• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
No Adventure mode or Events.
No online for Smash Run.

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
-Ice climbers is my huge thing. We have rosetta and luma, and to a lesser extend duck hunt dog. I don't think it was 3ds limitations at all, I just think they were cut for whatever bull**** reason.
-I wouldnt mind lucas being cut, but we have dr. mario, dark pit, and lucina who are extreme clones, and Lucas was a semi clone at worst. Different tilts, smashes, ect. And PK fire was different than ness' entirely.
-No Termina Bay :(
-No Subspace 2 :(
-No Fountain of Dreams :(
-No Pokemon Statium :(
(My other wanted classics still have hope for wii u, But for reals if delfino plaza isnt back I'm...gonna cry)

The Oiler

Smash Rookie
- You can air dodge as much as you want and it's way too safe.
- As someone mentioned, rolling is also fast and safe. Look, the nature of dodging means it should be safe, but there needs to be some kind of risk involved. I'm liking the speed and weight of the characters compared to Brawl as well as the general decrease in aerial landing lag, but I think the fear that this game will end up too uninterestingly defensive (note: defense does not have to be uninteresting) is not unfounded.
- Blast zones are very large, and it seems that stages are very large, too. It takes a long time to kill people, and some characters (at least in the demo) don't have very viable kill options aside from their smash attacks.

- Lack of edgehogging. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad if the game put more emphasis/reward on going out and getting the kill, but now the one who is recovering has the upper hand in the normal edgehogging situation (why is this necessary?) and it is very easy to sweetspot the ledge, thereby gaining invincibility. Also, at least with the characters in the demo, most aerials do not kill, or only kill at very high percents. This doesn't feel good or interesting to me now, but maybe as people play and the meta develops, this will end up being ok.

- No Ridley

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
Oh and pirate ship please... Luigis mansion was very good, it would feel weird if onett was not there as well..

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
No intro, bland areas on the CSS and that's pretty much it.

I think the physics are just fine. Not brawl 2.0 but what brawl should have been.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
- Removing Wolf and Lucas for Dark Pit and Doctor Mario, I feel like Mario and Kid Icarus have a good enough number of characters without them, and Earthbound and Star Fox feel less important now
- The menus
- No online Smash Run
- Lack of Donkey Kong / Metroid / Star Fox everything
- Lots of Kid Icarus everything. I've played KI:U and it's easily one of my favorite games on the 3DS, but it's just one game. Donkey Kong has been around since 1981 and still has much less than Kid Icarus. (not even an assist trophy ;-;)
- Five new Mario stages, but no new Donkey Kong / Star Fox / Metroid stages

I think the physics are perfect though. A nice blend of Melee and Brawl that both me (prefers Melee) and my friends (prefer Brawl) can both enjoy.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Just to let you know the mods will leave this open but will be watching it if it goes badly. Just keep that in mind and the topic can stay open. No flaming, spamming, trolling, or rough housing.

General disappointments

No online smash run

No alt costumes that I wanted to see such as as: Dry Bowser, Cosmic Mario, Cosmic Rosalina, Mr. L, Doctor Luigi, Outset Link, Skyward Sword Zelda, Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf, Ocarina of Time Ganondorf, the cosplay costumes for Pikachu, Masked Dedede, Hooded Robin, Boxing Glove DK, and many others. I felt the alt costumes was a bit of a let down.

Too many veteran stages.

Lack of stage builder in the game
Thanks for watching over the thread! I just wanted to maybe prevent other threads from getting locked due to people talking about the game's shortcomings in other threads, hopefully a spirited debate doesn't pass as a heated argument.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Peach's alt costumes were pretty lame; we got the 6 from brawl plus a half-assed Fire Peach costume (while keeping her white one from Brawl so she really only has like 7.5 costumes) and a random (albeit cool) black/gold one. There was so much inspiration for them to choose from (Shadow Queen, NES Sprite, Melee dress, Sunshine outfit, Princess Shroob, different costumes from Mario Party 2, etc) and considering how much care went into some other characters' costumes it's a shame her's were so meh.

The reusing of Brawl's victory themes, sound effects, and voice clips. I know it's minor but it comes off as lazy and/or rushed.

The announcer sounds really similar to Brawl's, which was the worst one imo.

The main theme was remixed and re-covered so many times for so many different modes that it got old after awhile and prevented many new melodies from being made. I think that the majority of Smash-exclusive music in this game (ie not music from the different franchises) was just the main theme but remixed.

A lot of the stages (especially the Mario ones) look like they were pulled straight from their respective games. This was the case with Brawl and looks to be the case with the Wii U version too, and it's not to say it looks bad or lazy or whatever, but I'm kind of hoping that in the next game the series gets a more distinct art style. The high-detailing worked for Melee and Brawl since other games at the time weren't like it, but with graphics improving it would be nice if next time they add another slight twist to the entire game's art style to give it a more unique feel.

Most of this stuff is pretty minor and relates to the design aspects of the game, which I guess is less important than game mechanics, but it's still all rather disappointing.

Shavier

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4871-4830-9227
I did not play yet, but for me:

- So big number of characters in starting roster, newcomers and some of veterans should be unlocked. 38 at start is too much
- So little amount of stages. I know there is 2x because of Final Desitnation option but c'mon.
- Lack of potential alt costumes like real Daisy, Funky Kong, Dixie Kong, Metal Sonic etc.
- No Ice Climbers (because 8 characters at 60fps it's too much? Then half it to 30fps, not perfect but will work), Wolf, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivysaur (everyone forgot about this two?) and Snake (maybe licence issues).
- No online for Smash Run that I was looking forward. I don't have friends that are Nintendo players so I'm stick with CPU.
- Only two songs per stage.
- No world wide release for game and demo.
- This stupid demo release (I mean first for Japan, then for people with Platinum and finally for rest of us, why not for all in one day?).
- Reused sounds.
- Mushroom Kingdom stage sucks. If they make it like New Super Mario Bros (graphically) then no one would complain, I think (same goes for new Kirby stage for me :c )
- People saying it's not Melee. I don't want Smash to be like Counter Strike or some other FPS where everything is same only better graphics and more weapons (characters in case of Smash and don't hate me if you like CS, it's my opinion, respect). Changes are good.

Last edited:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
-The cuts are by far the worst in the franchises' history: 6 completely unique and original characters GONE. Erased from the Smash Bros universe. The worst part is that there is nothing we can do about it.
-Questionable choices for Alternate Costumes and Clones and unfair choices
-Various Final Smashes are either identical to previous installments or are bad
-Various design choices kept from Brawl(Falcondorf, Landmaster Falco, Light Arrow Sisters, Mario Fail-nally, Toon Triforce Smash, most returning Brawl Final Smashes)
-Weak Returning Stage Selection
-Handling of the Clones
-Lack of Modes
-Somewhat Forgettable Soundtrack
-No Intro?
-Reusing many sound clips and songs

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Honestly, I think the game is looking pretty fantastic. I'll be more than satisfied with the final product, so my only complaints reflect personal bias or nitpicking. That being said...

- The cuts kinda suck. Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur don't bug me too much as I wasn't expecting them to return. Lucas, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers kinda sting, though. There's always hope for DLC, but meh. Not putting any stock into it.
- Questionable roster additions. It still confuses me why they'd bring back Dr. Mario over Mewtwo or even Roy (Fire Emblem). No Ridley hurts meh inside. ;_; But I'll live. And Dark Pit... I can't really add anything that hasn't been said. He feels unoriginal and lazy, but I have a weird feeling that he'll grow on me. Also, am I the only one who thinks his Final Smash is actually kinda badass...?
- Mushroomy Kingdom. Why. There's already an overabundance of Mario stages, why bring back the absolute worst one from Brawl? Bah.
- No My Music or Event Matches bugs me a little, but I'm sure they'll be in the Wii U version, so I'm not worried. The Wii U's gotta have some exclusivity, right? Also, regarding cut modes, I don't miss Stage Builder at all. Brawl's version was a fun distraction the first few times I tried it, but I've come to see it as really generic and shallow in recent years. If they weren't going to dramatically improve on it, I'm glad it wasn't brought back. Again, I'm curious to see how this mode fares on the Wii U.
- Air Dodging feells too easy. To the point where it doesn't feel satisfying to pull one off.
- No Online Smash Run. Self explanatory.

That's all I can think of for now. I might have more once I play the full version, but we'll see.

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
My main disappointment is that the stage selection is kind of dull. There some great ones, such as, Pictochat 2, Magicant, Mute City 16-bit and Balloon Fight, but a lot are just returning stages. I'm also surprised Mother and F-zero get new stages, but Star Fox, Sonic and Wario just get returning stages. Most of Wario's games are on handheld systems, was there any reason why they didn't give him a new stage?

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Better to have the complaints centered in their own thread, I suppose...

My only real disappointment is that the roster isn't larger, honestly.
The rest of my gripes are just minor complaints.

Everything feels so much faster and more powerful than Brawl, while still not being as chaotically over-paced and technical as Melee was.

It's a great thing that they extended the blast zones; a longer match is a more exciting match, and it feels more rewarding to gimp an opponent by making them fall short of the stage than it does to just outright knock them into the blast zone via chasing.
Less risky, too, for the chaser.[oh, and if you don't hit JUST the Villager's balloons, his recovery ability is outrageously overpowered]

I do wish that they had nerfed the air dodging, though; air dodges in general are stupidly easy to spam for easy avoidance.
If it were me, I'd have limited players to one non-directional air dodge, and from that point on they'd have to hit the ground to reactivate it, though I'd still allow them to use attacks after said single dodge.

Dodging overall feels a bit safer, but that's not a bother for me since becoming better at predicting dodges can sufficiently counter that. It's all about training.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, Dark Pit's portrayal - this is like the umpteenth time - and half of Uprising's weapons not being used for a unique move set Pittoo.

Lucina's portrayal. At least give her Awakening battle stance and some different moves. Hell, let her keep Marth's move set and give Marth a move set that resembles a fencer so he can abuse the hell out of tippers.

Dr. Luigi not being the game, but Dr. Mario is. Mario bias is strong as always. Year of Luigi? Yeah, doesn't compare to Life of Mario.

The Koopalings being alts. They aren't like Bowser Jr. and they could have been featured as part of his Final Smash instead of being thrown in as costumes.

Link and Toon Link having the same move set. Link could have used Skyward Strike, ball & chain, the whip, the elemental rods, etc. from recent and past games. Toon Link could have used the Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, Hurricane Slash - a fully charged Spin Attack or as a Final Smash -, or something else. That being said, I do like how Link seems much better than in past games and how those slight changes differentiate him and Toon Link more, but there's more that can make them almost night and day.

If it's true: Fox's English voice. Man, it's grating. Hopefully that video posted somewhere in Fox's section isn't true or was tweaked.

Waluigi as an Assist Trophy. Come on, the Wa-man needs to wah people! This can be said with other Assist Trophies like Midna, Ghirahim, and Phosphora.

Lack of cat suits for Peach and Rosalina. :p

Speculation area, a place where DLC, updates, and such can change everything:

Lack of Wolf, the Ice Climbers, Mewtwo - remember: Mewtwo's data was found in Brawl's files -, and I guess Lucas - he suffers from Mother/EarthBound main characters being the same in combat - and Roy - I don't like Roy in a sense that his voice actor annoys me and something about being not a great Lord in his game. All of this can be rectified with DLC or a Wii U celebration thing - Wii U has them by default while 3DS users will have to update SSB4 or something.

Lack of Lyn, Hector, Greil, Micaiah, Ephraim, Eirika, Impa, Toon Ganon, Tetra, Rundas and the other Metroid bounty hunters; Darunia, Magnus, or any other character with a unique weapon or more magic users. For one, nobody in SSB uses axes, nobody uses spears, and only one character uses a hammer: King Dedede. For sword styles, we have the sword and board Link and Toon Link; simple and brutal Ike, graceful Marth, Lucina, and Roy - as far as I remember -, "laser-swordsman" Shulk, and dual-wielding, spinning, bow-bladers Pit and Pittoo. Nobody uses kendo, iaido, fencing, two-hands most of the time like Hyrule Warrior's incarnation of Impa or Magnus; or uses a dagger like Tetra. We do have dual-wielders, but people really want a sword-wielding Ganondorf and Toon Ganon fits the bill while regular Ganondorf could have become more warlock-like. With the Ice Climbers currently MIA, nobody uses ice and Rundas would have worked.

So sure, there's a lot of sword-wielders, but there's still some styles left and not to mention the lack of other weapons.

Daisy. Oh, she'll be a clone they say. I say she'd be a unique character if her move set was based on nothing but sports and martial arts. She's the tomboy of the princesses, right? So much potential to show her off as a badass.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
-Wolf got cut. Jigglypuff didn't. And I don't even like Star Fox.
-Dark Pit. Yes, I pushed KI:U on my friends like some demented crack dealer, but there's still such a thing as too much.
-Duck Hunt.
-No Ridley or Mewtwo.
-Could use a few more stages, too... really, they couldn't have pulled some from Fusion or Zero Mission? Mario 3D Land? Link Between Worlds?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
-Ice climbers is my huge thing. We have rosetta and luma, and to a lesser extend duck hunt dog. I don't think it was 3ds limitations at all, I just think they were cut for whatever bull**** reason.
Something I want to point out. Luma and the duck have a lot less polygons (not to mention the dog himself looks very low-poly) and Luma itself probably doesn't require a lot of AI compared to Nana. And it seems the duck doesn't seem to require any AI I think? I haven't seen enough footage of it though.

Ice Climbers (both Popo and Nana) have enough polygons together to count as 2 characters in terms of polygon count. Not to mention Nana herself has an AI of her own, so imagine having 4 Nanas, the game would have to handle 4 of its AIs and 8 fully rendered characters while everything else is going on (stage hazards, items, whatnot). The 3DS hardware is simply too weak to handle Ice Climbers fully I guess.

In short: Nana is a lot more complex than Luma and the duck from Duck Hunt doesn't require much GPU/CPU usage.

Reallllyy sucks they're gone still, but it's really because of the 3DS hardware. I heard the Pokeball limit is set to 1 (as oppose to Brawl's 3 and Melee's 8), so I assume this is hardware related as well. Rosalina and Duck Hunt are just simply a lot less tasking by comparison.

Last edited:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Mewtwo doesn't return.
Dark Pit (?? I mean seriously??)
No online Smash Run.

So many little things they could have changed... it's really annoying.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
No ICs, Wolf, Roy, or Mewtwo.
No Online Smash Run
No StageBuilder... though I can see why... hard to hack otherwise.
Large blastzones. D: Hard as hell to kill properly.
Demo not having online.
Not having two extra characters for that good 50 number. (Mii fighters don't count)

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
the game is amazing.
yea we lost some people
but we need to be greatul the new people added are so amazing!
The loss was bigger than any other Smash game
Smash 64: The First Roster
Melee:No cuts
Brawl:Mewtwo+ Clones. In return we did get semi-replacements and the clones were more unique
Sm4sh:The Clones, Mewtwo(again), and 6 unique characters. Ouch

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
The new edgehogging system is terrible. Found edgeguarding game to not be as fun.

Too many walk off stages, far too many. I don't know why this is, since floating island style has always worked best. People will just camp the edges and go for a back throw.

Air dodging is ridiculous and far too safe. I want it to return to melee style, even if there's no wavedashing. I just want to go to helpless mode after an air dodge so that you can't spam it. Why are you invinsible just because your body is hanging in a weird way? It's stupid and abusable.

Characters are fine though and I like the physics.

Azizibesmashing

Smash Apprentice
The loss was bigger than any other Smash game
Smash 64: The First Roster
Melee:No cuts
Brawl:Mewtwo+ Clones. In return we did get semi-replacements and the clones were more unique
Sm4sh:The Clones, Mewtwo(again), and 6 unique characters. Ouch

I'm just happy the gameplay is 100 grand
its better than brawl and melee. (melee is forever a classic so its as good as it can be from that)
people online are really good inspires me to go harder.
just played it 20 hours straight I'm real happy with it.

roster isn't over i have 100% faith we are getting DLC

the game isn't even 2 gigs but asks for the space. you dn't need space like that for updates. so it is hinting DLC characters and stages. trust me on this

MY ONLY DISSAPOINTMENT IS BLAST ZONE ON STAGES. SO HUGE IT TAKE FOREVER TO KILL SOMEONE.
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE DIED SO MANY TIME BUT ALWAYS SURVIVE

Last edited:

Tails1000

Smash Cadet
No new Zelda character. That's all I wanted from this game... that or Ganondorf getting upgraded. :/
While I like Rosalina and Bowser Jr., I'd gladly give one of them up for a new Zelda rep.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
No online for Smash Run
These Blast zones. They're so big, I hope something is done about them.

cutelittleoshawott

Smash Cadet
Why not let Wii U owners have Ice Climbers and give Mewtwo to 3DS owners. I mean IC shouldn't have been removed because of the 3DS Hardware so let Console goers have them and give 3DS goers another Pokemon to play with.

Events are gone which is sad
It looks to have less content than Melee
Limited choices in Music vs the Wii U version but that is to be expected
No Adventure Mode
Smash Run having no online mode kills any or all excitement many people had
No Target Smash Board The Platforms or Race To The Finish

The core gameplay will keep people around but content also keeps people coming back. Hopefully Nintendo will continue to support Smash 3DS via updates,patches, and DLC if they want it to have a very long life.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
The cuts are without a doubt the worst part. At this point in the series, the Ice Climbers were practically Smash Bros. characters more than Ice Climbers series characters. While I'm pretty down with the current roster despite DARK PIT GAHHHH, I really hope some of the highly requested characters are available through updates, DLC, or syncing the two versions of the game. Mainly because of how bad everyone else wants the characters who didn't make the cut. Also I was really hoping for some kind of NES Remix stage since Ultimate NES Remix is coming to the 3DS.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Why not let Wii U owners have Ice Climbers and give Mewtwo to 3DS owners. I mean IC shouldn't have been removed because of the 3DS Hardware so let Console goers have them and give 3DS goers another Pokemon to play with.

Events are gone which is sad
It looks to have less content than Melee
Limited choices in Music vs the Wii U version but that is to be expected
No Adventure Mode
Smash Run having no online mode kills any or all excitement many people had
No Target Smash Board The Platforms or Race To The Finish

The core gameplay will keep people around but content also keeps people coming back. Hopefully Nintendo will continue to support Smash 3DS via updates,patches, and DLC if they want it to have a very long life.
It's going to be interesting seeing what they try to do to keep the 3DS version alive, because within 2 or 3 years we ought to be receiving the next handheld generation, although it's unclear whether the "New Nintendo 3DS" is that next gen or not.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
I really dislike the lack of alt costumes as well. From what we were told before the game came out, it sounded as if every character would have had at least one costume. If Bowser Jr can have 7 koopaling alts, why can't Peach have an actual Daisy costume? Why didn't Ganondorf have an OoT dorf costume/Hyrule Warriors costume? Why did we only get an Alph costume, and not a Brittany or Charlie costume? Why did Little Mac get alt colors for Wireframe+normal Mac, but Bowser Jr himself has no colors?

It's really inconsistent. If we ever do get DLC, I hope some of it is some new alt costumes.

Also, New 3DS seems to be the DSi of this gen. More of a bridge to next gen in a sense.

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
-BlastZones and Characters living forever.
- The new ledge changes(Feels like you can't punish people much.)
-The menu design it is very bland
-Lack of Alts for some characters. No skyward zelda alt?
-No dash dancing and momentum being carried into jumps.
-Character cuts were odd removing the lovely IC's why?
-The clone selection(I love dr.mario) But dark pit lol? why?
-Lack of a option to fight randoms with a friend in 2v2 for glory.

LightWarrior

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0645-6857-2681
My only disappointment here is...Dr. Mario

I mean.....why Dr. Mario?...WHY?! T_T

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My only disappointment here is...Dr. Mario

I mean.....why Dr. Mario?...WHY?! T_T
I know, right? Everyone knows Dr. Luigi is the superior doctor! Look at that contemplative doctor go! He's a man who cares about his patients unlike his lazy brother who goes off on adventures all the time. This is a doctor of example; the doctor we need, but don't deserve!

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
- F**K DARK PIT. I forgive Doc and Lucina.
- Kid Icarus bias. F**K DARK PIT.
- No Ice Climbers.
- Bad stage selection. F**K Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Mushroomy Kingdom and WarioWare. I love Magicant and SNES F-Zero though.
- No Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland, or Hyrule Castle.
- F**K MARIO STAGES.
- TOO MUCH MARIO CHARACTERS. F**K BOWSER JR.
- No online Smash Run.
- Wasted opportunity for Mewtwo.
- Easy unlocks. Even though it is forgivable.
- Grinding unlockables is obnoxious.

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Peach's alt costumes were pretty lame; we got the 6 from brawl plus a half-***** Fire Peach costume (while keeping her white one from Brawl so she really only has like 7.5 costumes) and a random (albeit cool) black/gold one. There was so much inspiration for them to choose from (Shadow Queen, NES Sprite, Melee dress, Sunshine outfit, Princess Shroob, different costumes from Mario Party 2, etc) and considering how much care went into some other characters' costumes it's a shame her's were so meh.

The reusing of Brawl's victory themes, sound effects, and voice clips. I know it's minor but it comes off as lazy and/or rushed.

The announcer sounds really similar to Brawl's, which was the worst one imo.

The main theme was remixed and re-covered so many times for so many different modes that it got old after awhile and prevented many new melodies from being made. I think that the majority of Smash-exclusive music in this game (ie not music from the different franchises) was just the main theme but remixed.

A lot of the stages (especially the Mario ones) look like they were pulled straight from their respective games. This was the case with Brawl and looks to be the case with the Wii U version too, and it's not to say it looks bad or lazy or whatever, but I'm kind of hoping that in the next game the series gets a more distinct art style. The high-detailing worked for Melee and Brawl since other games at the time weren't like it, but with graphics improving it would be nice if next time they add another slight twist to the entire game's art style to give it a more unique feel.

Most of this stuff is pretty minor and relates to the design aspects of the game, which I guess is less important than game mechanics, but it's still all rather disappointing.
I hate all original Mario stages are 3DS games. However, I am glad that they look as close to the original as they can be. Reason being, it looks cooler that the characters are fighting in games in locations that we've played in, almost like we're playing the actual games. It makes the stages more genuine. It doesn't matter much, but having the canon versions makes it seem as if the alternate Smash universe isn't so different from the original universes lmao

Vaidya

Smash Apprentice
Well, Dark Pit's portrayal - this is like the umpteenth time - and half of Uprising's weapons not being used for a unique move set Pittoo.

Lucina's portrayal. At least give her Awakening battle stance and some different moves. Hell, let her keep Marth's move set and give Marth a move set that resembles a fencer so he can abuse the hell out of tippers.

Dr. Luigi not being the game, but Dr. Mario is. Mario bias is strong as always. Year of Luigi? Yeah, doesn't compare to Life of Mario.

The Koopalings being alts. They aren't like Bowser Jr. and they could have been featured as part of his Final Smash instead of being thrown in as costumes.

Link and Toon Link having the same move set. Link could have used Skyward Strike, ball & chain, the whip, the elemental rods, etc. from recent and past games. Toon Link could have used the Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, Hurricane Slash - a fully charged Spin Attack or as a Final Smash -, or something else. That being said, I do like how Link seems much better than in past games and how those slight changes differentiate him and Toon Link more, but there's more that can make them almost night and day.

If it's true: Fox's English voice. Man, it's grating. Hopefully that video posted somewhere in Fox's section isn't true or was tweaked.

Waluigi as an Assist Trophy. Come on, the Wa-man needs to wah people! This can be said with other Assist Trophies like Midna, Ghirahim, and Phosphora.

Lack of cat suits for Peach and Rosalina. :p

Speculation area, a place where DLC, updates, and such can change everything:

Lack of Wolf, the Ice Climbers, Mewtwo - remember: Mewtwo's data was found in Brawl's files -, and I guess Lucas - he suffers from Mother/EarthBound main characters being the same in combat - and Roy - I don't like Roy in a sense that his voice actor annoys me and something about being not a great Lord in his game. All of this can be rectified with DLC or a Wii U celebration thing - Wii U has them by default while 3DS users will have to update SSB4 or something.

Lack of Lyn, Hector, Greil, Micaiah, Ephraim, Eirika, Impa, Toon Ganon, Tetra, Rundas and the other Metroid bounty hunters; Darunia, Magnus, or any other character with a unique weapon or more magic users. For one, nobody in SSB uses axes, nobody uses spears, and only one character uses a hammer: King Dedede. For sword styles, we have the sword and board Link and Toon Link; simple and brutal Ike, graceful Marth, Lucina, and Roy - as far as I remember -, "laser-swordsman" Shulk, and dual-wielding, spinning, bow-bladers Pit and Pittoo. Nobody uses kendo, iaido, fencing, two-hands most of the time like Hyrule Warrior's incarnation of Impa or Magnus; or uses a dagger like Tetra. We do have dual-wielders, but people really want a sword-wielding Ganondorf and Toon Ganon fits the bill while regular Ganondorf could have become more warlock-like. With the Ice Climbers currently MIA, nobody uses ice and Rundas would have worked.

So sure, there's a lot of sword-wielders, but there's still some styles left and not to mention the lack of other weapons.

Daisy. Oh, she'll be a clone they say. I say she'd be a unique character if her move set was based on nothing but sports and martial arts. She's the tomboy of the princesses, right? So much potential to show her off as a badass.
I'm pretty everyone would be infuriated if Dr. Luigi got a slot of his own. Why the hell would you not use the TITULAR CHARACTER OF THE SERIES. Mario bias? Is this Super Luigi Bros.? No? I can't believe you just said "Mario bias." NO **** THERE'S A BIAS! Jeez...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
- F**K DARK PIT. I forgive Doc and Lucina.
- Kid Icarus bias. F**K DARK PIT.
- No Ice Climbers.
- Bad stage selection. F**K Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Mushroomy Kingdom and WarioWare. I love Magicant and SNES F-Zero though.
- No Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland, or Hyrule Castle.
- F**K MARIO STAGES.
- TOO MUCH MARIO CHARACTERS. F**K BOWSER JR.
- No online Smash Run.
- Wasted opportunity for Mewtwo.
- Easy unlocks. Even though it is forgivable.
- Grinding unlockables is obnoxious.
Once again, I repeat: Kid Icarus was not made by Sakurai. Pit, Palutena, and Medusa existed long before Sakurai worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising. Pit is to Link as Palutena is to Zelda; they're established characters from a series with history. Pittoo is Sakurai's creation, but Palutena in no way should be considered bias under him since she would have made it in some SSB game eventually and not because he worked on Kid Icarus, but because she's an old and major character from an old game.

Pittoo on the other hand, is horribly portrayed like Lucina is. Biased? Just look at the Kirby characters. All of the major ones are in. Only one Sakurai character made it in as a playable character and he was done so poorly that's ironic to be called a biased character: Pittoo. Oh, yeah, the guy from a game with tons of weapons? Wow... Wow... He's a freaking clone! Where's the other weapons from Uprising?!

I don't think many would be complaining if Medusa made it in even if she was a complete clone of Palutena.

As for Mario characters. If we include DK, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, and Bowser Jr's alts, we have about 18 characters from Mario. Have fun. :p

I'm pretty everyone would be infuriated if Dr. Luigi got a slot of his own. Why the hell would you not use the TITULAR CHARACTER OF THE SERIES. Mario bias? Is this Super Luigi Bros.? No? I can't believe you just said "Mario bias." NO **** THERE'S A BIAS! Jeez...
It would seem my humor didn't reach you. Time to commit harakiri. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
No Smash Run. (Online, but it may as well be no Smash Run at all then)
Poor character priorities.
Lame stages choices. Way too much reused and retro stuff.
Too much reused Brawl content.
Dem Blast boxes.
Important movement factors like "Dash Dancing" and momentum-based jumps being removed for no reason.

I hope some day our voices actually get heard. Sakurai and Nintendo in general seem very ignorant to the Smash Community, mostly focusing on reaching their "for everyone" goal.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No Smash Run. (Online, but it may as well be no Smash Run at all then)
Poor character priorities.
Lame stages choices. Way too much reused and retro stuff.
Too much reused Brawl content.
Dem Blast boxes.
Important movement factors like "Dash Dancing" and momentum-based jumps being removed for no reason.

I hope some day our voices actually get heard. Sakurai and Nintendo in general seem very ignorant to the Smash Community, mostly focusing on reaching their "for everyone" goal.
Hey, appealing to the (ignorant) masses makes more money than focusing on a select group. Why do you think Communism worked so well, why Call of Duty sells, or why Apple sells so much?

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
- L and R being swapped
- Jigglypuff being the final unlock
- Yoshi interrupting the Mario franchise on the CSS
- The clones being separated on the CSS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom