• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirt Data

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Does anyone know any match ups that are bad for squirtle players?
How do i combat these match ups
Ness, his dash attack will wreck and you have to watch out for PK fire. Solution is to shellsling around the stage and either nair/fair him or bubble combo.
Peach can also wreck squirtle's ground game... Not quite sure what to do against her, maybe shield her approach then punish with dair. Kind of a falco-like neutral game.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Ness, his dash attack will wreck and you have to watch out for PK fire. Solution is to shellsling around the stage and either nair/fair him or bubble combo.
Peach can also wreck squirtle's ground game... Not quite sure what to do against her, maybe shield her approach then punish with dair. Kind of a falco-like neutral game.
Vs Ness is not bad. Neither is peach, I wish my streamed match against silly Kyle got recorded so I could show you guys. You just need to play the peach matchup a bit more patient than normal. I used to think it was bad and so did one of our other top players Neon, but last tournament he finally stopped subbing in Peach and agreed that the MU might not be that good after all. Its just a tricky one to learn as squirtle.

jdmcwombat

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashWombat
3DS FC
0087-2587-4693
Thanks a ton for posting this. It gives me a much better understanding of Squirtle!

EDIT: This is for 2.5 Squirtle. This info is outdated by a year.

Last edited:

jdmcwombat

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashWombat
3DS FC
0087-2587-4693
I'm all over Reddit. I don't browse here much, though. You'll see much more of me this summer in general. That much I can tell you.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
If no one commits to making one when the next version of Project M comes out, then I will begin work on one after I finish updating my Lucas frame data thread. It will probably have a similar structure to that guide.

*Edit* Aerodrome if you are able to do it for 3.5 thatd be great. I'd fully commit myself if I didn't already have a responsibility to update the Lucas one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom