• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle Hydro-Slide

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
we all know that squirtle has a unique turning animation.
if you press the opposite direction while he is in a run, he turns around by going inside his shell and then almost "bouncing" back. It's good for keeping momentum.

right when you get out of your shell, try your upsmash.
I have found squirtle to slide across the stage just like snake's sliding mortar and link's sliding up-smash out of their dash animations.

in this case it's technically easier on the hands and a bit more situational (considering you have to turn around out of a run) but he sure does slide far. He even slides past the water on hydropump (upsmash)

check it out.

he also can keep the momentum into other moves but the upsmash is quite notable.

pieisamazing

Smash Cadet
Thanks for sharing, but does anyone really read the boards anymore before posting. At least the first page?

Icelement

Smash Cadet
Thanks for sharing, but does anyone really read the boards anymore before posting. At least the first page?
QFT
QFP
QFA

I wish people really clicked search sometimes. At least he wasn't trying to name it after himself like I've seen some people do. (Squirtle up-tilt spam is called the PBODY apparently.... hah)

So lame.

CojaxCojax

Smash Rookie
QFT
QFP
QFA

I wish people really clicked search sometimes. At least he wasn't trying to name it after himself like I've seen some people do. (Squirtle up-tilt spam is called the PBODY apparently.... hah)

So lame.
I HATE that. It's so egotistical, plus it sounds stupid to boot.

timbu

Smash Apprentice
how can you start and write a long post and click post on a forum without seeing one of the most popular threads? It's so exactly the same thing, and even the title is obvious.

Top Bottom