• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
That's just it though she isn't too similiar to peach cause she has a different design, personality, powers and actually does something. Also there's no reason to even dislike her anyways since there isn't anything to dislike. She's a great character that deserves everything she gets.
/opinions

I dunno why you're trying to defend her in a topic about peoples disappointments. Sure most people like her, a handful of us don't.

marvel b

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2423-3428-7359
i'm disapointed that mewtwo is a trophy.but why isn't the mega forms?...........
(off topic incoming...)
*gasp* what if sakurai put mega mewtwo in with x/y being alts?

D

Deleted member

Rosalina isn't even being shoved in at all. You are overexaggerating to a huge degree. She deserves everything she gets.
Alright so maybe I did go a little overboard, so I'm sorry about that. I just don't like Rosalina, that's all.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Warning Received - Censor Dodging
I wouldn't say the consistent roster between the two games is completely necessary, although I think I'd prefer that as someone who will only be playing the 3DS version as training on the go. Would suck if my main wasn't included in the handheld, thereby I couldn't practice with them. That said, Sakurai is still really being an a$$ here. He got everyone's hopes massively up then just flattened them. If it has to happen, I'd rather there only be one inconsistency in between the two versions: the presence of IC on the roster. If we're not gonna get any of the very highly requested newcomers (nothing confirmed for now at least, NeoGAF sync leak holds some promise) than I hope we at least see the return of the most beloved veteran. Take all this "Ice Climbers aren't popular enough to warrant their return" crap and stick it somewhere else, Sakurai.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Most of my disappointments with the game are just minor things, like being unable to turn stage hazards off and the large starting roster, but other than that... Pretty happy with the game. I refuse to let the absence of a few characters bum me out, because we got a lot more in return.

Ikograd

Smash Rookie
NNID
ncm097
3DS FC
2895-8768-9802
The starting roster is too big, it takes too little to unlock characters and Mewtwo isn't back.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Between Brawl and this game, the amount of representation for KI exploded exponentially.
Anyways...
  • CSS Order
  • Amount of Retro stages
  • No new FE assist trophies
  • Tharja's trophy being removed
  • No intro movie
  • The really large starting roster
Due to Kid Icarus' gain in popularity with uprising and a game that has enough things to make items and stages. Let's say Ice climbers got a new game on 3ds or Wiiu and everyone(well a lot of people) loved it. There would be Ice climber stages and items, which were basically non-existent in brawl.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Anything brawl had that was lost
Co op single player modes
Stage builder
Ice climbers

No online smash run is disapointing.
Characters seem a little easy to unlock

Last edited:

shogungari

Smash Apprentice
Geno still isn't in the game, but Dr. Mario (who probably isn't even a real doctor) is. I guess Nintendo's afraid of being too successful

/sarcasm

In all seriousness, I will miss the Ice Climbers. They were so adorable and I loved chain grabbing my friends into oblivion. Gone, but never forgotten T-T

Last edited:

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Warning Received
/opinions

I dunno why you're trying to defend her in a topic about peoples disappointments. Sure most people like her, a handful of us don't.
By handful you mean very little cause there's nothing wrong with defending something. She's a great addition and character regardless.

Because that's just how cancerous Rosalina fans are, it's always been that way.
Rosalina fans are not cancerous and they never have been.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
- There is no Event Mode. Why is there no Event Mode?
Maybe it will be on the Wii U version.
Yes, along with Mewtwo DLC and a recreation of Event 51.

Also, the lack of trophies for DS/3DS games like A Link Between Worlds is sad.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- Major Disappointment: No "Alice in Wonderland" type outfit for Mii Fighters (it was REALLY important for me). That and the majority of the Mii outfits seem pretty meh. From what I've seen, theres no ****** hat either.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have Medusa, a "female" "villain" rather than Dark Pit, an absolute clone from what I see, except controlling the arrows I guess.

Sakurai said no clones... Dark Pit and Lucina over any others who are diverse enough to be different aka Ganondorf, Falco and whoever else. Maybe Toon Link.

It's hard to kill. I survived an attack on Sudden Death from Megaman's bair from the middle of the stage on the demo. Maybe a 3 stock tourneys. That's just less hype.

Finally, the big one. Just like Destiny, most the videos I see are small in amount and made months ago. It's breaking me.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I wouldn't say the consistent roster between the two games is completely necessary, although I think I'd prefer that as someone who will only be playing the 3DS version as training on the go. Would suck if my main wasn't included in the handheld, thereby I couldn't practice with them. That said, Sakurai is still really being an a$$ here. He got everyone's hopes massively up then just flattened them. If it has to happen, I'd rather there only be one inconsistency in between the two versions: the presence of IC on the roster. If we're not gonna get any of the very highly requested newcomers (nothing confirmed for now at least, NeoGAF sync leak holds some promise) than I hope we at least see the return of the most beloved veteran. Take all this "Ice Climbers aren't popular enough to warrant their return" crap and stick it somewhere else, Sakurai.
Why did this post recieve a warning? It's logical constructive critiscism on Sakurai's development decisions. And it should not be silenced, you moderators need to stop defending Sakurai like he is your lord and saviour. The man makes mistakes.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Why did this post recieve a warning? It's logical constructive critiscism on Sakurai's development decisions. And it should not be silenced, you moderators need to stop defending Sakurai like he is your lord and saviour. The man makes mistakes.
It recieved a warning for censor dodging. Not for the content of the post.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Persoanlly, I am rather dissappointed of the "clones". Sure, Doctor Mario plays like Mario with his down Special, and the attacks is different in effect.

