• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sour Hit of Dash Attack set ups

MGK

Smash Apprentice
This will be a thread dedicated to get set ups into sour hit of dash attacks with the recent 1.1.5 buff. Anything you find, I'll update in here and we can even discuss follow ups from it and how effective it is against certain type of characters. (Fast Fallers, heavies etc)

Set Ups

First will be flame choke missed tech to roll away. This one is pretty straight forward and easy to pull off, I will make sections on when to do the DA as there is different timings.

:4peach::4bayonetta:

This section "Normal" is the most lenient of timing to hit your opponent.

:4mario::4luigi::4dk::4diddy::4gaw::4sheik::4ganondorf:
:4samus::4palutena::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede:
:4falco::4pikachu::4lucario::4greninja::4rob::4ness::4falcon:
:4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::4lucina::4megaman::4sonic:
:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu::4cloud::4corrinf::4miigun:

:4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4charizard::4pacman::4miibrawl:

:4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4jigglypuff::4olimar:

:4wario::4zelda::4zss::4fox:

:4littlemac::4link::4tlink::4pit::4metaknight:
:4darkpit::4miisword:

This Section is for Aerial Flame choke roll away. This was quite hard as I did get many results with one character and tried my best to make sense of why it was happening. So If one of these are wrong, let me know and tell me what you think is the best way to get the sour spot. On the plus side, Dash Attack strong hits everyone outside these list.

:4pit::4jigglypuff::4olimar::4darkpit::4miisword:

This section was the hardest to pull off and got the most different results. (Do Down Smash instead, it will hit all of these characters)

:4bowser::4yoshi::4dk::4villager:

Any timing but instant will work.

:4link::4tlink::4metaknight:

Combos

- Flame choke > Dash Attack sour hit > Jab (30%)

This true combo works on everyone at low %. This combo is great against Fast fallers, 0 - 35 %.

Above 35%, you can frame trap them to air dodge or aerial (you should be safe if the opponent doesn't have a frame 3 aerial) Also, you can steal there jump and if you do, your close enough to Wiz Kick them.

Below 20%, they can shield the Jab, so mix up with a grab or even side B.

- Flame choke > Dash Attack sour hit > fTilt (35%)

This true combo works at 20 - 35% on Fast Fasters.

Same as the above.

- Flame Choke > Dash Attack sour hit > Nair (41%)

This true combo works best at low - mid %.

Can cover air dodges at low % and with the late hit of Nair can lead into another Dash Attack.

- Flame Choke > Dash Attack sour hit > Uair (35%)

This true combo works best at low - High % and is the safest combo to use.

- Flame Choke > Dash Attack sour hit > Fair (40%)

- This true combo works at Mid - High % and is the best killing option out of all the aerials.

True Combo %

Fast Fallers (Captain Falcon): 75 - 113%
Heavy Weight (Bowser): 78 - 112%
Mid Weight (Mario): 65 - 95%
Floaty (Lucas): 62 - 88%

- Dash Attack sour hit > Nair (29%)

- Dash Attack sour hit > Uair (23%)

- Dash Attack sour hit > Fair (28%)

True Combo % and Death

Fast Fallers (Captain Falcon): 87 - 125%
Heavy Weight (Bowser): 90 - 124%
Mid Weight (Mario): 77 - 107%
Floaty (Lucas): 74 - 100%

- Dash Attack sour hit > Bair (27%)

- Dash Attack sour hit > Grab> dThrow > Aerial (30 - 36%)

- Dash Attack sour hit > Footstool (10%)

This starts to work at around 30 - 40%

Off of a footstool, you can go for a Uair tipmen to jablock your opponent and get fSmash or Dair into an aerial.

Footstool Mix Ups

- Dash Attack sour hit > Footstool > Uair tipmen > fSmash (40%)

- Dash Attack sour hit > Footstool > Dair > Nair (48%)

- Dash Attack sour Hit > Footstool > Wizkick Spike (24%)

Mix Ups

This section will be for solid, not quite combos that work 90% of the time. Most of these work at low % and can be DI
'ed out of.

- Dash Attack sour hit > Jab > Dash Attack (28 - 34%)

- Dash Attack sour hit > Jab > Wizard Kick (30 - 34%)

- Dash Attack sour hit > Jab > Flame Choke (30 - 32%)

- Grab > dThrow > Dash Attack > Grab > dThrow > Nair / Uair (Amazing against Fast Fallers) (41 - 47%)

- Jab > Dash Attack / Dash Attack sour hit > Grab > dThrow > Nair / Uair (36 - 50%)

- Dash Attack / Dash Attack sour hit > Up Smash (31 - 38%)

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Oh sweet stuff!
Something I like to do:

The train wreck:
DA (late) -> jab -> DA
or
DA (sour) -> grab -> DThrow -> Aereal

Sadöy not guranted, but pretty close :)

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Sour DA > BAir works as well, but it's tight.

We might want to get a good list going for sour DA > footstool percents too.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Sour DA -> Jab -> WizKick has worked wonders everytime after the patch. Not sure if it's guaranteed, but it feels like it

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I don't know if it has really occurred to people just how powerful sourDA into footstool is.

This starts at like the 30-40% range and is more than enough to confirm into a fsmash kill near the ledge.

Like, process that. We have a 30% kill confirm off dash attack. It's just really tricky to execute.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Not sure but I think nair true combo kills sooner than fair. Like fair is more powerful but it won't true combo where nair will, I can't test too well though.

Also I'm gonna look into these new footstool combos...

Thanks mgk

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Not sure but I think nair true combo kills sooner than fair. Like fair is more powerful but it won't true combo where nair will, I can't test too well though.

Also I'm gonna look into these new footstool combos...

Thanks mgk
What I noticed with Nair is that it only combos at low - mid %. At higher %, I tried to double jump Nair but it's too slow and never true combos but with Fair, you can full hop it and Fair hits above Ganondorf so it connects a lot more consistent. Thanks Opana and I will look into more and see where it's strength is. (Probably amazing against Fast Fallers).

Much appreciated Opana and can't wait to see the results.

jacksonTown

Smash Rookie
I don't know if it has really occurred to people just how powerful sourDA into footstool is.

This starts at like the 30-40% range and is more than enough to confirm into a fsmash kill near the ledge.

Like, process that. We have a 30% kill confirm off dash attack. It's just really tricky to execute.
Would you need to do a Uair-tipman jab reset before landing the F-smash or go DA(sour) -> Footstool -> fsmash?

LayDownAndRot

Smash Rookie
Was about to make a thread for my video but this works better. I've also landed this on a charizard and falcon.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643

Also footstool > wizkick is true on most characters, so by the ledge so it can combo into death by wizkick spike

Top Bottom