• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Splatoon General - Splatoon 3 out Sep 9th

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Welp. POWER SWEEP.

man, Shiver won TWICE this season and got her first landslide victory to boot 😔 though I guess for the landslide it’s fair cuz we had two (2) Big Man Sweeps

ngl I am quite salty tho. Frye hasn’t won since Sweet, I hope it’s a sweep next time 🤞 and one day I’ll get a 333x match. ONE DAY.

next month tho, is likely the start of a new season. Meaning a new Big Run. MEANING A NEW KING SALMONID LET’S GO I still haven’t beaten Horrorboros 🥲
Considering how the internet was acting about totk ganon it’s not even slightly surprising

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Considering how the internet was acting about totk ganon it’s not even slightly surprising
Never underestimate the sheer power (pun fully intended) of simping

also fun fact the ONE time I picked Shiver (Team Dark Chocolate) I got Big Man Swept rip. I’ve only won two Splatfests in Splatoon 3 thus far: the Pokémon one (Water) and Taste Sensation (Sweet)

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
This new splatfest theme is really messing with me because of the phrasing lol. If it was just like the Splatoon 1 ending, where you picked who was your favorite of Callie or Marie, I'd go Big Man all the way because he AY! And this feeeeels like those vibes but no it asks "Who would be the best leader?" and that's gotta be Frye.

This game has been really good at making it very tough for me to settle on just one splatfest choice.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Heads up my fellow Inklings and Octolings, as part of the Anniversary Splatfest, three free in game banners for the members of Deep Cut are available by starting Splatoon 3 through the Anniversary Article on the Nintendo Switch News App. Presumably they'll be limited time and will be cut off when the article is no longer accessible (similar to other items offered through articles during Splatoon 2), so get yours while you still can!

File:S3 Banner 951.png

File:S3 Banner 952.png
File:S3 Banner 953.png

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Heads up my fellow Inklings and Octolings, as part of the Anniversary Splatfest, three free in game banners for the members of Deep Cut are available by starting Splatoon 3 through the Anniversary Article on the Nintendo Switch News App. Presumably they'll be limited time and will be cut off when the article is no longer accessible (similar to other items offered through articles during Splatoon 2), so get yours while you still can!

File:S3 Banner 951.png

File:S3 Banner 952.png
File:S3 Banner 953.png
why would you want them?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Not sure if we're getting a Splatoween Splatfest, but I did a prediction mockup based around candy (if Nintendo were to partner with Hershey's for the Splatfest like they did with other companies in previous games). Might do another prediction Splatfest for another Holiday come December.

splatoween.png

And yes, I know it's not the prettiest photoshop in the world, I tried ok.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not sure if we're getting a Splatoween Splatfest, but I did a prediction mockup based around candy (if Nintendo were to partner with Hershey's for the Splatfest like they did with other companies in previous games). Might do another prediction Splatfest for another Holiday come December.

View attachment 378976

And yes, I know it's not the prettiest photoshop in the world, I tried ok.
i'd pick jolly ranchers for sure

that being said:

I'M GOING GHOST! though Skeleton is surprisingly popular on Twitter due to Sans (and Papyrus, and the DOOT meme, and the Spooky Scary Skeletons song etc)

RIP Zombie, I predict this'll be the fest where Shiver's win streak ends

and look at the outfits 👀
https://x.com/SplatoonNA/status/1712815532154474706?s=20
https://x.com/SplatoonNA/status/1712876000659624269?s=20

(ugh, I hate calling Twitter X... thanks elon)

Laniv

Smash Champion
i'd pick jolly ranchers for sure

that being said:

I'M GOING GHOST! though Skeleton is surprisingly popular on Twitter due to Sans (and Papyrus, and the DOOT meme, and the Spooky Scary Skeletons song etc)

RIP Zombie, I predict this'll be the fest where Shiver's win streak ends

and look at the outfits 👀
https://x.com/SplatoonNA/status/1712815532154474706?s=20
https://x.com/SplatoonNA/status/1712876000659624269?s=20

(ugh, I hate calling Twitter X... thanks elon)
I'm sorry ghost gang, but I gotta go team skeleton.

Also, Mahi Mahi is (finally) getting a makeover!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm sorry ghost gang, but I gotta go team skeleton.

Also, Mahi Mahi is (finally) getting a makeover!

You know what you did.

did they just-

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I posted it from the official Nintendo channel, not sure why they made the first one private, but they reuploaded a second one a little while ago, which seems to be exactly the same as the one uploaded before. Hopefully this one will stay up.

1697682238155.png

ok this was hilarious 😂

Laniv

Smash Champion
The Splatoween results are in:

Team Ghost floats away with a clean victory!

We'll get em next time, boneheads...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Splatoween results are in:

Team Ghost floats away with a clean victory!

We'll get em next time, boneheads...
at least Shiver's win streak FINALLY came to an end. i got nothing against Shiver as a character but it felt unfair with her winning a lot especially in that streak. the fact a couple of my friends always (or almost always) pick Shiver didn't help

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
kinda wanna have a brief brainrot/mini theory/speculation dump about Side Order real quick

just... we have BLACK INK. for the first time ever. and it's the enemies that emit black ink

for the villain... I'm def thinking Marina could get Callie'd at maximum but the real big bad would be... hear me out here...

Toni Kensa. Splatoon 3 has a lot of firsts for the series, like we see an offscreen band member having a 3d model (Harmony). why not a gear designer too?

also, Kensa's color scheme consists of white, black, and red. the enemies' eyes are red too and that machine at the end of the trailer also has that color scheme

there's also only Toni Kensa clothing in Splatoon 3 as of now, and not any weapons yet. iirc all of Kensa's gear debuted in 2 close to Splatocalypse as well...hmm...

and lastly, this tidbit of info:
Despite being named after a specific designer in-universe, the brand was stated in social media posts leading up to the release of Splatoon 3 to have acquired a new lead designer and creative director since the events of Splatoon 2.[2] This may be a further reference to Takeo Kikuchi, the real-life fashion designer the brand's Japanese name is likely a parody of, who stepped down from designing for his own self-named brand and entrusted it to a new creative director in 2004, before eventually returning to the company in 2012.[3]
although given that info, it could also be like Lil Judd who's the new lead designer and he's also the antagonist. i mean, there is already suspicion that he's running Grizzco in Mr. Grizz's place after clearing Alterna, who's to say he can't run two companies?

but I do suspect Kensa, either the OG designer or whomever runs the brand now, will play a significant role. GOD spring 2024 cannot come soon enough

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so something interesting happened last splatfest

for the first time in 3, there was a Japan exclusive one

Shiver won the "regular" one that was everywhere except Japan... but Frye won the Japan exclusive one

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Shiver won the "regular" one that was everywhere except Japan... but Frye won the Japan exclusive one
It is worth noting the results were very close though, Fyre actually won the majority of categories, but Shiver winning the heavily weighted Tricolor battles pulled her just barely ahead.

I can see a lot of debates about whether Tricolors should have so much more weight than the regular clout categories coming in the community soon.

1700858008051.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom