• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB.64 Community perpective of Super Smash Bros Wii U - E3 2014 Invitational Tournament

MattNF

Smash Lord
Looks like utter trash.

It's a worse version of Brawl. I didn't think that was possible.

Crouch Canceling removed, Smash DI removed, brawl airdodges still in, still a lack of combos, really questionable "balance" tweaks (fox can now upb after using his sideb, fox nerfed even more than he was in brawl, samus sucking even more than Brawl too), removal of dash dancing and shield dashing, floaty physics, every character having great recoveries except little mac, etc

Brawl 2.0 indeed.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
I don't understand,
64 was a 'party game' but it had elements that was amazing for us, and casuals didn't seem to care, so why not keep the elements in Brawl/Sm4sh? I mean c'mon, casuals don't give a crap if there is Z/L cancel, they just wanna play mario vs sonic vs mega man vs PAC man, still gonna purchase the game though

Sedda

Smash Champion
That was taken out of proportion and people are being overly dramatic about it, but yeah, Sakurai doesn't care.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
According to CT Zero's SSB4 tier list Kirby is top tier. So I kinda have to get it now. lol

@ Herbert Von Karajan Herbert Von Karajan Get the adapter ready, and yes for the 3DS version too.....

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
SK... the game has less movement options than Brawl. How do you **** that up? To make a competitively worse game than Brawl? I'm just upset over all. I'm not going to mindlessly bash Smash 4 and its players like how people do to Brawl, but it won't be a game I will be playing competitively. I won't even bother with it.

Sakurai won't change his mind. He has an ideal target audience for the game already. Today, during the Treehouse stream, they were playing more Smash 4. When one of the guys pointed out that if you are holding on to the ledge, you will be bumped off if another character grabs it. This is what people had to say:

Sinoj9611: yes no more cheap ledge grab kills
Killamox18: Thank god no more edge hogging
Syrupcereal: finally, no ledge griefers
Chompcow: YES NO EDGE GUARDING! i was sick of that
Pendalink: edgegame goes up, cheap guarding down

These are the people Sakurai is developing the game for. Oh well.
How about when that one dude who they were saying was the best in the treehouse (the saltiest one, dude in green) was complaining when people didn't go after the guy with most stocks lol..

Crazy man. This is the culture of Nintendo and the fans they're catering to when people like us would BLEED for a Smash we want.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
samus sucking even more than Brawl too
If that's really the case, it would be particularly telling of the Smash Team's inability to balance the game. Sakurai said on stage of the invitational that the team found Samus to be the best character in the game in its current state. One of the two of you is wrong. I would hope it's you for Sakurai's sake, but his track record with this certainly isn't great.

Last edited:

MattNF

Smash Lord
If that's really the case, it would be particularly telling of the Smash Team's inability to balance the game. Sakurai said on stage of the invitational that the team found Samus to be the best character in the game in its current state. One of the two of you is wrong. I would hope it's you for Sakurai's sake, but his track record with this certainly isn't great.
Hugs said on twitter that Smash 4 Samus was trash, and all the other invitational players agreed. Unless there's some secret samus tech that sakurai knows of and the invitational players dont, then samus probably sucks.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Hugs said on twitter that Smash 4 Samus was trash, and all the other invitational players agreed. Unless there's some secret samus tech that sakurai knows of and the invitational players dont, then samus probably sucks.
Welp, so much for instilling hope that Sakurai and his team were any good at balancing a roster. There's always next time...

Eh, it's okay. Plenty of fun games have pretty broken rosters (as I understand it, P4A is a pretty good example thereof), but I guess I was just wishfully thinking that this would be different. And that's still not really any excuse to be flagrantly bad at your job.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
more hitstun but much more lag on aerials.

They somehow made brawl slower even though they added some hitstun

Top Bottom