• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special Request

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Is there anyone out there experienced enough with hex to make an Onett with a black or very dark blue sky? I hear it's not possible without hex, and I don't have the ability to do it myself. If anyone would be so kind as to create one, I would be eternally grateful :)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Is there anyone out there experienced enough with hex to make an Onett with a black or very dark blue sky? I hear it's not possible without hex, and I don't have the ability to do it myself. If anyone would be so kind as to create one, I would be eternally grateful :)
I thought Hex was only required for New Prok City. If not, ask Vile.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I know how to hex but thats it.
Do you mean hex in a tga or something?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I know how to hex but thats it.
Do you mean hex in a tga or something?
Before STASH, ASH and CUPASH were made, the only way to make textures was to use SSBExtract and know how to hex. Still, if you know what your doing, thats ideal for many situations. However, it is tedious and so most people prefer using these programs. However, it doesn't work for a few things, mainly New Pork City.

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
STASH will open Onett just fine, but there's no texture for the sky. I believe it's just a cylindrical single-color shape that goes all the way around the stage. I've asked around before, and it sounds like the only possible way to change that color is through hex

illinialex24

Smash Hero
STASH will open Onett just fine, but there's no texture for the sky. I believe it's just a cylindrical single-color shape that goes all the way around the stage. I've asked around before, and it sounds like the only possible way to change that color is through hex
I know how to hex but I've never done something like this before.....

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
I don't know much about hex, but if we knew the hex value for the color used in the sky, it should be as simple as changing it, right?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Oh. Hm. How do I use just SSBExtract?
Put it in the proper directory (takes time to find out which that is, do it by trial and error, generally its the file inside Documents and Settings thats your user name

Put SSBExtract and the .pac in there. Drag the .pac into SSBExtract and try to find the pictures inside, by getting the .pac's it creates and continue.

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
I did that, it gave me a 16MB file I changed to a .PAC. When I run it through SSBExtract now, I get a mutilated text file.

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
I tried each of the .bins, none of them had anything that wasn't already extracted from STASH.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Bluetoonlink, try the 'full PAC list'

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230551

Which other pac are you referring to? It spit out 3 bin files, the first was only 1kb and wouldn't open with ASH, the second was all the regular textures, and the third gave me nothing after running it through ASH
Thats soon gonna be eclipsed by my new thread, which is gonna be like that but better.

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Ahh I see it going up right now. Good stuff there. Well, I guess I'll wait on the sky, maybe Big Shark Z knows, I can try asking him sometime.

Top Bottom