• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Dakota Tourney/meet-up thread

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
anybody play melee in sioux falls?ill be going up there for the weekend of the 25.ill prob. be able to hit up some games that saturday.

Delgato

Smash Rookie
there are some melee players in sioux falls, but they're spread all over right now. I'm not sure if many will be in the city at that time

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Umm I only want to play Melee players, Brawl is weak and doesnt require skill..... So what SD Melee players are left?

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
Anyone playing Brawl in the Black Hills area? I'm here over winter break and would really like to get some offline games in. I'm in Rapid, btw.

Azuzu

Smash Cadet
I just moved to vermillion (near sioux city), and need some people to play against! Could use the practice and ... there's nothing else to do...

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but me and FrozenFire13 go to Northwestern which is only like 45 min form souix falls. So we could prolly come up on the weekennds or whenever you guys are throwin down.

Delgato

Smash Rookie
Game-play is back on at Augustana College in Sioux Falls. If you are looking for some fun, we'll be playing Brawl, and possibly some N64, this Saturday (21st) at 4. We have a semi-large casual group of players, as well as a number of competitive players. The meet-ups usually last for2 hours, but if there is competitive game-play going on, those players usually stick around for longer.
If you need any information, just send me a message.

Echo

Smash Champion
Hey I'm going to be in Sioux Falls this weekend... but I'd really only be interested in Melee... :[ So if there could be some of that I'll try to show up.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Is SD still active?

I JUST moved here about 2 weeks ago, lookin for Melee/Brawl players to play with some weekend/maybe even host a tourney

Anyone in/near Rapid City??

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
I'm here too, but I'm in Brookings. Would be awesome if I could get some games in with people here at SDSU.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I know you've all been having the urge to finally go to a MN tourney, and now's your chance!

April 2nd-3rd Combo Breaker will be taking place up in the Twin Cities. If you've ever been to a Raging Storm Tourney, it's a very similar feel: smash plus tons of other games.

If you're interested here's the thread link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297898
Also there is an official page up with great information already on it: http://gngchampionships.com/

If that's not enough, there's already a $100 pot bonus for both Melee and Brawl singles.

I don't even know the SD smashers at all, only a few of the old ones like Shrinkray. You guys should try and get a carpool going to this. Minnesota is always looking to keep the surrounding states active.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Also, is there anyone on the WESTERN portion of the state? something close than 6-7hrs? At that distance, its easier to go to Omaha, they have a pretty active scene

Top Bottom