• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Online Round Robin, anyone?

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
While in the States the release of Super Smash Bros. 3DS might be just a little under a month away, I wanted to approach as many community members as were interested about maybe participating in a just-for-fun round robin style-esque tourney online and over skype. I've got my fingers crossed a Moderator doesnt come and lock the thread, because I didnt want to approach the events section with this just yet. I was thinking maybe like Oct. 20th? Anyone and everyone who's possibly interested, please do PM me or add me on Skype (my skype is dirtycatPG, for anyone who hasnt seen it in the FC exchange forum). So how 'bout it, anybody down to Smash?

TearsforFears

Smash Cadet
NNID
TearsForFears
3DS FC
5472-6632-5877
I'm definitely in.

Last edited:

Memor3x

Smash Cadet
NNID
Memor3x
3DS FC
5086-3209-8758
Yep i'll be down for sure. Added @ VKatana VKatana as a friend on my 3DS. My FC is under my avatar.

Last edited:

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
Ooh, sounds fun! I'm totally in! And its a Saturday.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Ooh, sounds fun! I'm totally in! And its a Saturday.
October 20th is a Monday, actually. Did you confuse it with September 20?

I have no class that day, so I'd be happy to participate.

Edit: I should probably take a look at my 3DS friend code and put it up already... But my laziness is just astounding.

Last edited:

Redcard

Smash Cadet
I know you said to PM you if anyone is interested but I'm too down. You'd probably get a lot more participants if it was the weekend before the 20th though.

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
October 20th is a Monday, actually. Did you confuse it with September 20?

I have no class that day, so I'd be happy to participate.

Edit: I should probably take a look at my 3DS friend code and put it up already... But my laziness is just astounding.
Ahaha... Heh heh... Wow that embarrassing ^ ^; my bad, I might not be available then ahaha sorry about that.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Yeh might be better if you made it the 18th so it;s a Saturday. Plus I doubt I'll go, I am nowhere near tourney worthy atm.
Haven't played smash in years since my Gamecube controller is broken and my sister took my Wii. Going to need a lot of practice before I even feel like going online.

Last edited:

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
added @ VKatana VKatana . yeah man i'd love to be a part of this. My friend code is under my avatar. also think we could do some team battles for fun. i,ll let you know my skype name when I make it.

Last edited:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Dont worry Kaze, this is hardly anywhere near tourney level. Im not that good either, I'm just looking for some new friends to play smash with XD and yeah the 18th will work better if that's a saturday. Anyone who wants to join in can add me on Skype nearer to the day, and I'll make a list to keep track of everyone who wants to participate. Didnt expect this many people tbh XD

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
want me to message some friends about this and see if they want to join Vkatana?

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I know you said to PM you if anyone is interested but I'm too down. You'd probably get a lot more participants if it was the weekend before the 20th though.
I've bumped it up to the 18th, considering I wasnt aware of what day of the week the 20th actually was :p but no worries, its been bumped to the 18th which I believe is a saturday, so that should be an agreeable day for everyone. ^-^

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
For anyone looking to add me on 3DS, my Mii's name is Cyclops.
want me to message some friends about this and see if they want to join Vkatana?
Absolutely dude, the more the merrier! Hopefully there arent issues with Skype based on the sheer amount of people who are looking to participate XD we'll figure it out tho so bring'em on down

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
For anyone looking to add me on 3DS, my Mii's name is Cyclops.

Absolutely dude, the more the merrier! Hopefully there arent issues with Skype based on the sheer amount of people who are looking to participate XD we'll figure it out tho so bring'em on down
two of the people who i am inviting will more than likely be in the same room with me so we can share the same skype. So that we wont have issues

Raijinken

Smash Master
Can I participate even though I consider Skype to be one of the worst programs in the universe and won't use it?

I've got Mumble if that can be used instead.

Seph 64

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1821-9451-2886
Added you @ VKatana VKatana by the way you can put in any Mii name as long as you enter the correct friendcode.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Count me in. My friendcode was posted above. :)

TearsforFears

Smash Cadet
NNID
TearsForFears
3DS FC
5472-6632-5877
I'll be adding all the friend codes as well. Mine is on the trainer card.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Can I participate even though I consider Skype to be one of the worst programs in the universe and won't use it?

I've got Mumble if that can be used instead.
I actually hadn't considered Mumble although that would probably be better for the amount of people we're gonna have. I'll see if I can figure out how to set it up. Thanks~

Raijinken

Smash Master
I actually hadn't considered Mumble although that would probably be better for the amount of people we're gonna have. I'll see if I can figure out how to set it up. Thanks~
I know it's got a bit of a learning curve for those who aren't avid computer users to begin with, but if you need help, send me a PM. There's also a server I use on a regular basis that wouldn't get hurt too much by having more users, if we want to use that instead of trying to host our own.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Looking at the prices and just considering the amount of voices that would be in the same Mumble channel, here's what Im thinking: We cap out at 25 slots, and either everyone spectates except the 4 people in a match together or maybe a few different matches at the same time but I feel like then there'd be a lot of conflicting voices in the channel. Thoughts?

ddixon97

Smash Cadet
NNID
ddixon97
3DS FC
2363-6859-9264
I am interested in participating!

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
17 people in on it so far, Im thinking 20 or 25 is maybe a good maximum at least for this first event. Didn't expect this kind of turnout! I'm quite excited :D I'll make sure I can stay in contact with everyone who replies to this thread for the tourney.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
Looking at the prices and just considering the amount of voices that would be in the same Mumble channel, here's what Im thinking: We cap out at 25 slots, and either everyone spectates except the 4 people in a match together or maybe a few different matches at the same time but I feel like then there'd be a lot of conflicting voices in the channel. Thoughts?
we can have separate rooms on mumble when games start.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
The server I generally use is free to use. As long as we make some sub-rooms with an easy password (logically something Smash related), we can use that one. Let me know if you want the info.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
The server I generally use is free to use. As long as we make some sub-rooms with an easy password (logically something Smash related), we can use that one. Let me know if you want the info.
Absolutely, thanks for the opportunity! Just PM me whatever info pertains to that and once Oct. 18th draws a bit nearer I'll make sure its all squared away. I was thinking of creating a group on here and adding the people who are participating just as an easy way to keep track/in touch with them.

Varinoth

Smash Rookie
I'm up for this tournament and can vouch for that mumble server. Can also help with setup.

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147
am I counted as in? If so, you can add me my friend code is 0533-5491-3147

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Hmm...

Okay, I'll give it a shot. My friend code is right there, below my message count. This is going to be very interesting.

EDIT: I just realized that it's on a Monday. In that case, I'll have to give it more thought before making a final decision. But if it's really going to be October 18 (which is Saturday), then I'm definitely in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom