• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

spam teams and counter spam teams

tedward2000

Smash Champion
This is the thread for those who've come across a team (2v2) of spammers.
(team as in, they are on a team, against you.)
have a troublesome spam team, post it
have a method to beat it, post it

To start off
Pit and Zelda team, pit spam arrows/ring. zelda, spam side b.
Course- Hyrule Temple

tedward2000

Smash Champion
So after a bit if trial, Ive found, that Ness and Fox, are the best to combat against zelda and pit. Ness to absorb any of the barrage of arrows/fireballs, and fox, if needed to shine them back.
Why fox?
His shine is the quickest to use, and it surrounds him, unlike falcos who hits it in front of him (so a chance of missing) and wolfs, who's semi-slower.
Ness also has his Aside smash, ending pit or zelda after a successful roll, and c-stick.
And to stop zelda or pit in mid process, pk thunder, and have fox run up and Upsmash the stunned target.
Or, ness downB (cannon fodder) and teammate fox stand behind standard b, to gain space. Once close enough open up, and dual attack zelda.
This works for a camping pit/zelda team at Hyrule.

Truly anyone with a reflecting attack, is good and highly recommended for this team, but optional.

mishra

Smash Rookie
pikachu is a good team player, juggling with spam thunder and else spamming neutral b.

SageMiomo

Smash Rookie
Does this mean you don't play with FF on?
Seriously, the awswer to all your questions is right here, FF prevents spam because you never know if your gonna side smash your teamate to oblivion, So put FF on, Mindless spamming is reduced.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
isnt lucas better than ness for that? Everything u said to do with ness i think lucas can do more effectively

PyroJet

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so me and my friend are competetive players and we usually kick kids ***** around our area that suck really bad. I play Toon Link and my friend plays Ness. We went up against two kids that we beat so easily in 1v1s and such and usually **** in 2v2s, but they picked Pikachu and Kirby as their team this time. All they did was pikachu just spammed his down b, while kirby spammed his up b. It sounds easy to get past, but they avoid most of my projectiles and same with ness. I don't know how they keep winning, but they win like 2 games, then we win like 4, then they win 2 again. I dunno, I need some tips to beat em' a lot easier.. They really suck though.

Madcowdesease

Smash Cadet
Marth and IKE are the best spam team!
First, marth goes for dash attack, opponent will most likely do a counterattack.
Then, IKE uses quick draw, then marth pwns the oponenet in the air while IKE is still charging another quick draw
When opponent lands, IKE uses quick draw.
Works every time, all IKE does is quick draw while marth pwns them, basically, the opponents can't touch the ground without being hit at least 6-7 times.

of coarse, with friendly fire on, thats a different story.

Counter against IKE/Marth team; Zamus and Olimar

Since Zamus has greats ranged melee attacks (a lot onger ranged then marths) and a paralyzing shot that can stop IKES quick draw and basically all attacks, she is good for their most basic attacks.
Olimar part is for the offensive; Olimar has take out IKE as quickly as possible using his ground attacks (most of them are good)
Im not shure how to do it but, me and my friend can always beat my other two friends using zamus and olimar whenever they try to use out technique.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
isnt lucas better than ness for that? Everything u said to do with ness i think lucas can do more effectively
Shack, you are exactly right, Lucas is more fit then ness in that situation.

During lunch, theres brawl matches going on. So I and a friend of mine, tried fox and lucas, to counter pit and zelda. Short story shorter, we own, 5 times.
What made the difference in using lucas instead of ness, is majority of his attacks where stronger and his UpB could hit multiple times, apposed to hitting just once.
His Usmash turned out to be the deciding factor. Arguably Ness's yo-yo didn't have the strength that was needed to win effectively.
Another team that we won with was ganondorf and falco, but im not saying they make an ideal counter team for a pit/zelda team.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Ok, so me and my friend are competetive players and we usually kick kids ***** around our area that suck really bad. I play Toon Link and my friend plays Ness. We went up against two kids that we beat so easily in 1v1s and such and usually **** in 2v2s, but they picked Pikachu and Kirby as their team this time. All they did was pikachu just spammed his down b, while kirby spammed his up b. It sounds easy to get past, but they avoid most of my projectiles and same with ness. I don't know how they keep winning, but they win like 2 games, then we win like 4, then they win 2 again. I dunno, I need some tips to beat em' a lot easier.. They really suck though.
Im still working it though, but try snake and pokemon trainer. Snake to lay "traps", and use is side B guide rocket, hitting pikachu durring his lightning attack, from the side (this remains untested, if the rocket is effected by the electric aura around pikachu, then it wont work, unless the explosion hits pikachu) , with the pokemon trainer switching you pokemon is the best bet (thank you Card, his tactic), if your target is kirby, use Ivysaur(bullet seed), if its pikachu your after, use squirtle(Upsmash), charizard will have a tough time though, both kirby and pikachu are faster, and can easily pull off their spamming moves before charizard can smash, but his flamethrower can slow pikachu, and snake can use his Upsmash to knock kirby out of the sky.

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, the awswer to all your questions is right here, FF prevents spam because you never know if your gonna side smash your teamate to oblivion, So put FF on, Mindless spamming is reduced.
Not to be a troll but sage is right. Having ff off really promotes spamming, at competitive play ff on is where to go.

FartKnocker

Smash Apprentice
G&W rocks. Against a spam team or any projectile-using team he gives them something to think about, ESPECIALLY if they spam high-damage projectiles. I think the way I figured it was two charge shots from Samus to G&W's DownB == almost KO at 0%, 3 charge shots and it's guaranteed KO at 0%. I think 2 or 3 from Pika's Thunder is KO too, but I don't remember.

Ready for the best part (you may have already figured this one out though)?

Put G&W on a team with someone like Samus or Pika. FF is off......he can absorb his teammate's shots without the enemy even attacking and charge his down B that way.

My friend, who never even played the game, was watching my friend's G&W in a team game and came up with the idea. We tried it. It's hax.

As an amusing aside, that same friend calls Samus "the rat with the gun" because, apparently, in smash64 her shoulders looked like mouse ears to him.

Anywho, the answer to your question is G&W. He can punish the enemy for using high-damage projectiles and, even if they get afraid of using projectiles on him, can charge his Down B off his teammate. While charging off of Pit's arrow-spam isn't necessarilly easy nor effective, charging off that Din's fire would be great.

:)

Top Bottom