• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar confirmed! (Discovery - Fall Conference Video)

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMED

It's the Spear Pillar from Pokémon Diamond/Pearl

Luigi's Mansion is also confirmed, but it's another stage.
____
Today, the new IceClimbers stage was confirmed (official).
But everyone could see the stage in the Fall-vid.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119901
I made a thread and posted two picures.
But the one isn't "The Summit".

It's another stage and it isnn't a stage shown before.

This scene is very short, but you can see few things.

I'm pretty certain the picture of Squirtle is from a different stage, probably Luigi's Mansion themed because..

1. There's an ominous full moon in the background.
2. The color of the sky is purple, very creepy and different from the North Pole picture.
3. To the right of the pic you can see a dead tree. (It's hard to see in that picture.)
(This helps me a lot and to find the clues)

So, I made this. This isn't Battlefield at night. There is a dead tree.

(You can see it very good on this picture)

It's 100% a dead tree and you can compare this picture to everyone you want. This isn't a confirmed stage (This is a inking picture, between two scenes. So you see the AC-Scene blur out and see the another scene)
______

Now we see this is a new stage.
Let's compare it to Nintendo stages who could be on this pictures.

(I don't have so many ideas so.... )

Luigi's mansion OR Ashley's castle (It could be also a random thing)

Luigi's mansion

Most of us know this stage.
Let's compare!
There are dead trees,
but there aren't any stars, it's a dark - greyish sky.

There is a full moon.

Ashley's castle

(Smooth Moves with mutant plant)

(Touched)
This is the haunted castle from Ashley, a 15year old witch living in Diamond City. (Same city like Wario)
There is a purple sky and in both pictures.
In Smooth Moves, there are stars and a big full moon.
WarioWare Touched has a lack of both of them.

(And I hope for Ashley....)
And you can play Ashley's Theme on the stage.

...well

Maggirus

EDIT: A perfect shot by Hydde

It's really great.
Better than mines :)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
In case you can't see it, there's an Animal Crossing character in the second picture.

So therefore, it is most likely Smashville at night.

So you're wrong.

And I want pie. :O

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
In case you can't see it, there's an Animal Crossing character in the second picture.

So therefore, it is most likely Smashville at night.

So you're wrong.

And I want pie. :O
You're wrong. In the vid, this is the scene between Smashville and this scene. It's the link between the two scenes => It's blurred. And look the Youtube vids at night...
This is the most stupid assumption I have ever read... this belongs in the White Background Dr Mario Confirmed thread is ridiculous.
You must admit, that there is a dead tree on the stage. Look on every stage in Brawl and there aren't ANY dead trees.
+
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119901
Was this a "stupid assumption"?

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
I'd say a Luigi's Mansion stage is very likely. Maybe we'll be getting a Luigi character confirmation soon.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it could be another light.

..well

It's a stronger light than this stars, but it's weaker than a moon.
Has someone an idea?

Maggirus

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its really a good find picking it out of such a quick clip. i really think its luigis mansion. they gave mario the fludd, so they should give luigi the vacuum. afterall in mario kart ds they also had a luigis mansion level. and if luigi has the vacuum or not, this should be his stage.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
a planet or constellation?
Then..... which stage is this?

Let's sum the facts:
*You can see dead trees. They are higher than sonething else
*There is a strong light and a few stars
*The sky is purple

You can only one tree on the picture....

Has someone other ideas?
It could be another haunted mainson or cemetery.....

Maggirus

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
This is a stupid idea, but maybe someone should compare the branches of the dead tree. Maybe
the Brawl stage was modelled after the original and have similar branches.... or something like that.

-must search another pic-
Mario Kart DS - Luigi's mansion

Trees are similar to the original. Same sky color, looks very similar, but the DS-version has a lack of E.Gadds house.

Maggirus

EDIT: The dead trees in Mario Kart DS have exactly the same branches like the one from Luigi's Mainson.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
This is a stupid idea, but maybe someone should compare the branches of the dead tree. Maybe
the Brawl stage was modelled after the original and have similar branches.... or something like that.
Smash stages arent 100% perfect replicas of the original. Examining the branches would be meaningless.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Smash stages arent 100% perfect replicas of the original. Examining the branches would be meaningless.
Yes, I thought the same and someone told me the same.
You're right.

But few stages are modelled like the real stage.
Stages like Delfino Plaza and the trees in MarioKartDS are the same like the one in Luigi's Mansion.

Maggirus

susu_atari

Smash Ace
This is DEFINATELY a stage we haven't seen before. It was assumed that this and The Summit were the same stage before today's update, but this is obviously not the case. I reckon it's probably Luigi's Mansion, as it's a more deserving stage than Ashley's house.

I'd say the chances of a Luigi's Mansion stage are about 90% considering Mario's got his FLUDD. This means Luigi's almost DEFINATELY got his vacuum, so the stage would make sense. This stage we can see here is probably it.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
While i'm not entirely convinced that that's a dead tree- It look a spire type thing (which may or may not be a trunk), but the "branches" seen might just be an illusion made by the streams of Squirtle's waterfall - there might still be some merit to this argument.