I just thought the decisions are odd. Dark Pit and Pit could have their own lsots, while Olimar and Alph shares the same slot.
Though, Dark Pit and Pit are slightly diffeent, like how Fox and Falco were during Melee.

Nooooot to mention all of Bowser Junior's color options are the seven Koopaling minions of Bowser.

Also that Miis aren't playable online. Must have been some technical problems, I guess.

Oh yeah. Lack of Ice Climbers. Sakurai really loved adding unique chaarcters into the roosters, so I figured there was no way they would be cut.
But I guess when TWO games where Ice Climbers had broken chain grabs, balancing them were harder than anyone would imagine.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
- The stages. I was worried that FD forms would encourage the team to create even more hazardous stages. My fears were validated.
- The character select screen. Not the roster, no. The menu itself! Ugly.
- I like unlocking characters but there isn't that many to unlock =C

But I guess when TWO games where Ice Climbers had broken chain grabs, balancing them were harder than anyone would imagine.
It wasn't the balance, it was the 3DS' limitations. Sakurai so much as said so in an interview.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Judging by your signature I have no idea how you can be okay with Dr. Mario but not Rosalina.
It is incredibly easy to be okay with Dr. Mario and not Rosalina. 1st point being that Dr. Mario took little to no dev time but Rosalina could've been a character i actually liked.

My biggest gripe is that playing through the game it is hardly noticable, but there is an ever present them of the game being held back due to being on the 3ds.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Apparently Dark Pit is incredibly popular in Japan, and if we didn't get the same roster as Japan, we'd be just as angry if not angrier. That said, I still hate the inclusion of Dark Pit. also Bowser Jr. is practically a role model in terms of alts. Nintendo didn't even have the courtesy to take a page out of Project M's book and include some really cool alts like Mysterious Mr. L. The fact that Little Mac has 8 palette swaps and 8 alts just show that all the other alt possibilities were lazily brushed over. Like hey UH MRS PAC MAN MAYBE? I don't know if they even thought about all the incredible alt possibilities but they ignored some obvious ones. A Boshi alt for Yoshi, a Protoman alt for Mega Man, maybe a Shadow alt for Sonic. Sure, some of the coolest alts (like Boshi) might be a little more obscure, but I can't think of a time when obscurity has been a problem for Smash. Game and Watch and DHD and Ice Climbers just prove that. I'd even take Peach's nurse costume from Dr. Mario as a Peach alt, or maybe a full blown Daisy character model alt instead of just a palette swap... the alts are laughably lazy.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Pac man and sonic got crappy alts because of brand recognition, Namco/Sega probably didn't want them to change them into different characters.
Mrs. Pac-Man is hardly too different from Pac-Man for that circumstance. Pac-Man + Bow + Lipstick = Mrs. Pac-Man.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Imagine if we had many more alt-characters instead of palette swaps and clones:
  • Mario / Dr. Mario
  • Luigi / Dr. Luigi
  • Peach / Daisy (I'm surprised this didn't happen)
  • Bowser / Dry Bowser
  • Bowser Jr. / Koopalings
  • Donkey Kong / Funky Kong or Donkey Kong Jr. (!)
  • Diddy Kong / Dixie Kong
  • Zelda / Midna or Hilda
  • Sheik / Impa
  • Ganondorf / Demise
  • Pit / Dark Pit
  • Palutena / Medusa
  • Marth / Lucina
  • Fox / Wolf or Krystal
  • Ness / Lucas (too ****ing easy, are you joking)
  • Captain Falcon / Blood Falcon
  • Olimar / Alph
  • Pac-Man / Ms. Pac-Man
  • Sonic / Shadow
Missed opportunities like this hurt. Especially cut veterans who could have easily survived as alts.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Imagine if we had many more alt-characters instead of palette swaps and clones:
  • Mario / Dr. Mario
  • Luigi / Dr. Luigi
  • Peach / Daisy (I'm surprised this didn't happen)
  • Bowser / Dry Bowser
  • Bowser Jr. / Koopalings
  • Donkey Kong / Funky Kong or Donkey Kong Jr. (!)
  • Diddy Kong / Dixie Kong
  • Zelda / Midna or Hilda
  • Sheik / Impa
  • Ganondorf / Demise
  • Pit / Dark Pit
  • Palutena / Medusa
  • Marth / Lucina
  • Fox / Wolf or Krystal
  • Ness / Lucas (too ****ing easy, are you joking)
  • Captain Falcon / Blood Falcon
  • Olimar / Alph
  • Pac-Man / Ms. Pac-Man
  • Sonic / Shadow
Missed opportunities like this hurt. Especially cut veterans who could have easily survived as alts.
I'd much rather have clones instead of characters having separate as alts. Especially Lucina and Funky Kong.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
I'd much rather have clones instead of characters having separate as alts. Especially Lucina and Funky Kong.
Really now, I think it's just odd. The Koopalings have their own voices and announcements. Lucina and Dark pit could as well just have beena alt color with their own announcements.

