• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Speculosity presents: Unbreakable - A zss combo/compilation video

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Not bad. I really liked the section against the Falco.

Needs moar offline stuff, though.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
Decent, but not impressive. I disagree with a lot of your choices out of dsmash, either based on lack of dmg (dsmash to u-air/f-air isn't combo-vid worthy) or unnecessary risk for no greater reward (flipkick spiking a 164% falcon, who could have ledgeteched at that offline, when u-air/b-air/f-air/f-smash/side-B would all kill just as easily - granted, it is better in a vid ;)).

I agree with ph00t that the section vs Falco is your best. All in all, you have a clear grasp of the character and it's good to have more ppl representing her.

White Assassin

Smash Cadet
i din´t like 3 things in your combo vid:
1: don´t show us that Zamus also failures in the credits.
2: the music
3: it was too short, because u are realy good, and your vid should be sticked in the Zamus vid section.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Decent, but not impressive. I disagree with a lot of your choices out of dsmash, either based on lack of dmg (dsmash to u-air/f-air isn't combo-vid worthy) or unnecessary risk for no greater reward (flipkick spiking a 164% falcon, who could have ledgeteched at that offline, when u-air/b-air/f-air/f-smash/side-B would all kill just as easily - granted, it is better in a vid ;)).

I agree with ph00t that the section vs Falco is your best. All in all, you have a clear grasp of the character and it's good to have more ppl representing her.
I DID say combo / COMPILATION video.

Thanks for the constructive criticism you guys. i can tell that people here take zss more seriously and dont take any bull****. I kinda feel at home with other zss mains. I see most of you are really ticked about how the vid was made in online matches. like i said in an earlier post. there arent any GOOD people I know who play smash in my immediate area of MD. they just play 360 or ps3. im sorry my video isnt as good as claw's :(

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I wouldn't say ticked, just ambivalent. Online matches don't impress most people on SWF, so a compilation of online combos are only so interesting.

If you're in MD, there should be a lot of Smash within a few hours' drive of you. I'd strongly suggest looking around the Atlantic North Regional Zone forum. You'll probably find some things happening. Go to tourneys and get to know the people that are nearby.

Bruneo

Smash Cadet
lol i ove the vid great combo's and way better then me lol keep up the work and post more vids

FBM

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing wrong with being modest and showing some good clips of your opponents.
Agreed. It also helps quiet naysayers who think that your opponents suck.

And I know it was a compilation video; my point was that something like dsmash to a single aerial isn't creative or even a good thing to do, period, so it's probably not worth including in a video showing your skills. You want stuff that makes people think, "nice, that was creative" or "good timing."

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
And I know it was a compilation video; my point was that something like dsmash to a single aerial isn't creative or even a good thing to do, period, so it's probably not worth including in a video showing your skills. You want stuff that makes people think, "nice, that was creative" or "good timing."
True.... Watch my video and tell me what ya think, although I'm pretty sure that you will enjoy it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199905

-advent-

Yoshio!

Smash Rookie
^^lol dont feel bad, it's never considered to be the fault of whomever getting combo'd, is it?

Anyway, about the video, it's pretty good, i learned a tactic or 2 i should add to my moves

however i had to play the Einhander OST and mute the audio >.<

Irsic

Smash Ace
I really enjoyed the video. Not going to comment a lot about the WiFi deal as I disagree with most here...being that I have the same problem that you do, I have pretty much noone to play Smash with in my area.

The Falco clip was great, some of the Bowser clips were pretty good, overall I'd give it a B+, not the best, but it was rather enjoyable. Good stuff, I've never played a good ZSS. D:

Top Bottom