• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spin Charge and Spin Dash Can Hit Some Ledge Hangers

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
I don't think I saw anyone posted about this yet, but Sonic's spin dash and spin charge can hit some characters while they're hanging on the ledge. Just perform the move on stage, and go right off the stage towards them. Holding forward to get the additional hit from the aerial spin charge works occasionally.

It doesn't seem to work on characters who have a low hang (where their head is slighty under the ledge while hanging), which are:

Snake, Ganondorf, Peach, Diddy, Link, Zelda, Sheik,Toon Link, Samus, ZSS, Pit, Kirby, Fox, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Marth, Ike, Snake, and Sonic.

In addition, Falco and Lucario seem to have a low hang, but it still hits them.

So that's over half of the cast that it doesn't work on. The damage dealt by this is usually 11% for 1 hit, 18% for 2 hits, and for strange reasons, it can hit 3 times for 25% (I rarely had this happen while I was testing it out and I'm not sure how it happens). Just hoping that maybe this info could be useful, and I apologize if it's not.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
It definitely works on Game and Watch, and I'll upload a vid on youtube and link it here. But yeah...

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
So this was already known? I'm just curious about it doing 3 hits sometimes, and if there's anyway to figure out how increase the chance for 3 hits.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I've done it a few times as well.

If they DI upwards or away from the ledge, you have a better chance for 3 hits.

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
I didn't have any stage spikes while testing it, but maybe if they DI in a certain way.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Also if they are dumb enough to hang there long enough, a HA will absolutly slaughter on BF.

Top Bottom