• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southern California Project M Smashers Searching for People to Play

F$=D

Smash Rookie
This is for So Cali people for anyone looking for Project M Smashers. From: Santa Monica to Los Angeles to Van Nuys to Mission Hills to Valencia to Burbanks to Torrance to Long Beach to Costa Mesa to Laguna Beach to Orange County to Rancho Cucamonga to Ontario to Riverside to Corona to Moreno Valley to Redlands to Banning to San Bernardino to Highland to Fontana areas. I host on a regular basis at my place or I'm down to drive to these places to Smash for PM for friendlies and I play competitively as I used to play in Melee but better in PM. Hit me up here and I'll leave you my number to contact me so we can gather as much people. I'm here to help get better or to learn and get better also myself and meet new people in the process. I'm like Ryu in Street Fighter a wandering fighter testing out my skillz as a fighter and learning new skillz also to become better. Hoping to meet you and get some good games in.

Jerome
F$=D
(Fox $#!N3 Equals Death)

Oracle

Smash Master
Disqo bunny lives in pasadena hes been looking for folks to play, look him up. Also go check in the regiinal zones

Zolom

Smash Apprentice
Well, well, well. Glad to see the advertising! I've smashed and hung with this guy. I've met a couple of his buddies too, everyone is really relaxed with has skill. He easily accommodated both my lady and I and made us feel real comfortable in his home. I'll definitely be heading back again soon, if not tomorrow. Hope to see some of yall there!

Also, bump.

Kazzypoo

Smash Rookie
Hey I live in the Glendale area and I'm actually just picking up Super Smash Bros seriously for the first time with Project M. I am an 09'er when it comes to fighting games and the most recent game I'm coming from is UMVC3. I appreciate the balance and creativity I see in characters used and game mechanics. That said, I'm probably not ready for casuals with decent PM players, but I thought this would be an appropriate place to voice my interest in competitive smash.

Zolom

Smash Apprentice
Best way to learn is to get yourself out there and play other people, computers only go so far. First choose a character main. Second learn the basic tech maneuvers, i.e wavedashing, DACUS, wavelanding, lag cancelling, etc, all of these can be practiced on your own, but truly sink in with practical use against players. Once you have the basics down, start watching some tournament vids with your character, learn all that you can from them. Start playing with computers and other players around your skill level. Once you are knocking computers around like sandbags, jump into the community and play people, anyone, regardless if their skill level is far beyond yours. I believe it was HBox that said something like play as many people as you possibly can at tourneys and smash gatherings, just play non-stop. From what I was told when I started smashing with him and his buddies, F$=D was more than willing to help both the lady and I improve. I get rolled 90% of the time, but after just a couple sessions I feel I'm better than I ever was, I even win on occasion!

In my opinion, as long as you learn the basic tech skills, you can skip all the other steps and start playing anyone and everyone, I just feel its a bit more appropriate to learn the basics on your own time and not against others. Learn on comps, master on players.

Good luck and happy smashing!

Top Bottom