That said, I think that it is most likely Te Summit, with the light at the top being the bottom of the Aurora Borealis, and the think on the left hand corner is ice crystal or something like that, shrouded by Squirtle's water, though I can't say anything about the purple color, it could be the natural way the sky looks at a certain time, or it could be the sign of a new stage.

Hell, the stage could even be Smashville of Halloween (I'm so hoping that that's true).

Whether or not I am correct remains to be confirmed or denied by Sakurai's updates.

Percon

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out that I was the first person to point this out. EVAR.

But yeah, how can this NOT be a haunted stage of some sort? The ONLY problem I see is that the clouds are purple, and that LM has dark green clouds (?). Ah well, it's not that big of a deal.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Very convincing evidence, It seems that you have found a new stage. Though it is still too hard to tell if it is Ashley's or Luigi's stage. And I don't think they will anounce it until they show off one or the other character, or even both.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Mm it seems it have the purpleish skies of ashley, but the art is very different.

Maybe them decided to make that stage more real..... but anyways is too early to tell.

Im just 100% convinced of one thing........... those screens are from an UNREVEALED STAGE.

They definitely are not "the summit" because is so different.

Birdie

Smash Cadet
I doubt that it is ashley's castle, wareware isn't that big of a franchise, but I could be wrong. Although it is far more plausible to be luigi's mansion. (or just icetop while sliding down there happens to be a dead tree, and a moon at one point.)

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't be a big deal to represent WarioWare with a second stage. Ashley's castle would be good choice. But it makes no sense to me to put both in.

The sky at Luigi's mansion looks more similar to me like yesterday.
But if you put Ashley's castle out of WarioWare-graphs it would fit even better.

_____

Both stages would be great......

Maggirus

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nice find. I'd be thinking it'd be Luigi's mansion, but could still be a few other stages.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
Oh sweet, Luigi's Mansion! Brawl is just too awesome

Oh and Mic 128, wouldn't you agree that Portal is the greatest game in the world, not including brawl?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I noticed a new thing in these scene, after I watched the trailer on an another source.
(Better vid quality)

I will post it soon.

1.There ARE stars and it's not Squirtle`s attack.
2. You will see this soon

Maggirus

The real one.
If you don't believe a thing - enlarge it. Or make a picture (it MUST be good quality)

I think there is a purple fog and the blue sky at night on this picture.
I'm sure it's not cause of Squirtle's attack:

There are stars, but ONLY on the sky. Not in the fog. They're really small, but you can see them.
(If I'm not wrong, you can even see Ursa Minor)

This should give more clues, which stage this could be.

Maggirus

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh and Mic 128, wouldn't you agree that Portal is the greatest game in the world, not including brawl?
It was a triumph. I made a note here; huge sucess.

Can't quite see the stars you meant, unless you mean what's cluimped around the moon.

And speaking of which, anyone else think that's a branch obscuring it?

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded the video and looked at each frame(there are 25 of them) It's definitely a tree(it's in 14 frames) and unless that move squirtle does can go through the air horizontally, The puple haze/cloud/fog is a platform. I can post each frame if anyone wants, but there really are 25 of them. Or if someone knows where I could post it and link to them I could do that too. Though it doesn't really seem worth it. But anyway, cool find. I'm excited for more stages.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I think these screenshot analysis's are more exciting than when we actually find out what the stage is. Nintendo isn't stupid and they know they are revealing a small clip of something we haven't seen and will put under a microscope. It's like throwing a peace a of meat into a crowd of starving dogs and laughing.

Still, good find. I'll place my bets on Luigi's Mansion and that Luigi will be like Mario, except he will have his Poltergeist 3000 instead of the F.L.U.D.D.

Than again we can all guess all we want and it means didley-squat.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Nice find! Almost undoubtedly Luigi's Mansion. This game looks like it's going to have awesome stages. honestly, Melee was filled with a loit of mediocre to bad stages, but every single stage ive seen in Brawl has looked awesome.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I downloaded the video and looked at each frame(there are 25 of them) It's definitely a tree(it's in 14 frames) and unless that move squirtle does can go through the air horizontally, The puple haze/cloud/fog is a platform. I can post each frame if anyone wants, but there really are 25 of them. Or if someone knows where I could post it and link to them I could do that too. Though it doesn't really seem worth it. But anyway, cool find. I'm excited for more stages.
i would like to see those frames in action.

btw im very sure tjhat the purple fog is not a platform---- squirtie is stepped in his own water torrent

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
i would like to see those frames in action.

btw im very sure tjhat the purple fog is not a platform---- squirtie is stepped in his own water torrent
I have the first 13 frames ready, plus the 15th frame. The rest don't really show much. And you're probably right about squirtle stepping on his water. I was just saying that if it isn't a cloud-like platform, then that move will be able to move sideways through the air without him falling until the move is over. I just wasn't very clear.

But anyway, out of respect for Maggirus I'm going to wait to post them until I have his permission. Since it's his thread I don't want to clutter it with 14 pictures of basically the same thing.

What do you say Maggirus?

Top Bottom