• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtles side b rules!

RoyalFenix

Smash Rookie
And it only works on certain SB, i havent had to time to test everything out. But, from what ive seen you can dodge captain falcons because when you side b into him when he does the smash you don't get sent onto the track to be ran over! you just get sent the other way with some pushback so watch out! Same with battling another PT. Don't try it with zelda/sheiks because it will knock you out of the shell and you will die. This also helps with bombs to! No damage! Anyways, this is not anything near enough research but at least the word is out. Unless, somebody posted something i didnt see yet...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
However, if the opponent jumps on you when you use this move, Squirtle flops on his back and can't move for a while...just like jumping on a Koopa shell.

Vro

Smash Lord
I think the OP was referring to dodging Final Smashes with Squirtles >B. It's commonfact that >B will receive diminished knockback and no damage, so applications as obvious as dodging Final Smashes seem redundant.

YukioElios

Smash Rookie
It's quite risky and since tournaments usually have no itens and stage hazards, I don't think it's going to be very used.
but
Yeah, I use it quite often on FFA with itens and stuff

Kemious

Smash Apprentice
Projectiles often slow down the move enough that you stop short of them. Also characters with decent reach can knock you off stage. And it takes several moments to actually get out of your shell when you want to.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
i use this move all the time, it greatespically for super agressive people like some pika players. gonna spam thunder and balls of electricty eat the shell or get across the screen or get back on the stage. Course some moves knock you back but hell you can use that to your advantage too. Their are risk rewards to everything but i love im freaking invincible!

Yumil

Smash Cadet
And it takes several moments to actually get out of your shell when you want to.
Technically you just cant cancel it till halfway through it, but after the halfway mark it cancels nearly instantly after you press the button. You just have to get used to how its effected by opponents attacks and distances. Course, its not something you spam, but just hitting an opponent then stopping and adding another attack is fun every once in a while.

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
you write as if you had one tooth,
" from what ive seen you can dodge captain falcons because when you side b into him when he does the smash you don't get sent onto the track to be ran over! "
i didnt know what you were talking about at first, you mean falcons side B will do no damage to squirtles.
yes, but WTF at "the track to be ran over" what track, and why would you run over a turtle

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
you write as if you had one tooth,
" from what ive seen you can dodge captain falcons because when you side b into him when he does the smash you don't get sent onto the track to be ran over! "
i didnt know what you were talking about at first, you mean falcons side B will do no damage to squirtles.
yes, but WTF at "the track to be ran over" what track, and why would you run over a turtle
final smash +c falcon = bluefalcon on a racetrack :O

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather hydro plane across the stage. its 3 times faster and i can control when i do my attack.

Top Bottom