• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Park!

Scorpionic 3:16

Smash Cadet
Anyone else watch South Park? I know at least one person does, because there's a Kyle Broflovski avatar. If you don't, you need to watch it. It's one of the best shows on TV right now.

Come here to talk about your favorite characters, episodes, the Scientology dispute, etc.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
Love South Park, probably the greatest cartoon on TV for the last couple years.

I like the Scott Tenorman Must Die episode, as well as any episode with alot of Cartman. =P

Especially when he's Hall Monitor.

LightningBlade

Smash Rookie
The episode where Kyle's(mabey not, i forgot his name) brother was sent back to Canada.
"And ze French Canada is ze best Canada, its ze best Canada in the world......"
P.S. World of Warcraft episode was great too

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
My favorite episode of all time is "Child Abduction is not Funny" because of the City Wok guy and the Mongolians. "Chinpokomon" is a good one, too.
I like those too. South Park is comedic gold.

I am the Dawg, the big bad Dawg!
XD

I like how he just sprays people in the face with the mace. Hilarious.

My favorite episode of all time is "Best Friends Forever".
Satan: How are we gonna win? They've got their Keanu Reeves. Ah dammit.

Dibs

Smash Lord
This whole past season has been outstanding for me. The aethism episode, world of warcraft, return of chef, cartoon wars, etc.

My favorite though has to be the dawg the bounty hunter one. Busting butters out while he's singing his pee pee song. Hilarious.

I just didn't care for the season finale. It did nothing for me.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
It's funny that what started as, by far, the most trite and unintelligent show on television molded so quickly into one of the wittiest. Even my dad watches South Park, and he's quite picky about what he'll designate time to watching.

The atheism episode hit close to home for me, but in ways I could definitely laugh heartily about. I don't know what the Scientologists were complaining about, honestly. Other religions have gotten belted far, far worse. Need I mention "All About Mormons"?

And it's interesting. I read an interview with Isaac Hayes shortly after the Scientology episode where he said he was cool with the episode. He said something along the lines of "I kept telling them, 'Guys, you got it all wrong.' [laughs] But that's their thing, man! That's what's great about the show."

All in all, great show. I'll be humming Casa Bonita for a while now. Thanks.

Scorpionic 3:16

Smash Cadet
Does anybody know when the new season starts? I think it's in March, but I'm not sure on that. I need to look forward to something else other than Brawl's release. (The wait is killing me. Maybe I should freeze myself.)

marthsword

Smash Ace
South Park is my favorite show of all time. It is the best IMO. There has never been a bad south park ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever. And it will live forever because news will live forever and it feeds off that.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
There has been only one bad episode of SP, and that was "Pip" in season 4. That episode is just downright boring. Other than that SP is a flawless show.

CARTMAN 4 BRAWL! =P
That episode was awesome! It made fun of the book Great Expectations, which my literature class just went over. The teacher actually let us watch the episode for a compare/contrast assignment. We couldn't believe it!

Anyway, the best new episode was the World Of Warcraft episode. That one was almost perfect in making fun of it, and the sad part is that most of the stuff in it is true:laugh: .

Aeramis

Smash Ace
South Park FTW! That episode where Cartman goes in the future to get a Wii was funny and that one where they do the dance off was good.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Hey do you guys remember the episode where they made fun of the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow'? I think it was the best episode ever...'Help, global warming is coming ! Runnn!!!' (everybody starts running)'Oh no, now its coming from the other direction!'(Everyone starts running the other direction). My favorite scene where Stan's dad and a couple other guys were walking across south park, and they though it was -100 degrees, but it really was a warm summer day. They were wearing heavy winter gear on thou, and one of the guys was said 'So hot can't go on...' Then Stan's dad replied 'feeling hot is one of the first symptoms of hyperthermia! We must huddle together to keep warm.'

Best. Episode. Ever.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Now that this topic's been revived...

I feel that South Park has been getting less funny and more preachy. I don't mean this in a bad way. For what it's worth, South Park is the most relevant (and probably the most intelligent) show on television. It just isn't that funny anymore. Even the last truly great episode, The World of Warcraft one, just wasn't as funny as some of the classics.

I'll look at a new episode and think "Hey, that's clever. Good job guys!" But than I'll remember back to the Cow Days episode, or Passion of the Jew, or the one with Damian, and remember that this show used to be a lot better.

It's just that they don't pack as much humor into thirty minutes as they used to. I remember when every single scene was jam-packed with comedy. I'd laugh so hard that my lungs would start to hurt. That just doesn't happen to me anymore. Now I get a few laughs and come off with a probably important message (though sometimes the writers are just shoving their opinions in my face), but it just doesn't feel the same.

And why is it that the world always seems to be in danger in every episode? What happened to the simple episodes when Kyle, Cartman, Kenny, and Stan were just being kids?

This show needs a reboot. If I see one more secret organization, or one more government conspiracy, I'll go insane.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I love how some guy chooses to respond to this thread AFTER the other one gets unlocked.

I feel it's improved for those very reasons. I'm not really a fan of just blank cussing at everyone humor like how they were in the old days. The clever stuff to me makes it all the more hilarious. The tourettes syndrome episode from this season was one of the more hilarious things I've seen in a while. I dunno.. Different people, different humors.

Gnes

Smash Master
South Park is probably just trying to improve itself....if u keep doin the same types of humor over and over, it will eventually get old, just look at the simpsons....and family guy's gettin that way too. But everyone has different tastes on humor, personally the new south park is funnier to me

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I see the show as more of a topical parody on life instead of just trying to be shocking. Think about it. They've been doing that more. Like the episode when Kenny gets a PSP and gets hit by a car. That was a parody of Terry Shaivo and Video Game Release Rushes. They've been doing shows like that more often.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
All that is very well, but it's still not that funny.

And the show hasn't been "new" in a very long time. Every episode has something catastrophic happening to the world, Stan's dad freaks out, Cartman supports the bad thing, and Kyle and Stan have to stop it. Rarely do new episodes ever stray from this formula.

And the old episodes were actually very clever, and not just full of cussing and fart jokes. You could say that the tourettes episode was the ultimate example of cuss jokes.

"But demoncaterpie, that episode had a deeper meaning!"

That's great, but it was still pretty much all cuss jokes.

I like how South Park is culturally significant, but I don't see why the have to sacrifice humor in order to achieve it.

The episodes in season 8 pulled this off perfectly. The Wall Mart episode, the You Got Served episode, all of these were hilarious and insightful at the same time. Now, all we get are clever ideas with a few funny jokes.

I don't want my humor sacrificed.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Stan's Dad is by far the funniest character IMO. Everything he does is freakin' hilarious. Have you seen the episode where he takes the biggest crap? or when he gets into fights at the kids' baseball games?

jeez...
I have seen those episodes. And Stan's dad is incredibly funny...in moderation. After he screws things up for the 100th time though, I start to get bored.

As soon as he appears in a shot, I know exactly what he's going to do. His insanity has now become predictable, making him rather boring to watch.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
There is some humor in knowing the fact that Kyle and Cartman have an childish rivalry that's taken to epic proportions. And also the various celebrities on the show that show up to make ***** out of themselves.

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
I have seen those episodes. And Stan's dad is incredibly funny...in moderation. After he screws things up for the 100th time though, I start to get bored.

As soon as he appears in a shot, I know exactly what he's going to do. His insanity has now become predictable, making him rather boring to watch.
What I've come down to is that we just have different senses of humor. While I find a show like family guy repetitive and boring, you feel the same about south park. That just shows how different these shows are and that they are intended for different audiences.

Staby

Smash Rookie
If you saw last week's new episode where Stan, Kyle, Jimmy, and Butters go into Imagination land and then the terrorists attack it and hold Butters hostage then you need to see tonight's. This 3-part episode is just growing more and more hilarious.

My favorite character by the way is Butters. He's just too funny, especially when he goes to a Christian camp that helps kids who are homosexuals become heterosexual.

Butters: "I'm Bi Curious!"

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
The Rambo reference at the end of Imaginationland I was awesome.

Anyone else laugh when they saw Wario was one of the big evil group from behind the wall. And manbearpig as well.

Sagat, Heihatchi Mashima and Akuma where all there as well....funny as hell.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
south park to me is by far the best cartoon on right now;maybe ever.its ****in hilarious,i think i've watched probably 9/10 of all the episodes.haha,my nickname is kenny @ skool right now because apparently i remind them of kenny a lot.but i really dont undestand how.

Top Bottom