• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spi - Shield Pressure Idea

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Havokk said:
Throw banana > run > z air catch > drop it > let it hit opponents shield > zair catch and drop > nair to catch > FF > Jump > > throw banana down > zair Catch banana > throw down > > FF dair +catch banana
Discuss.

If it can't be done (Eg; shield pok'n Nanners?)

Is Havokk on drugs?

Possible?

Don't understand the directions?

Replacing the dair with FF nair/bair to dsmash?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't think you can stay in the air long enough to drop it and catch it twice, but you an just punish if you FF AC the Dair with a grab or banana throw to grab or w/e else you think of

SuSa

Double ____ Drops.

HRC people are great for discovering double bat drops.

You need REALLY fast fingers.

*I'm not kidding. :( ... look up Double Bat Drops*

I do believe its either done by mashing Z insanely fast, or its 1 zair catch and 1 aerial catch.

Coyn3Masta

Smash Journeyman
lolwut? the directions seem like you have to be on crack to pull this off >.<, has anyone tried this at all yet o.o?

SuSa

You should see some HRC contest strats....

Including Sheik's "insane chain" that does about 200%~ in 7~ seconds.

This MAY be possible, I have no wii to test - hence why I posted it...if you can double drop ANY item, not just the home run bat (I'd assume you can...) then this should be possible as a double banana drop.

But I had the idea AGES ago and forgot to share it. Chrome reminded me of it.... thought I'd share

SuSa

I've seen people fall for longer things. ^_^

This is only 2 aerials, and if you're behind the person (making shield grabbing harder) it may be easier to pull off.

I want to test it on a real opponent. :(

Player-1

Smash Legend
I've seen people fall for longer things. ^_^

This is only 2 aerials, and if you're behind the person (making shield grabbing harder) it may be easier to pull off.

I want to test it on a real opponent. :(
Diddy can pull any 2 aerials off as long as the first one is a bair.

It must be a zair catch and then an aerial catch, with only 1 banana hit. I'm also pretty sure that 'dropping it' (referes to zair) only works on some characters depending on height. Plus you can't instantly throw a banana [item?] if you catch it with an aerial.

SuSa

Diddy can pull any 2 aerials off as long as the first one is a bair.

It must be a zair catch and then an aerial catch, with only 1 banana hit. I'm also pretty sure that 'dropping it' (referes to zair) only works on some characters depending on height. Plus you can't instantly throw a banana [item?] if you catch it with an aerial.
Then maybe bair catch > nair rather then just nair? (the nair would have to be done ASAP as to not throw the banana)

Thought so for zair catch and aerial catch.

Only 1 banana will hit?

Also you can drop it on anyone, but catching it is a whole other story.

Plus my instructions don't require you to throw the banana after catching it with an aerial, you land when you catch it with the aerial.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Then maybe bair catch > nair rather then just nair? (the nair would have to be done ASAP as to not throw the banana)

Thought so for zair catch and aerial catch.

Only 1 banana will hit?

Also you can drop it on anyone, but catching it is a whole other story.

Plus my instructions don't require you to throw the banana after catching it with an aerial, you land when you catch it with the aerial.
Basically what I'm saying is you have to take the 'zair catch drop' out in order for this to maybe work, and the biggest time for a counter attak would be the landing of the FF(which you won't evene need to do by this point). Any character should be able to punish you this point, it just depends on how much they're shooken up by this tactic.

SuSa

Basically what I'm saying is you have to take the 'zair catch drop' out in order for this to maybe work, and the biggest time for a counter attak would be the landing of the FF(which you won't evene need to do by this point). Any character should be able to punish you this point, it just depends on how much they're shooken up by this tactic.
You have a banana in your hand. Any attempts to do anything results in banana in face.

I don't recommend trying this against Peach (OoS nair) or anyone with "lolwut" fast aerials. (MK, Peach, Sheik)

However yes, modify this a little bit... and you may be able to double banana drop, catch with the bair for the second catch, nair immediatly, and throw the banana down and fsmash

That should weaken their shield a bit.. *you can mix up the OP a lot and still have a pretty good shield pressuring "combo"*

Player-1

Smash Legend
You have a banana in your hand. Any attempts to do anything results in banana in face.

I don't recommend trying this against Peach (OoS nair) or anyone with "lolwut" fast aerials. (MK, Peach, Sheik)

However yes, modify this a little bit... and you may be able to double banana drop, catch with the bair for the second catch, nair immediatly, and throw the banana down and fsmash

That should weaken their shield a bit.. *you can mix up the OP a lot and still have a pretty good shield pressuring "combo"*
Most characters have something that come out faster or equal to Diddy's bananas or have super armor:

Marth up-b, DK up-b, Wario Fsmash, Snake Utilt, Peach jab, ZSS Jab, Luigi slides and is hard to punish, and all characters have a 1 frame super armor on their grab. Yoshi's shield can't be shield poked, but he doesn't have any OoS options. just some examples

SuSa

Most characters have something that come out faster or equal to Diddy's bananas or have super armor:

Marth up-b, DK up-b, Wario Fsmash, Snake Utilt, Peach jab, ZSS Jab, Luigi slides and is hard to punish, and all characters have a 1 frame super armor on their grab. Yoshi's shield can't be shield poked, but he doesn't have any OoS options. just some examples
Can you even do an OoS Fsmash or utilt or jab?

If your behind them, you can't be grabbed as easily.

It's not really super armor for the grab... they just trade hits....

Yoshi would be perfect to do this too :p

Also a lot of people have tap jump off, which makes OoS a little harder (and normally "less on their mind" from what I've noticed)

However it is STILL unlikely, but its something to look into (eg; would this actually stand a chance in a match?)

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is absurd, even if it does work nobody is going to be that retarted to let it happen. April fools is over...

Player-1

Smash Legend
Can you even do an OoS Fsmash or utilt or jab?

If your behind them, you can't be grabbed as easily.

It's not really super armor for the grab... they just trade hits....

Yoshi would be perfect to do this too :p

Also a lot of people have tap jump off, which makes OoS a little harder (and normally "less on their mind" from what I've noticed)

However it is STILL unlikely, but its something to look into (eg; would this actually stand a chance in a match?)
It doesn't matter, the player can put down his/her shield and do one of those attacks before you land. ADHD even said himself you can counter this, refer to his PM

Top Bottom