• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Mississippi Brawl/Melee Tournament : October 19th :

BlackTulip

Smash Cadet
Brawl / Melee Tournament at PlayNTrade Gulport, MS. It's at Hardy Court off of Pass Road.
October 19th at 1:30 PM CNT, I'd recommend showing up around 12:30 or 1. Visit PlayNTrade.com for number for extra info.

Info :

10$ Entry per Tourn
Possible 200$ 1st Prize
Prize Money for 2nd and 3rd ( or material items)

Hope to see you guys there!

Vts

Smash Champion
umm bad weekend to host it 90% of the melee people will be at Event 52 maybe in 2-3 weeks u should host it (so i can visit DML and ride with them down there lol).

u should also include the rules

BlackTulip

Smash Cadet
Im not the one hosting so I can't really change the date. It's a monthly tourn. held on the 3rd Sunday of each month though.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'll probably be there for melee.

EDIT: Your prize support is very vague. Care to un-vague it?

D

Deleted member

this post doesnt have many responses going for it. what's your expected melee turnout?

Sariku

Smash Master
Look, I know all the details as well as he does.

It will be the time and date, and first prize, assuming enough people turn up, will be 200 Dollars. We have no clue about the 2nd and possibly 3rd prize other than there will probably be one. For people, there will probably be more Brawl people than Melee, but both tournaments will go on nonetheless.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I should clarify what I was asking. How many people is "enough" people? I mean, assuming that the venue is taking some sort of cut with a $10 entry you'd need 25-30 people just to get the $200, much less the 2nd and third that you say will probably happen. Last play-n-trade tournament I went to barely managed 20 people (though admittedly it was in a place with hardly any local scene - I have no idea what your area is like). How realistic is this figure, then?

Also, speaking of that last PnT tournament, their ruleset was seriously janky. We're talking timed matches, all random stages (and when I say all, I mean ALL - Camprule temple, here we come), etc. You guys using a standard ruleset?

Not trying to be an *** here, mind you. Just trying to figure out whether it's worth the gas to come over.

Sariku

Smash Master
The manager of the Play'N'Trade I have known for over a year. In ruleset, I can bend him into what I say, and being a Smash Director, I'm sure you'll be fine with my ruleset.

We hardly have any local scene down here, so I realistically can't say much. Basically, if you mostly want the money rather than the competition, I wouldn't trust it if you have to drive far.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Are you sure about the time of the tourney? The PnT website says 2 for the tourney, not 1:30

D

Deleted member

i was looking for a MS thread but i dont think there is one, lol.

for anyone interested:

LasT Smash 2 - Baton Rouge, La. (11/22/08) Melee/ Brawl!

Top Bottom