Also the rooster setup was just odd. The clones have their own "area", instead of belonging to their original game "areas". :V

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Really now, I think it's just odd. The Koopalings have their own voices and announcements. Lucina and Dark pit could as well just have beena alt color with their own announcements.

Also the rooster setup was just odd. The clones have their own "area", instead of belonging to their original game "areas". :V
But that would have no fun, now would it? :seuss:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631

That is undeniably strange... although if you think about it, there's frankly no rhyme or reason to USF4's roster set up despite there being categories which every character can easily fit into. Although I suppose this is a whole different beast. And as far as the alts go, maybe I should just make a whole new thread for a "Missed Alt Opportunity" discussion.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see a thread like that. Would be interesting to discuss all the (missed) opportunities for alt. costumes.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'd like to see a thread like that. Would be interesting to discuss all the (missed) opportunities for alt. costumes.
Grandmaster Robin, Yukata Lucina, Old School Marth, Dry Bowser, Mr. L, OoT Zelda, Link and Ganondorf, Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf!!!

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
  • The horrid stage selection.
Almost half of the stages are Melee and Brawl stages, and the Melee stages have already been used in Brawl And the franchises who didn't get a new stage just get these old reused stages. Yuck.
  • The incomplete roster.
Empty black corners on the bottom left and right, 3 character skins promoted to seperate character slots just to "beef up" the roster. (Dark Pit of all things...) And the overall UI design of the roster selection is disgusting.
  • The major lack of modes.
No Break The Targets, no Event Matches, no Tournament mode, no Special Mode. The only modes to keep you going are Classic and Smash Run. And Smash Run doesn't even have online, which makes it get redundant very quickly.
  • Huge glitches
Ice Climbers chant is still in the game, Peach turnip causing online banning.

I swear, this game was rushed. And the result has become this incomplete mess. The game should have been delayed, there is no question about it.

It is the most lackluster Smash game i have ever played.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Absolutely nothing. Pretty much everything that people complain about (No Ice Climbers/Lucas/Wolf/Mewtwo/KKRool/Ridley/etc and too many clones) don't really faze me. For starters, while Ridley would've been cool, and it's odd that IC got cut after being in two games, I got everything I wanted and more (Bowser buff, Robin, and then more with Palutena, great new stages representing Earthbound, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and Paper Mario, Smash Run is cool, less laggy online play and a random online mode that isn't all "item lag insanity" that lets me actually fight with a random 1v1.)
Like...I can understand the cut of Ice Climbers distressing some, and possibly those other modes if you really liked those (I always found them a fun distraction at best, but hey, I get that people like them.) but aside from that I don't see anything to complain about aside from rediculous clone arguments (SSB4 has 6 clones, Melee had 5 clones with half the roster of SSB4) and obscure/fan-favored picks. In regards to that second part though, to be fair, we're not dealing with an ordinary man. He doesn't exactly cater to the fans' every whim.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
- There is no Event Mode. Why is there no Event Mode?
Maybe it will be on the Wii U version.
Yes, along with Mewtwo DLC and a recreation of Event 51.

Also, the lack of trophies for DS/3DS games like A Link Between Worlds is sad.
^^ event mode in meele was one of my favorite parts about it, they had it in Brawl but it was way to dumb down to normal battles. I hope we get over 100 little event matches in the wiiU version

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Frankly Tower of Smash looks like it could solve the event mode problem if it's exactly like Tower of Lost Souls from Soul Calibur IV as it appears to be. Everything we know about "Tower of Smash" lines up with facts about Tower of Lost Souls from that Bandai Namco game. And in that game mode, you can select the specific floors you want to go to or start at, somewhat like selecting an event you've already played. In short, Tower of Lost Souls is magnificent, and it would be incredible applied to this game.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
No Metroid Fusion stage. I think that's it. It's hard to find something I just can't tolerate with the game.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No Ridley Mewtwo KRool = trash.

But seriously, the main thing I can complain about a bit are the lack of stages from more recent 3DS masterpieces.
Stages from games like Dark Moon, Dream Team, and Link Between Worlds.

Also, stages from Classic Handheld gems, like Metroid Fusion, Advanced Wars, Minish Cap/Four Sword, GoldenSun (fingers crossed for stage with Isaac DLC), and Tetris (when that GameBoy game was shown to be a Kirby stage, and not a stage at goes through the most iconic GameBoy games, I was a bit ticked off. I really thought there would be some Tetris in there).

So the only actual problems I have with the game, besides character bias, are the lack of particular stages.
I was pumped when Sakurai said 3DS would have stages based Handheld games, while Wii U would have Console Stages. I though Handheld games would get some really cool stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom