• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPEED: Fox vs Sonic

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's been tested with AR that Fox's body (hitbox) is in front of the visible image produced by Fox illusion, therefore it can be concluded that Fox moves faster than light. Lag is irrelevant, what's relevant is that Fox moves faster during illusion. Fox is faster than Sonic. He also has faster move speed and faster falling speed. Again, Fox is faster than Sonic.

Makai

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's been tested with AR that Fox's body (hitbox) is in front of the visible image produced by Fox illusion, therefore it can be concluded that Fox moves faster than light. Lag is irrelevant, what's relevant is that Fox moves faster during illusion. Fox is faster than Sonic. He also has faster move speed and faster falling speed. Again, Fox is faster than Sonic.
It's very plausible that Fox Illusion behaves as it does in Melee, but I don't think it's been confirmed that the hitbox is in front of where he is supposed to be because there isn't Action Replay for the Wii.

Even if it is similar in Brawl, your argument is still very Fan-boyish.

Btw, who can say that the hitbox during fox illusion is actually Fox's body? Link's hitbox is in front of him for nearly all of his attacks, yet it's safe to assume that Sonic moves faster than he does.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
k thats real nice.
Would you like to maybe post some PROOF that's relevant to the argument at hand? Thanks.

It's very plausible that Fox Illusion behaves as it does in Melee, but I don't think it's been confirmed that the hitbox is in front of where he is supposed to be because there isn't Action Replay for the Wii.

Even if it is similar in Brawl, your argument is still very Fan-boyish.

Btw, who can say that the hitbox during fox illusion is actually Fox's body? Link's hitbox is in front of him for nearly all of his attacks, yet it's safe to assume that Sonic moves faster than he does.
By hitbox I don't mean where the sword hits, the sword is not a part of Link's body. I mean where link CAN be hit. Fanboyish? Fox was the fastest in melee, and he'll continue being that in brawl. Sorry :p

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
I can see Fox move during his forward-b. He's not moving faster than light.

Also, if we're including movement from special moves too, then meta knight is the fastest character because he can teleport thus moving from one point to another in zero time.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
No, what you see move is his VISIBLE IMAGE, his body moves ahead of the visible image, it reaches the destination faster than light that it gives off does.

And just because something stops giving off light doesn't make it move faster than light (IE black holes)

TehBo49

Smash Ace
No, what you see move is his VISIBLE IMAGE, his body moves ahead of the visible image, it reaches the destination faster than light that it gives off does.

And just because something stops giving off light doesn't make it move faster than light (IE black holes)
The fact that I can see anything between the starting & ending point of his forward b is enough to prove that he is moving slower than light. The whole move itself contains multiple images of Fox that follow behind his actual body. These, which you say are his visible images, are just illusions. That's why the move is called the Fox ILLUSION.

Besides, what your talking about is an invisible hitbox which other character's have as well. Take Jigglypuff's forward b. Does that mean she's also moving faster than light? You just proved my point with your last sentence.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
The fact that I can see anything between the starting & ending point of his forward b is enough to prove that he is moving slower than light. The whole move itself contains multiple images of Fox that follow behind his actual body. These, which you say are his visible images, are just illusions. That's why the move is called the Fox ILLUSION.

Besides, what your talking about is an invisible hitbox which other character's have as well. Take Jigglypuff's forward b. Does that mean she's also moving faster than light? You just proved my point with your last sentence.
I would like to point out that your grammar is incredibly bad, you are a n00b who just signed up this month, and with your name being "TehBo", you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm talking about Jigglypuff's BODY, not where the pound attack hits. You're just a fanboy n00b who's being annoying on purpose and is trying to pick on technicalities. Stop trolling.

Have you ever even used an AR, or do you just read smashboards 24/7 and watch videos, picking random fights?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Mario Moonshine, you crack me up. Seriously, you sound like you're defending your mother's honor or something. Fanboy much?

If you seriously think arguing whether the videogame character Fox is faster than the videogame character Sonic is something worth bashing every retort over, you need to take a long, hard look at your life. Really. Bash me, I don't give a damm.

/argument

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Mario Moonshine, you crack me up. Seriously, you sound like you're defending your mother's honor or something. Fanboy much?

If you seriously think arguing whether the videogame character Fox is faster than the videogame character Sonic is something worth bashing every retort over, you need to take a long, hard look at your life. Really. Bash me, I don't give a damm.

/argument
I'm quite happy with my life, thanks :)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm quite happy with my life, thanks :)
Haha, the perfect comeback. And that's not sarcastic, I'm actually respecting you right now. Even if it's a stupid argument, you seem to actually know how important it is in the grand scheme of things... which it isn't lol I don't think Fox is going to take much offense to not being the fastest thing alive anymore. I mean, the Cap. doesn't seem to care much.

Actual obsessed fanboys/girls go beyond getting on my nerves.... It's like they forget that these characters aren't actual living things.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Haha, the perfect comeback. And that's not sarcastic, I'm actually respecting you right now. Even if it's a stupid argument, you seem to actually know how important it is in the grand scheme of things... which it isn't lol I don't think Fox is going to take much offense to not being the fastest thing alive anymore. I mean, the Cap. doesn't seem to care much.

Actual obsessed fanboys/girls go beyond getting on my nerves.... It's like they forget that these characters aren't actual living things.
Fox is an autistic clueless vulpine with a French accent, he's not gonna take offense to anything, lol.

I'd just like to point out that just because Sonic is the fastest thing alive in the Sonic storyline and Sonic games doesn't mean he is in other "universes" like the Nintendo universe. I mean there's Fox, Flash, Superman, Goku, etc... Obviously you're gonna run into problems when you "combine" the universes, which is why I'm entitled to give an opinion that Fox would be faster than Sonic when that happens. And I presented the argument for such an opinion :p

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well I'm most definitely going with Goku on that one, if we're bringing him into the argument. First he'd become enraged and turn Super Saiyan 35 or something, then kill the competition. You can't really go against that.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, it's because they didn't want to favor one character and anger fanboys around the world lol Flash totally should've won.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Fanboys would be SO angered if he ran at the same speed as Fox and CF, lol. Hell, the fact that illusion is faster might even anger them XD

TehBo49

Smash Ace
I would like to point out that your grammar is incredibly bad, you are a n00b who just signed up this month, and with your name being "TehBo", you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm talking about Jigglypuff's BODY, not where the pound attack hits. You're just a fanboy n00b who's being annoying on purpose and is trying to pick on technicalities. Stop trolling.

Have you ever even used an AR, or do you just read smashboards 24/7 and watch videos, picking random fights?
Calm down. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you & I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm just saying that I don't think that the Fox Illusion moves faster than light. So let's just agree to disagree.

Anyway, the point of this topic is who has the fastest running speed in SSBB; that's Sonic. In terms of attack speed, Fox wins since the shine comes out in 1 frame. There you have it.

(Also the whole who's the fastest thing in the universe is stupid since everybody knows that's Chuck Norris :))

10V2

Smash Rookie
Not sure if anyone's noticed, but Sonic with a Bunny Hood is as fast as, if not faster than, Melee's Big Blue track, as is Wario 's final smash guy (Wario Man?) on his bike. Look it up on YouTube.

Chowmein987

Smash Rookie
well see here sonic's legs blur when he actually runs if fox is faster im curious as to why his doesnt either :[ fox can attack quicker im fine with that buut (since i dont have the game i cant confirm) i would assume sonic RUNS the fastest

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Sonic may run faster than Fox, but IIRC, Fox overall has higher attack speed.

Dunno, it just looks that way to me. Fox's D-air is like faster, his Smashes are like better as in less lag and overall more kill strength, not to mention Fox still has the reflector which comes out fast and has lower non canceled lag. Sonic's specials overall are also kinda slow and full of openings IMO.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
sonic moves faster but fox attacks faster .. right? and what about shiek and falcon O.o

Top Bottom