• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spiking properties of Wolf's up smash

linkmaster71

Smash Rookie
I have not been able to reproduce it, but sometimes, if hit just right, Wolf's up smash can spike the opponent to the side.

On one occasion I was doing an up smash while a Ganondorf did an aerial Flame Choke. He hit the side of my legs and flew off to the side, and was killed.

Another time, Samus had jumped up from the edge of the stage and hit the side of my legs, and she went flying to her death.

I saw no mention of this in the Wolf guide, so I decided to post it here.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
If you mean the U-smash performed horizontal knockback, then this was discovered ever since Wolf's exsistance in Brawl.

It's awesome if it happens since it has more knockback than the D-smash, but there's really no reliable way to have it occur by far.

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
So wat your saying is...that its not possible to do....i have done it but only twice

I think u have to U-Smash and hope your opponent hits u from the side...i think....but timing it seems difficult

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
It's when you hit with the second hitbox only of Usmash. Like when someone powershields the first hit, and then lets his shield down, then gets hit by the second hit. That's when you get horizontal knockback. And yeah, you can't do it consistently.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i do it so often.i can only do it when i dacas which i use in my game constantly.most wolfs dont dacas often but i do it and people dont expect wolfs as much

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
If you get better, you'll learn that it can be punished quite easily. But it makes sense that you'd get only the second hit more often with the Boost Smash.

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
This is why normal/DACing Usmashes have potential. If used some of the time, the opponent might not punish the correct way and get horizontaled, and even if the full attack is shielded, the Usmash has little cool down time.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I've had that happen before and gotten KOs, that usmash is awesome. You could use it to combo into uair and juggle them, or you could master the spike, it could be an amazing attack

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
^ Gotta love internet sarcasm. So hard to tell if it is haha.

More like u-air -> u-tilt. That's actually a true combo, based on Ishey's knowledge.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
More like u-air -> u-tilt. That's actually a true combo, based on The GERM's knowledge.
Fix'd. He told me about it, so it's automatically true.

Oh, and it works in training, but training sucks. It told me that dair to double jump fair was a combo. Don't think so.

:059:

Top Bottom