• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soul Calibur Players?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering how many in the Atlantic South played Soul Calibur? Specifically, Soul Calibur IV.

PSN name: Thedarkmoogle (it's a long story how this name came up...)
Mains: Voldo, Siegfried
Secondaries: Sophitia, Tira

황미영

Smash Champion
Awwwww man... D;

I have it for the 360...

My gamertag is Kishiru325

Mains: Nightmare, Mitsurugi, and that lady with the hidden blade. (I forgot her name already! FFFFFFFU-)

But I usually use my custom characters, 'cause it's fun. xD

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I've already, in my 4 days of having the game, created 30 custom characters. I made custom Ike using Siegfried. He's such a beast.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I play on 360, I tend to make costumes for existing characters rather than make a new character.
Mains: Sophitia, Hilde, Cassandra

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I have all of my SC IV data on the ps3 ;D You're in luck

Screen Name: VigilanteKola
Main: Amy
Secondary: Mitsurugi

I also use the style with the female spear user, but not alot.

lol my Amy user looks like it could pass for a womanly version of Marth, and it wasn't intended lawl

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I heard that Dogy knows a thing or two about this game.
I know some things about 4. I play it from time to time with one of my friends in town, but that's about it.

I main this stupid chick right here.

And this easy-mac ho.

___

Aside from doing stupid *** talim **** and mindlessly playing cass, I don't really care much for the game though. Too much wack stuff in 4.

-Wack hit detection (I mean, I'm known for f***ing ducking BBs and stepping step killers, grabs specifically)

-Patch not only changed the meta, but completely jacked frame data around.

____

2 is the best by far, not only for it's fairly balanced, but because the game functions very **** well as a whole.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Why the hate on 4? 2 WAS really good, but 3+4 aren't bad...

-Wack hit detection (I mean, I'm known for f***ing ducking BBs and stepping step killers, grabs specifically)

-Patch not only changed the meta, but completely jacked frame data around.
I want you to read that and think about it.

I'M KNOWN FOR DUCKING VERTICALS AND STEPPING HORIZONTALS. I'VE GOT STEPPING AA'S AND GRABS UNDER MY RESUME. Somethin's pretty wrong when a game lets you do that.

I mean, yeah, that's the norm for smash, where you have hitboxes so wonk'd up that you frequently do them backwards to get the same, if not better, results; but that doesn't make it right.

I mean, I could go with some scrub arguments and be like Hey, how the f*** did Doom Combo make it past playtesting?

But top level sc players will tell you that Hilde doom combo setups are all gimmicks. (Super gimmicks yes, but I mean if you dont want to get hit with C3B, you step towards hilde's swordside. Hell, you could WALK if you want to, it doesn't track)

_

I could continue down scrub lane and say one word.

Algol.

____

But all in all, 4 has some wack *** hit detection, dumb safe moves (Kilik's asura has TOO MUCH FRICKIN UTILITY), and all sorts of nonsense in the game that flat out makes nosense (I've managed to tech trap somebody with Talim with AS. Problem is, they rolled around me. Talim straight up did a 360 MID FLIP to track their ***.)

Beyond that, you start getting into player complaints. As biased as they tend to be, most of them tend to be pretty true.

___

I'm not going to sit here and act like I don't have fun playing 4, SC4 Talim is one of my favorite characters to play in all fighters, but that doesn't mean I like the game.

There's too much wrong with it for it to be good.

I mean, the only way it could be worse is if they patch in tripping.

Oh, and as for 3

It was all fun and games until Variable Canceling was discovered

Then the community divided and died.

Edit: Just cause I'm lookin at it, here's another VC clip that is a defensive VC

That's on that brawl status; disregarding hitstun.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
.... Three was the best because of Nightmare's voice actor.

how many ****ing times did he say "DARKNESS!" in that game I mean jesus, let me show you on the sound test sometime, it's one of the funniest things I've ever heard, as long as you know where all the quotes are like me and can keep interrupting Nightmare so he doesn't finish his sentences and just keeps uttering "DAWKNEZZ!!!"

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
lol perva.

**** that weak ****.

GET ON THE JUST FRAME TRAIN *****!
I wish I had a video of me doing my talim throw loop, but it's yet to be recorded, I think.
___

But like, even with the dead (or horribly close to dead) scenes, sc3 and 4 still have their interesting moments.

I mean, I'm not gunna act like there's somethings that don't interest me.

Like watching Dreamkiller and Link dance around each other on 3 (and link having GOOD CS/SS setups as opposed to Malek in 4 who has to just... chuck it and kinda pray due to the new buffering)

or Watchin my ***** RTD and his Cowboy Hat-Wearin Hilde in SC4. As much as I hate Hilde, it's hilarious watchin RTD DEMOLISH people. (BTW THAT THING IS THE DEVIL INCARNATED. PLAYED IT IN TOURNEY. PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST HELPLESS FEELINGS EVER AND I KNEW MORE ABOUT THE MATCHUP THAN ANYBODY ELSE THEREO THER THAN RTD)

Top Bottom