• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPEEDY FINGERS (multishine help)

SSB Pride

Smash Rookie
As I've been practicing fox a lot, i have been messing around with multishines. i can do like 2 RARELY, I dont know why i find it so difficult to do considering ive gotten a lot of other fox tech skill down after a few days of practice, but i just cant seem to multishine.
So i would like to know a few things.

1. How important is multishining?
2. Any tips to practice it>
3. Would i be alright without it?

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
1. Not very important; double shining is all you really need at most
2. slide quickly, the timing you'll have to figure out through trial and error (but looking at frame data might help)
3. yes, I don't believe I've seen top players like armada, leffen, mango, etc use more than double shine, I think(?) westballz is the only one in top 10 who multishines

also this should probably go to the q&a thread

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
The main reason multishine is good is that in the spacie matchup, if you're fast enough it beats out their shine out of shield option. So basically, if you're pressuring them and you find yourself getting shined out of shield, multishine is a good way to counter their response and scare them into staying in their shield longer.

Also, it looks super swag.

You can totally get by without it, but keep the shine out of shield option in mind and think about different ways to get around it with your shield pressure.

Top Bottom