• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Splatoon General - Splatoon 3 out Sep 9th

D

Deleted member

• Aug. 2022: Paper (I enjoy drawing and used to play the Paper Mario games until Sticker Star came and destroyed it all)
  • Sep. 2022: Grub (I'm autistic, so if I were on a tropical island I couldn't eat the fruits or veggies due to the weird textures that I'm not familiar with, though in hindsight I could've been on Team Gear because I could use a blender to make smoothies)
  • Nov. 2022: Grass (Bulbasaur was my first Pokémon when I got Pokémon Blue in 1998, and I planned to start with Sprigatito in Violet)
  • Jan. 2023: Sweet (My taste buds can't handle spicy or sour foods very well)
  • Feb. 2023: Dark Chocolate (I was told that dark chocolate's supposed to be better out of the three, health-wise)
  • Apr. 2023: Nessie (Honestly, this one was trickier for me since all three are plausible, but mom kinda nudged me to this one)
  • May 2023: Power (I'm already smart AND brave despite being autistic, so maybe some power would be nice...plus some of the "good vs. evil" Splatfests in the past had the bad guys winning)
  • Jul. 2023: Mint Chip (Honestly, I usually would've gone with Vanilla, but I decided to start actually eating a new ice cream flavor, so before the Splatfest began I bought a quart of mint chip from the store, along with ice cream cones)
  • Aug. 2023: Love (Nudged onto this one by Aphrodite, Goddess of Love)
  • Sep. 2023: Frye (Okay, this one was a HUGE misunderstanding. See, I THOUGHT the theme was "who would be the best leader of Splatsville", not of "Deep Cut", and since Splatsville was made because Chaos won the final Splatfest in the last game (much like how Splatoon 2's story mode was determined by whoever won the first game's final Splatfest), I figured that Frye would make a good leader. My tagline was "A chaotic leader for a chaotic city". In hindsight, I could've picked Shiver, IDK, I think I see a little of myself in her more, plus she's usually the first one to speak at the beginning of every broadcast, isn't she?)
  • Oct. 2023: Zombie (I know plenty of friendly zombies, like Billy Butcherson from "Hocus Pocus", Ghoulia Yelps from "Monster High" and Rottytops from "Shantae")
  • Nov. 2023: Fist Bump (I'm autistic and I don't like physical contact with strangers, a fist bump would be the most sanitary and least-physical way. Though in hindsight, they could've replaced Hug with Wave, I would've joined that)
  • Nov. 2023 (Japan): Oban-yaki (Okay, I didn't join this since my Switch is in America, obviously, but this is a "what if". My Japanese aunt went with Kaiten-yaki, but IDK, I guess I went with Oban-yaki because it kinda looks like an Oreo, and Oban-yaki starts with an "O")
  • Jan. 2023: Family (I always spend time with my mom during the holidays)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  • Aug. 2022: Paper (I enjoy drawing and used to play the Paper Mario games until Sticker Star came and destroyed it all)
  • Sep. 2022: Grub (I'm autistic, so if I were on a tropical island I couldn't eat the fruits or veggies due to the weird textures that I'm not familiar with, though in hindsight I could've been on Team Gear because I could use a blender to make smoothies)
  • Nov. 2022: Grass (Bulbasaur was my first Pokémon when I got Pokémon Blue in 1998, and I planned to start with Sprigatito in Violet)
  • Jan. 2023: Sweet (My taste buds can't handle spicy or sour foods very well)
  • Feb. 2023: Dark Chocolate (I was told that dark chocolate's supposed to be better out of the three, health-wise)
  • Apr. 2023: Nessie (Honestly, this one was trickier for me since all three are plausible, but mom kinda nudged me to this one)
  • May 2023: Power (I'm already smart AND brave despite being autistic, so maybe some power would be nice...plus some of the "good vs. evil" Splatfests in the past had the bad guys winning)
  • Jul. 2023: Mint Chip (Honestly, I usually would've gone with Vanilla, but I decided to start actually eating a new ice cream flavor, so before the Splatfest began I bought a quart of mint chip from the store, along with ice cream cones)
  • Aug. 2023: Love (Nudged onto this one by Aphrodite, Goddess of Love)
  • Sep. 2023: Frye (Okay, this one was a HUGE misunderstanding. See, I THOUGHT the theme was "who would be the best leader of Splatsville", not of "Deep Cut", and since Splatsville was made because Chaos won the final Splatfest in the last game (much like how Splatoon 2's story mode was determined by whoever won the first game's final Splatfest), I figured that Frye would make a good leader. My tagline was "A chaotic leader for a chaotic city". In hindsight, I could've picked Shiver, IDK, I think I see a little of myself in her more, plus she's usually the first one to speak at the beginning of every broadcast, isn't she?)
  • Oct. 2023: Zombie (I know plenty of friendly zombies, like Billy Butcherson from "Hocus Pocus", Ghoulia Yelps from "Monster High" and Rottytops from "Shantae")
  • Nov. 2023: Fist Bump (I'm autistic and I don't like physical contact with strangers, a fist bump would be the most sanitary and least-physical way. Though in hindsight, they could've replaced Hug with Wave, I would've joined that)
  • Nov. 2023 (Japan): Oban-yaki (Okay, I didn't join this since my Switch is in America, obviously, but this is a "what if". My Japanese aunt went with Kaiten-yaki, but IDK, I guess I went with Oban-yaki because it kinda looks like an Oreo, and Oban-yaki starts with an "O")
  • Jan. 2023: Family (I always spend time with my mom during the holidays)
mine were:
Aug 22: Scissors
Sep 22: Grub
Nov 22: Water (FIRST WIN!)
Jan 23: Sweet (SECOND WIN! also I loved that shade of pink/purple the most)
Feb 23: Dark chocolate
Apr 23: Alien (so close...)
May 23: Courage
Jul 23: Strawberry
Aug 23: Love
Sep 23: Big Man
Oct 23: Ghost (THIRD WIN!)
Nov 23: Hug
Jan 24: undecided atm, but likely to go Family

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Was bored waiting for the next Splatfest (not sure why it's so long after the Holidays are already over?), and decided to do another fanmade theme, this time as a sequel to the Japan only Splatoon 2 McDonald's Splatfest. (Not sure why that one was Japan only considering how much Americans love fast food.)

mcdonalds.png

The original one in Splatoon 2 was Fries vs McNuggets, so I added Big Macs. And yes, 80% of the reason I made this was because Big Man getting Big Macs was just too perfect.

Original one here.

File:S2 Splatfest Fries vs McNuggets.png

File:Pearl Fries Marina McNuggets.jpg

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Don't think those are sold anymore? (According to Wikipedia they were discontinued in 2020 because of the pandemic). And nuggets are the more iconic McDonald's chicken item regardless (and were used in the actual Splatfest).
they’re still sold over here. started selling them with the nuggets and all

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I think the only Splatfests that people mostly picked based on idol were the Rock vs Paper vs Scissors and the Shiver vs Frye vs Big Man splatfests tbh, the former one being fairly generic and was the first Splatfest, and the latter being literally based on the idols themselves. But for the remainder of them I think most players picked on themes, at least from what I could tell in the community.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think the only Splatfests that people mostly picked based on idol were the Rock vs Paper vs Scissors and the Shiver vs Frye vs Big Man splatfests tbh, the former one being fairly generic and was the first Splatfest, and the latter being literally based on the idols themselves. But for the remainder of them I think most players picked on themes, at least from what I could tell in the community.
well that'd be a great improvement over the last time

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
HYPE STATUS: OVERDRIVE!!!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Oh poor Frye... oh poor poor Frye....

Gets more than 60% of the vote and still loses yet another one (starting to think Tri Color is weighed a little too heavily, and votes are weighted a little too lightly, the fact she couldn't even come in second despite her winning two categories and Big Man only winning one, why does Tri Color outweigh both the votes and the sneak peak?). At this point she's only won a single Splatfest outside of Japan (and even in Japan she's only won 2, she also lost the Splatfest in Japan, with Shiver winning the international one and Big Man winning the Japanese one).

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Oh poor Frye... oh poor poor Frye....

Gets more than 60% of the vote and still loses yet another one (starting to think Tri Color is weighed a little too heavily, and votes are weighted a little too lightly, the fact she couldn't even come in second despite her winning two categories and Big Man only winning one, why does Tri Color outweigh both the votes and the sneak peak?). At this point she's only won a single Splatfest outside of Japan (and even in Japan she's only won 2, she also lost the Splatfest in Japan, with Shiver winning the international one and Big Man winning the Japanese one).
At some point, you just learn to give up

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Another region split Splatfest.

International is Drums vs Guitar vs Keyboard.

1709242658494.png

1709242666570.png

Japanese is Lightly Salted vs Consomme Punch vs Seaweed Salt.

Unlike the previous one, I do think I prefer the International Splatfest theme this time, probably because I'm not that well versed in the topic of the Japanese one (I love potato chips massively but I'm unfamiliar with the flavorings in Japan, if it was something like Cheddar vs BBQ vs Sour Cream and Onion, I might be more familiar).

Last edited:
Top Bottom