whenever a new Super Smash Bros. game is announced. Mario? Boring. Zelda? That's pretty neato. Pokemon? Whatever. Super Smash Bros.? ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, THIS BABY HAS NOT BREAKS!
couldn't agree more! here's an Internet for you, sir.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll include those videos gladly in my OP. It better happen sometime soon.

And best thing about Smash Bros how it brings all the fans of Nintendo, casual and hardcore, and much more people together as much as it brings together Nintendo's franchises. It's a very phenomenal series.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll include those videos gladly in my OP. It better happen sometime soon.

And best thing about Smash Bros how it brings all the fans of Nintendo, casual and hardcore, and much more people together as much as it brings together Nintendo's franchises. It's a very phenomenal series.
and it was a good part of my childhood! =D

I am very looking forward to the new Smash! there are many games I discovered about.

before knowing about Smash, the only Nintendo series I knew were Mario and Pokémon. my first GBC game (thus, my first Nintendo game, since GBC was my first Nintendo console) was Wario Land 3.

it was thanks to Melee that I discovered about Nintendo's history and even the fact that both Mario and Pokémon were proprieties of the same company!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hahahah, indeed.

Smash Bros 64 was actually what made me introduced to Kirby and also the realise Mario, Pokemon, DK (which I thought back was just a cartoon), Yoshi and LOZ were actually belonging to same company. It was quite an amazing feeling to say the least.

Melee just took it to a new level from there. I got introduced to Mother (though funnily thinking Ness was Ash from PKMN because he kinda reminded me of him) and also while not really having clue what the trophies were about, it was still fun to play. Later years on though Melee became better after I had become more familiar with the represented series, especially Kirby.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
oh, the troll wants to play, eh?

come on, I have some time to spare. Sakurai has said that he wants each game to be a different experience and that is what he delivers.
This is wrong actually. He did say that, but its common knowledge that melee and 64 are quite similar. Melee is 64, but with more. Brawl is the only game that is really all that different from the others. Normally I find new ideas refreshing but brawl is just so terrible that it just fails. I like how you quote sakurai without knowing that the majority here on smash boards think he's ********.

don't like Sakurai? well, he ****ing created the Melee you know and love worship.
Like I said above, sakurai is an idiot. The first two smashes weren't good because he made them. They were good because they were good. Fun to play. the games at their core were rewarding to interact with. Not like **** tier clunky as **** brawl.

Smash Bros. is about putting your favorite Nintendo characters in epic fights of epic biblical proportions. in other words, ultimate showdowns of ultimate destiny in its purest form.
What does this mean exactly? The best thing about melee wasn't the characters themselves. Actually controlling the characters was fun by itself. If it had been a new cast of characters the game would have been just as good if not better.

of course that a feeble mind like yours can't handle too much epicness and thus, fail at gaming. pure and simple!
How do you know I fail at gaming? What are you basing that off of? Smash skill?

But it's not really like that.....
If you played either 64 or melee at a high level, brawl's flaws are way more obvious. There is no place for "hardcore" brawl players so it isn't exactly all encompassing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Replying to a troll means the troll wins.

Btw, Vkrm is one of the few people in the Smash4 sub-forum who makes sense and can back what he says; not a troll.

I'm not even mad. in fact, I am just trolling him back for the fun of it.

An excuse to not have think up a counter argument. Fine. I'll leave the thread, but only because I've got want I wanted out of you.

someone's mad... :troll:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
And then it savagely tears them apart over wavedashing, L-canceling, and chain grabs! :bee:

Btw, Vkrm is one of the few people in the Smash4 sub-forum who makes sense and can back what he says; not a troll.
The problem being that he literally ruins every thread he gets his hands on.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Shadow = Meh! Another clone.
Big The Cat = FOR GODNESS SAKE, NO!!

Back in thread: SSB4 imports some mechanics from Playstation All Stars and suddenly people accuse Super Smash Bros. 4 of being a blatant rip-off.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Waluigi makes it in.

Most people think he isn't really qualified for the position, although most people are also glad he was included.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
lol at Big the Cat =P Between Tingle and him, I don't know which would cause the worst reaction!

in a bit of trivia, did you know that Big was originally voiced by the same actor who voices Duke Nukem, Jon St. John, before Sega changed the actors?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Everybody is bound to freak out over some insignificant sentence. "Up Until Now" 2.0.

Also, if Sakurai's cat joins the Nintendog as an assist trophy, everyone on the face of the earth will squee in delight.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Sakurai's cat has better chances then Krystal, Ridley, and Mega Man.:troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Heck, they're already doing that. The whole "no new characters" and whatnot.
Sakurai never told exactly that there wouldn't be new characters. he just said that he won't focus on just adding new characters and call it a day (even though, it would be enough for a lot of people).

Sakurai said that he'll give a new direction to the series, whatever he means with that. perhaps he intends to add new gameplay modes or features. all we need to do is wait until he discloses more information.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Top Bottom