• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Splitting the metagame?

camstar57

Smash Rookie
Since there is no known counter to MK most of the characters suffer on the tier list as they put a lot of time to try to find an MK counter. most of the characters should first be trying to advance thier metagame and climb up (somewhat) near MK before countering him.

By looking at the tier list http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214428 I thought up of a few groups that could be split into seperate metagames similar to what pokemon has done (it's the only other metagame I understand as much as brawl and it's a good example anyway) and split the tiers intodifferent groups:

SS Tier, S Tier, A Tier, and B Tier are Class I

C Tier, D Tier, and E Tier are Class II

F Tier and G Tier are Class III

as an example of how this would work if there's a Class I match, then any character can be chosen but Class I chars are the best choice for this match.

and so in a Class II match only Class II and ClassIII chars would be allowed

and in a Class III match only Class III chars would be allowed.

this way all characters could stop focusing on MK and get better against other chars that are in a similar tier position as them and advance their metagame further and focus on MK when it's relevant.

ex. captian falcon should be more focused on getting out of last place then focusing on MK

...just an idea tho so tell me what you think.

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
I don't think there are too many Falcons that are attempting to counter MK. Nonetheless, there are people pushing the lower tiers to climb higher. The game has only been out for a year. People are more focused on the better characters, so their metagame developed faster.

person701

Smash Journeyman
So in essence, this is exectly like splitting characters into single tiers like in Melee we have the 5, where as you could simply generalize them as high tier or low tier. Besides, isn't it the general idea when there's ever a low tier tourny you aren't suppose to pick a higher tiered characer.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Well, the SBR promotes the pursuit of attempting to bring up the lower tiers, to make sure they deserve their position, because if they don't then they will certainly increase--or decrease.

It's a proofing method to help get the list properly organized.
The problem is, people don't tend to do so, in fear of losing, they pick a higher tier character.

The intimidation of the higher tiers prevent the lower ones from rising.
It's all about passion and determination, which the will to win normally overrides.
It's a true shame.

Top Bottom