• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Exposure Stream Opening on September 13th ft. RelaxAlax as co-host! (Sept. 12th ~6PM EST!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
That's cool of you guys to do, I've been looking forward to September 13th anyway, now I'm... like... doubly hyped.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
The most important thing to me for such a stream would be a full exploration of all the game has to offer. That is, a variety of characters and stages instead of repeated Megaman v. Fox on Battlefield or whatever. Although from the sound of things you already plan to do this.

Secondary to that, but still important, is unlocking and trying out as many custom move options as you can find.

ddixon97

Smash Cadet
NNID
ddixon97
3DS FC
2363-6859-9264
Hopefully, Smash Run gets confirmed online!

D

Deleted member 245254

The most important thing to me for such a stream would be a full exploration of all the game has to offer. That is, a variety of characters and stages instead of repeated Megaman v. Fox on Battlefield or whatever. Although from the sound of things you already plan to do this.

Secondary to that, but still important, is unlocking and trying out as many custom move options as you can find.
These are things I'm looking forward to doing myself, so of course!

I'm a very completionist type, you can expect totally pretentious-ness when it comes to trying out every possible thing.

Hopefully, Smash Run gets confirmed online!
Chances are pretty high.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
gAA AH this is awesome! THANK you! I'll be tuning in as much as I can.

Personally, I'd really just like to see you make progress on unlocking things in the game, to see what secrets it holds. I also just really want to see some Palutena gameplay! haha

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Excellent!

I will be following without a doubt and thank you a lot (and your team) to make this possible :D

D

Deleted member 245254

I am now taking applications for guest appearances!

This is not a highly strict process, but essentially I'm looking for folks of the talkative variety who would like to come on and sort of make our discussion a round table for a few minutes here and there on a certain topic. Topic will be decided beforehand, and it should be relevant to the competitive approach of Smash 4. Im hoping for a few high profile guest stars to get back to me but some "normal" players would be ideal too :).

Send me a message or just post here what you would like to talk about and your thoughts on it and me and Alax can evaluate what would be a good idea to have on stream!

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'd like to talk.

I'll be downloading the game as soon as it's available (I just got my Japanese 3DS ^.^), so I'll be able to talk about pretty much anything new that I find that's interesting. I'm not extremely knowledgeable in the competitive scene as I've only recently become interested in it, but I know a thing or two about advanced techniques and I love a good discussion. The only thing that could get in the way is timing, but as long as we set that up beforehand it should be fine.

D

Deleted member 245254

I'd like to talk.

I'll be downloading the game as soon as it's available (I just got my Japanese 3DS ^.^), so I'll be able to talk about pretty much anything new that I find that's interesting. I'm not extremely knowledgeable in the competitive scene as I've only recently become interested in it, but I know a thing or two about advanced techniques and I love a good discussion. The only thing that could get in the way is timing, but as long as we set that up beforehand it should be fine.
Sending a PM! We also talked about trying an international online match to stress test the lag and connection strength. Some good ideas, would love to have you on.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

This is not a highly strict process, but essentially I'm looking for folks of the talkative variety who would like to come on and sort of make our discussion a round table for a few minutes here and there on a certain topic. Topic will be decided beforehand, and it should be relevant to the competitive approach of Smash 4. Im hoping for a few high profile guest stars to get back to me but some "normal" players would be ideal too :).

Send me a message or just post here what you would like to talk about and your thoughts on it and me and Alax can evaluate what would be a good idea to have on stream!
while I wouldn't have the game, I would absolutely love to be a part of a group chat pertaining to this game and it's secrets. Please do consider me. <3 I do know a lot about Smash and I could easily pick up on some of the differences when it comes to the characters and such.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sending a PM! We also talked about trying an international online match to stress test the lag and connection strength. Some good ideas, would love to have you on.
Yep, I remember, hoping the test goes well. Should be a fun time, lots of hype for the release. Looking forward to it!

D

Deleted member 245254

I have a surprise! I've been working on the stream overlay a bit and I've conjured up a prototype. However, I would like to make sure that the community had a say so that I can maximize the viewing experience for as many people. Remember these are essentially just blue prints, there are many things not present on the overlay that I plan to implement. Mostly I'm trying to figure out the resolutions people would like the 3DS screens at.

Thoughts? :)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I have a surprise! I've been working on the stream overlay a bit and I've conjured up a prototype. However, I would like to make sure that the community had a say so that I can maximize the viewing experience for as many people. Remember these are essentially just blue prints, there are many things not present on the overlay that I plan to implement. Mostly I'm trying to figure out the resolutions people would like the 3DS screens at.

It looks cool ^^

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
I would love to talk as well! I'm also in the states and would also be downloading it as soon as it's available. I'm a great speaker and a pretty good player to boot. :D

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
Here's what I think you should show for the Smash stream:
EVERYTHING!!!! HOLD NOTHING BACK!!!! SAVE US FROM THIS UNBEARABLE, AGONIZING TORTURE!!!!
Oh, sorry, I got a little carried away, there.
Anyway, we do kinda, sorta, maybe, need this. It might be an okay idea, after all.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
September 13th just can't come any sooner... :c
It actually CAN!!!! I just found out on the Twitch page that Sep 13th,11 am Japanese time is THE EVENING OF SEPTEMBER 12TH FOR US (Head explodes) !!!!
And speaking of which, if the stream will begin for 11 a.m. Japanese time, that means it will be 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, at least for those of us along the East Coast.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349

seems kinda small..

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
It actually CAN!!!! I just found out on the Twitch page that Sep 13th,11 am Japanese time is THE EVENING OF SEPTEMBER 12TH FOR US (Head explodes) !!!!
This made me wonder, the Smash Bros for 3DS in Japn will come out in September 13, 11AM JST exactly, or will it be released at midnight?

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
This made me wonder, the Smash Bros for 3DS in Japn will come out in September 13, 11AM JST exactly, or will it be released at midnight?
The 11 a.m. time seems approximate so far, but accurate. It'll be in the morning, just like when the game releases here in the morning, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

That's just me accounting for how quickly I'll be able to get to the store, buy the game, and bring it home.

It's very possible it will release on the e-shop earlier than that. Have no idea though.

seems kinda small..
Any suggestions?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Any intention of playing with other Japanese 3DS owners? Also, I'd love to get in on the conversations, especially if we're talking about competitive aspects.

Last edited:

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
I LOVE YOU!!!
I've been hoping to find someone to stream Smash Bros 3DS day one in Japan. Now we can watch along as if we're playing for the first time too!!!!!!!! Omfg I'm so excited for this thank you so much. Bookmarking this right now.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera

I'll be downloading the game, so I could talk if you'd like. (Depending on schedule and all that)

Last edited:

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
You, sir, are a saint for doing this. I probably won't watch too extensively, as I don't want all of the game spoiled… Or I'll give in to the temptation and watch away.:p

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
And speaking of which, if the stream will begin for 11 a.m. Japanese time, that means it will be 10 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, at least for those of us along the East Coast.
If this is the case, I'll have played the thing quite a lot already, hopefully I'll be able to share some neat stuff.

D

Deleted member 245254

@Zipzo and/or @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax will this stream be moved to hitbox.tv or something?
Unless something is affecting actual live streams I don't think there's a strong reason to completely switch stream providers a bit gun-jumpy just because of the current rage-fest over a new policy.

Or maybe you were going to propose a strong argument?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Unless something is affecting actual live streams I don't think there's a strong reason to completely switch stream providers a bit gun-jumpy just because of the current rage-fest over a new policy.

Or maybe you were going to propose a strong argument?
Oh, it's nothing. I thought you'd switch to hitbox because of muted streams on Twitch.

I can't argue either.

D

Deleted member 245254

Oh, it's nothing. I thought you'd switch to hitbox because of muted streams on Twitch.

I can't argue either.
As I'm aware it's only muted VODs correct?

And the muting of in-game music in VODs has been referred to as a bug that is being fixed (or has been?). I don't think the quality of the stream should be affected in any way.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Looks very nice Zipzo, though you may want to increase the 2DS just a tad bit more, since it has room.

Looking forward to seeing the Stream!

D

Deleted member 245254

Looks very nice Zipzo, though you may want to increase the 2DS just a tad bit more, since it has room.

Looking forward to seeing the Stream!
If someone can help me design/make a fitting, sleek border I might do away with the console approach altogether.

That way I can just use the estate for the actual game instead of a graphic at all.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ah, I suppose I should go into a bit more depth with some reasons as to WHY you'd even want to consider me for joining you guys on this stream. Sorry for sort of jumping the gun on that one. =P

Anywho, I've been in the competitive scene for nearly 2 years now, and while I'm by no means tourney level, I know my way around the block with many advanced techniques and terms and watch tourney streams whenever possible, regardless of what game in the series it is.

At the same time though, I also still enjoy some more casual matches from time to time just for the heck of it. I look forward to things like Smash Run just as much as I look forward to seeing how they've balanced a certain character. I'm a pretty middle of the road guy, esentially, though I still do lean to the competitive side slightly more. Even if Smash 3DS gets outdone by the Wii U version for competitive play, I'm still just happy to have Smash on the go. And if there's one thing I can talk for hours about, it's Smash. =P

Hope you'll consider taking me along for the ride!

LiL Hobbes

Smash Cadet

I don't really know how this stuff works. So I hope the image shows up, but I gave a try at designing the twitch thing. Haha

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I don't really know how this stuff works. So I hope the image shows up, but I gave a try at designing the twitch thing. Haha
Can you give me the link to that 3DS XL image? Great feedback! I love it!

LiL Hobbes

Smash Cadet
Can you give me the link to that 3DS XL image? Great feedback! I love it!
Well I just made it in adobe illustrator. If you like the design I can update it and make it better and then send you the link. Does that work?

D

Deleted member 245254

Well I just made it in adobe illustrator. If you like the design I can update it and make it better and then send you the link. Does that work?
It's infinitely better than the 2DS image, I imagine most will be using an LL (XL) for Smash so it seems more fitting, plus the screen size is bigger both in reality and digitally.

If you could touch up that graphic and give me a link so that I could save it that would be fantastic.

I'll credit you in the stream info for your support :)

Other things you had going like an opaque smash logo near the chat were ideas I actually already had in mind! I was actually thinking of overlaying the chat on top of the logo even.

LiL Hobbes

Smash Cadet
It's infinitely better than the 2DS image, I imagine most will be using an LL (XL) for Smash so it seems more fitting, plus the screen size is bigger both in reality and digitally.

If you could touch up that graphic and give me a link so that I could save it that would be fantastic.

I'll credit you in the stream info for your support :)

Other things you had going like an opaque smash logo near the chat were ideas I actually already had in mind! I was actually thinking of overlaying the chat on top of the logo even.

I hope this will work for you!

3DS XL credit// LiLHobbes

:b:

Top Bottom