• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Player Location World Map

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Really! That's awesome dude! Great to hear, I'm happy for you! Hopefully we'll play again soon. Go to Apex!

Vale

Smash Ace
hi Vale i see that we are pretty close to each other. we should play sometime

Hey, sorry for being so late on a response to this.

I currently have trouble being able to participate in the scene. I'm currently a minor in high school, and my parents would not allow me to go to a stranger's house or invite other people over to play. They are a bit more lenient about tournaments/smashfests in a public place, but I probably still couldn't go anywhere that is not within 15 minutes of my location or at UCF. However, I do have the emulator and can play online, which would have minimal input delay if we live near each other.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Dude just run away from home your parents are the worst.

Jk. It is understandably weird to parents that we meet people online. That's why even when I was in college (during the summers) I would tell my parents I had met the person at a smashfest, or just tell them I was going somewhere else lol. Saves them the worry. But yea if you meet people at smashfests they're no longer strangers, right?

Vale

Smash Ace
But yea if you meet people at smashfests they're no longer strangers, right?

Not to me, but my parents still don't know them. I've only managed to go to one tournament before (which was for Melee and Brawl), and did play at somebody's house the next weekend after about an hour of discussion. Unless the locals community managed to find a place that would host on a reliable basis and the players' schedules actually worked that way, I don't see a way I can personally get involved until college. I do like playing online, though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I went to A$'s house when I was 16. I only told my parents I was going "to a friend's house", which was vague enough to be true, wut. I only told them I met A$ and clubba online afterwards. Which they were okay with. You might be surprised. Or something.

Maliki

Smash Ace

I currently have trouble being able to participate in the scene. I'm currently a minor in high school, and my parents would not allow me to go to a stranger's house or invite other people over to play. They are a bit more lenient about tournaments/smashfests in a public place, but I probably still couldn't go anywhere that is not within 15 minutes of my location or at UCF. However, I do have the emulator and can play online, which would have minimal input delay if we live near each other.
How old are you?

Vale

Smash Ace
How old are you?

I went to A$'s house when I was 16. I only told my parents I was going "to a friend's house", which was vague enough to be true, wut. I only told them I met A$ and clubba online afterwards. Which they were okay with. You might be surprised. Or something.

I wouldn't be able to get away with something that vague in the first place. With the exception of a few close friends I've known for a while, going anywhere requires the name of people going to be there/address/will there be drugs/will there be any females/how long will I be there.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i assume if you say no to "will there be any females" then they won't let you go right?

Vale

Smash Ace
i assume if you say no to "will there be any females" then they won't let you go right?

Yeah, that's probably it. Additionally, I must assure them that "Super Smash Brothers" is really just a codename for some wild party that will have at least five different kinds of amphetamines and hallucinogens before they would consider letting me go. I'll make sure that they know that "Smash" is because of all of the alcohol I plan on consuming.

Honestly, I don't think the answer to that question is as important unless I plan on not coming home that night (which would already mean I wouldn't be allowed to go regardless).

Overprotective parents ftw.
It hasn't really been a problem for anything other than this. Rumors that I don't play any other multi-player games besides Pokémon, which doesn't require leaving the house, are unfounded and treasonous.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord

that's cool man i'm planning on figuring out how to host p2p pretty soon so when i get that figured out we can play with like 1 frame which kicks ass. Otherwise i do attend UCF so if u were ever in the area we could probably play on campus somewhere

clubbadubba

Smash Master
that's cool man i'm planning on figuring out how to host p2p pretty soon so when i get that figured out we can play with like 1 frame which kicks ***. Otherwise i do attend UCF so if u were ever in the area we could probably play on campus somewhere
dude when you figure it out you need to teach me. I tried last night to forward ports but the **** wouldn't open

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Your ports are probably clogged. Open up your router and see if there is an obstruction in the port you are looking to forward. Sometimes dust and hair can get in there.

Vale

Smash Ace
that's cool man i'm planning on figuring out how to host p2p pretty soon so when i get that figured out we can play with like 1 frame which kicks ***. Otherwise i do attend UCF so if u were ever in the area we could probably play on campus somewhere

I remember seeing something on a Facebook group about there being regular Melee/Brawl tournaments hosted at UCF by (LanKnights?). Do they have 64 setups during that time? If so, I could probably go to one of those and play.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
I remember seeing something on a Facebook group about there being regular Melee/Brawl tournaments hosted at UCF by (LanKnights?). Do they have 64 setups during that time? If so, I could probably go to one of those and play.
ya exactly they usually have a setup for 64.
dude when you figure it out you need to teach me. I tried last night to forward ports but the **** wouldn't open
ya im gonna try to do it on monday so ill let u know. The only thing is i live in an apartment complex where they provide the internet via an ethernet outlet so i don't actually have access to the router. Would it still be possible for me to host? any information would be helpful and keep in mind that i'm pretty computer stupid so u would have to explain it to me in the simplest terms possible

Sangoku

Smash Master
If youcan't access your router, pretty sure you can't, except if you use hamachi. If you can get in your router settings, it should be very easy.

Sangoku

Smash Master
It's a software that allows you to create a fake lan between two persons. I don't know the details but it essentially allows you to host p2p with another person even if you haven't forwarded your port. Some say it's more laggy though.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
It's a software that allows you to create a fake lan between two persons. I don't know the details but it essentially allows you to host p2p with another person even if you haven't forwarded your port. Some say it's more laggy though.
ah thanks for the info i'll check that out

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
get another thread, this is for Player Location not mommy/daddy issues or arranging a meet up, nor is it for internet/hosting problems. Lick my nuts if you disagree. Also go away afterwards.

Vale

Smash Ace
We probably could have just used PMs and not wasted the time of all the other people tracking the thread.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The only part of this thread that should matter to anyone else is the first post. If you're sifting through this whole thread well, that kind defeats the purpose of the map lol. That first post needs to be redone now that I think of it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
The only part of this thread that should matter to anyone else is the first post. If you're sifting through this whole thread well, that kind defeats the purpose of the map lol. That first post needs to be redone now that I think of it.
so what you're saying is

we're allowed to talk about anything here

excellent

:troll:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I mean the only person it affects is me since I have to go through every post, so yea wut the hell go crazy!

Top Bottom