• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speed Pokemon

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So there I was, typical Saturday night, hittin up the clubs. By which I mean watching YouTube videos with my friend. He shows me this video of one-minute long chess games. And turns out it's ****ing intense. Could this format work well with Pokemon? How would it be different?

Some theorymoning:

• If "pre-moving" is implemented, it encourages people to use Pokemon like MixMence or Haxorus, where you just throw out the same move 90% of the time
  • Tournament format would probably be boring if you couldn't change teams
  • Could possibly benefit from removal of team preview
  • Unsure about the power of stall. Depending on the time format, it could force both players to pick moves very quickly to not run out of time. This might be undesirable.

ss118

Smash Master
You should know your moves previously in pokemon. There are rarely situations you have to think more than 5 seconds on.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You should know your moves previously in pokemon. There are rarely situations you have to think more than 5 seconds on.
5 second is really damn long in speed chess, though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hey, Gen V matches can last like 30 turns at the high end! >:(

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The problem with this is that most battle simulators are so laggy that a game of "speed pokemon" would still last like 7+ minutes.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
My normal games don't last 7 minutes Gates, what kind of ****ernet are you on?

:phone:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Unlike you little babbies, I don't live with with my parents and thus don't have a good internet connection because I live in abject poverty.

I also don't play OU, which is probably part of it.

Top Bottom