• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Genesis Thread - July 10-12, 2009

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Information on the tournament can be seen here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141

Follow this link and the next one for pre-registration access.
Pre-registration is 100% mandatory according to The King so if you want to go, I highly suggest you do so.
Just follow the directions and do pre-registration on the correct link.

So what do you guys think is needed? Vans? Are we actually going to do a bus?
---
I think this thread is viable because those Texas people always make those "Hey Texas, let's drive to Hawaii!" topics, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

I will edit accordingly.
---
Arizona Definites
-
KosukeKGA
-Oscar
-maXXXpower
-Tee ay eye
-rugoodat
-Dark Shifter

Arizona Maybes
-Tommy Der Meister
-Starking

Oklahoma
-Sars_Pirate

Utah

New Mexico
---
This is for people who will meet up in Arizona or something, I guess. (April 29, 2009)
---
There are too many Texas people. As confirmed by someone, everyone there is going. I took them off. <.<

Plus, it'd make sense for them to fly there.

Vat-Zero!

Smash Rookie
I think having a van will be cool. Split the gas between like 6-9 people. not bad, right?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Well you see, there are going to be a lot more people coming. About 20+ I'm sure. Everyone wants to come basically.

So what I'm asking is, where could we get a bus/multiple vans?

Of course, gas money will be split accordingly! :]

Vat-Zero!

Smash Rookie
well, Not everyone can fit together. We must split the people going accordingly. I would like to ride with someone I know. ya digg!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
lol.

Once we establish our ways of transportation, I will set up a list where people will go with what vehicle. If people wish to go with others they know, then it will be done.

But please remember, this is not a 100% certainty!

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
noooooo, i made one too, everyone flocked here even though i made mine 2min before you did, lol
*potential for thunder stolen*

Maybe mine should be the transportation thread????

I'm starting to look into the bus possibilities.

http://www.busrates.com/results.php?ft=1&bustype=1&zip=&state=AZ&city=Tucson

I assumed the bus leaving Tucson was appropriate since Phoenix is on the way out, and maybe the bus could pick up Phoenix somewhere.

The bus thing should be looked into more in-depth after there is a more definite list of people, but there are there are parts about the bus we could maybe start talking about:

Motor Coaches/School Buses hold like 50+ people and generally seem to have bathrooms, 5 to 6 tv's with vcr's or dvd players. I don't think we'll have 50 people going, unless another state came with us.

Minibuses seem to hold about 25 to 35 people and SOME have bathrooms, tv's etc.

I don't think we'll need a wheelchair accessible bus, lol

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Put me down as wants to go really badly but isn't quite sure what his parents thinks of it yet

Battle!
haha, i'll probably be driving, i just realized.

also, put me down as an attendee. I will register just as soon as I finish my homework.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Change this **** to a SW representation list <_< We all just meet up in Arizona and go together.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Kosuke, but me down as maybe, I already pre-registered, just not sure what the mom is going to think.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oklahoma, kinda wanna join up. I have a grand plan of everyone meeting up and going to AZ then So Cal to Nor Cal for Genesis. <_< Not 100% yet though so I guess y'all can keep it AZ lol

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I have it setup so that all states are present on the list, Sarsy. Just in case.

It sounds like an epic idea.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
So I'm going to repost this in hopes of maybe generating some discussion on the topic of transportation.

http://www.busrates.com/results.php?...AZ&city=Tucson

I assumed the bus leaving Tucson was appropriate since Phoenix is on the way out, and maybe the bus could pick up Phoenix somewhere.

The bus thing should be looked into more in-depth after there is a more definite list of people, but there are there are parts about the bus we could maybe start talking about:

Motor Coaches/School Buses hold like 50+ people and generally seem to have bathrooms, 5 to 6 tv's with vcr's or dvd players. I don't think we'll have 50 people going, unless another state came with us.

Minibuses seem to hold about 25 to 35 people and SOME have bathrooms, tv's etc.

I don't think we'll need a wheelchair accessible bus, lol

Some places have vans as well

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Eh Tai, you got it. This **** will be fun as hell if it goes through, but if not, I might not be able to take people with me >_<

But It'd be awesome if I could grab W. Bank with me. And Louisiana. And then TX and OK <_< In my head it sounds so beautiful.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
-Tai's Mom can take some people.
-Bus is 30 dollars to Cali...
-Or we can all rent vans and have a sausage fest.

You decide.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
or we could look into getting AZ (and maybe surrounding states?) in on one bus. Or a smaller bus for just AZ. I think with the cost split between however many would be going, would be less than $30. I'm still researching though.

Besides, a bus with a bunch of people you know, that could potentially have tv's+restroom on it, would be much more fun than a random a$$ bus, with a bunch of random a$$ people you don't know, with probably no tv and or restroom on it.

Seriously, we should could consider taking some form of a bus together to Genesis.

tekkie

Smash Master
NM here.

What are we looking at? Meeting in AZ and mass transporting from there? Is it cost effective? We're checking the pricing on different options, correct? (More people from the NM thread will hopefully trickle in.)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Have you guys thought what to do AFTER Genesis? Remember, Evo 09 is in Vegas the very next weekend.

Think about it. Spend that mon-wed just enjoying a vacation in San Fransisco or LA. Then make the not-so-far drive to Vegas, and live the dream weekend AGAIN:)

Top Bottom