• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Florida Social Thread and Player Index

Jay64

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm new to smashboard but would like to know where some competitions are at. I'm in the Palm Beach area.
City: Lake Worth
Tag: Scudda
Mains: Ike, Bowser, Sonic

Last edited:

lazey27

Smash Rookie
NNID
yamsock
Tag: Lazey
Main: (Melee) Fox
Secondaries: (Melee) Falco, Falcon
Main: (SSB4) Jigglypuff
City: Cutler Bay
Email: ytobon1@gmail.com

thanks dude

Last edited:

lazey27

Smash Rookie
NNID
yamsock
any active melee players in cutler bay?

Last edited:

Taysak

Smash Rookie
Tag: Taysak
City: Coral Springs
Main: Link
Second: Pikachu
I would like to me added for smash 4

hbo

Smash Rookie
Hey, my name is Brad. I'm at FIU in University Park. Does anyone know of small tournaments that are in the local area?

AAA Battery

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1897-1891
I'd love to be a part of this, too. I live in Miramar, Florida (or I guess Miami) and I love playing competitively but I only have online and CPUs to practice on. Though I feel like I could do a lot better with some legitimate human interaction...

MiZ1K3

Smash Rookie
NNID
MiZ1K3
Hey whats up im new to this whole thing cant believe i never signed up here. I play Smash 4. Looking for local tournaments if any.

Tag: MiZ1K3
Main: Mario
Alt: Ike, Pikachu, Jiggs
City: Sunrise

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Hey guys I just moved to the Treasure Coast area, I'd be down to Smash and chill pretty much anytime. I play Melee, Project M, and Smash 4 but I don't have access to a WiiU or 3DS myself, so I'm not too good at 4. I got into Smash around the time of the documentary but I mostly come from a Project M background because that's what I played online a lot. I live right between Fort Pierce and Vero beach.

kfdz277

Smash Rookie
NNID
kfdz277
Hi, my name's Ken, I play mostly PM and Brawl, but I can play PM and Melee. I'm in the general Miami area, looking for any kind of local tournament to step up my game.

Last edited:

eidorian

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Old smasher here from the Golden Era.

I'm going to be visiting the South Florida area and am looking for anyone that knows of some place that people meet up weekly (house, lan center, etc) to play Melee.

Hungry player here.

Any kind of information would be appreciated. Best regards.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Old smasher here from the Golden Era.

I'm going to be visiting the South Florida area and am looking for anyone that knows of some place that people meet up weekly (house, lan center, etc) to play Melee.

Hungry player here.

Any kind of information would be appreciated. Best regards.
I strongly second this.

Red-kun

Smash Rookie
NNID
Abhi-Wan
Hey guys! Just moved to Florida, Winter Park to be exact and would love to get into the Smash scene in the area. I play Smash 4 and if anyone knows of any weekly tournaments in Orlando or in the Winter Park area please let me know! I also go to school at Full Sail, if that helps with my location. I would be down to meet up and play some Smash!

Mains: Link and Roy

'V'

Smash Lord
Hey, guys!! Louisiana is hosting a big tournament called the South Louisiana Major (SLAM 2017) on April 1st (not an April Fool's joke) and we want you guys to come out and play. We have both Melee and Smash 4 here both with a $200 and $300 Pot Bonus respectively. We also have pot bonuses for other games such as SFV and KoFXIV totaling to about $2,000 so far (there will be more to come). We have a good hotel with good space and good food in the area as well. There are also a good number of players that will offer up possible housing. Let us know if you're interested!! Hope to see y'all there!!

Smashboards thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/apr...7-2-000-in-pot-bonuses-baton-rouge-la.444811/

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/178...09509/?notif_t=like&notif_id=1484336989315425

Smash.gg registration: https://smash.gg/tournament/south-louisiana-major-2017-slam-2017/details

ChemX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mychemmeghan
Hey, guys!! Louisiana is hosting a big tournament called the South Louisiana Major (SLAM 2017) on April 1st (not an April Fool's joke) and we want you guys to come out and play. We have both Melee and Smash 4 here both with a $200 and $300 Pot Bonus respectively. We also have pot bonuses for other games such as SFV and KoFXIV totaling to about $2,000 so far (there will be more to come). We have a good hotel with good space and good food in the area as well. There are also a good number of players that will offer up possible housing. Let us know if you're interested!! Hope to see y'all there!!

Smashboards thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/apr...7-2-000-in-pot-bonuses-baton-rouge-la.444811/

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/178...09509/?notif_t=like&notif_id=1484336989315425

Smash.gg registration: https://smash.gg/tournament/south-louisiana-major-2017-slam-2017/details
This is a South Florida tread so I'm not sure how a Louisana major relates.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Smash.gg
Smashboards
Facebook Link

Welcome to Donut Dub 4, the first entry in the Kennis Six Championship Series and the finale to our signature Donut Dub series from 2016!

Featuring Smash 4 and Melee, Donut Dub returns as the ultimate Kennis Six event, with our crew battle bracket... Championship Edition! We're throwing a $100 winner-take-all pot prize for BOTH Smash 4 and Melee crews.

Is your crew the best? Are you? The Kennis Six Championship Series begins!

DATE AND LOCATION:
Date: April 22, 2017
Location: Winthrop University, DiGorgio Campus Center--2020 Alumni Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA

HOTEL:
The Inn At Winthrop is a hotel & lodge right on the campus of Winthrop University... not too far from the venue location! Only $89 a night. Please let us know at least a week in advance if you will be using these facilities so we may confirm your reservations!

https://www.winthrop.edu/inn/

EVENTS:
- Smash 4 Singles
- Smash 4 Doubles
- Smash 4 Crews
- Melee Singles
- Melee Doubles
- Melee Crews

- Online payment and pre-registration is mandatory. Emergency late registration will be penalized by and additional fee. Seeding will not be prioritized for late registrees.
- Payment done via https://smash.gg/tournament/donut-dub-4
- Pre-registration closes April 20th, 2017

PRICES:
Pre-Registration: $10
Late/At Door Registration: $15
Smash 4 and Melee Singles: $10
Smash 4 and Melee Doubles: $6 ($3 per person)
Smash 4 and Melee Crews $1

POT DISTRIBUTION:
Smash 4 and Melee Singles:
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 12%
4th - 7%
5th - 2%
5th - 2%
7th - 1%
7th - 1%

Smash 4 and Melee Doubles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Smash 4 and Melee Crews:
$100 winner-take-all

SCHEDULE:
TBD

STREAM:
TBD
TBD

Follow The Kennis Six on Facebook and mark yourself as "going" or "interested" the Donut Dub 4 Facebook event page (linked above) for updates regarding the event and the rest of the Kennis Six Championship Series!​

kfdz277

Smash Rookie
NNID
kfdz277

Smash.gg
Smashboards
Facebook Link

Welcome to Donut Dub 4, the first entry in the Kennis Six Championship Series and the finale to our signature Donut Dub series from 2016!

Featuring Smash 4 and Melee, Donut Dub returns as the ultimate Kennis Six event, with our crew battle bracket... Championship Edition! We're throwing a $100 winner-take-all pot prize for BOTH Smash 4 and Melee crews.

Is your crew the best? Are you? The Kennis Six Championship Series begins!

DATE AND LOCATION:
Date: April 22, 2017
Location: Winthrop University, DiGorgio Campus Center--2020 Alumni Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA

HOTEL:
The Inn At Winthrop is a hotel & lodge right on the campus of Winthrop University... not too far from the venue location! Only $89 a night. Please let us know at least a week in advance if you will be using these facilities so we may confirm your reservations!

https://www.winthrop.edu/inn/

EVENTS:
- Smash 4 Singles
- Smash 4 Doubles
- Smash 4 Crews
- Melee Singles
- Melee Doubles
- Melee Crews

- Online payment and pre-registration is mandatory. Emergency late registration will be penalized by and additional fee. Seeding will not be prioritized for late registrees.
- Payment done via https://smash.gg/tournament/donut-dub-4
- Pre-registration closes April 20th, 2017

PRICES:
Pre-Registration: $10
Late/At Door Registration: $15
Smash 4 and Melee Singles: $10
Smash 4 and Melee Doubles: $6 ($3 per person)
Smash 4 and Melee Crews $1

POT DISTRIBUTION:
Smash 4 and Melee Singles:
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 12%
4th - 7%
5th - 2%
5th - 2%
7th - 1%
7th - 1%

Smash 4 and Melee Doubles:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Smash 4 and Melee Crews:
$100 winner-take-all

SCHEDULE:
TBD

STREAM:
TBD
TBD

Follow The Kennis Six on Facebook and mark yourself as "going" or "interested" the Donut Dub 4 Facebook event page (linked above) for updates regarding the event and the rest of the Kennis Six Championship Series!​
why would you put this here? its a 9+ hour drive.

/\/\ello

Smash Rookie
Hello all! I'm new to the competitive smash scene, as well as these forums. I'll be at Flippers this Saturday (07/22/17) to participate in their weekly smash tournament. For more info, visit http://www.flippers360.com/fl/index.php/gaming

[edit] I got my azz whooped!

Tag: Mello
Main (SSB4): King Dedede
City: Sunrise

Last edited:

Chocobo

Smash Rookie
Hi!

I'm not from Florida. I'm actually from Brazil! BUT I'll go to Florida/Fort Lauderdale in January 2020 (yeah I know its pretty far but...) for a student exchange program. So, is there any Smash scene near there?

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
Since I don’t have Facebook, Crucible is my tag. Real name is Tim. Fairly competitive smash player in Cutler Bay but willing to travel for good competition, local tourneys, etc. DM me!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Just reactivated my account after ~10 years with Ultimate's release. Not on Facebook either, but looking to connect with locals in the Orlando and surrounding areas.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Just reactivated my account after ~10 years with Ultimate's release. Not on Facebook either, but looking to connect with locals in the Orlando and surrounding areas.
Yo bro, I'm in Orlando (longwood/altamonte area), and am always looking for peeps to do friendlies with. Or even peeps to carpool with too far off events. Once spring comes around I'll be hitting CFL back up again for them weeklies. message me man

Last edited:

MagnusZerock

Smash Rookie
So is this thread dead? I'm new in Florida and looking for the smash scene in Broward. Down to play some friendlies and train for tournaments.
Main: PPlant
Tag: MagnusZerock

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Man this entire thing is dead...
In case anybody manages to find their way here we mainly use Facebook to organize events
Here
At least for Ultimate... I don't know what the Melee page is

Top Bottom