• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sotw - Laotf - Motm

SuSa

Banned via Administration

Signature of the Week
A contest designed to get you into a competitive graphics mood. An enjoyable contest where the winner gets their signature displayed in this thread for a week, then placed into the "Previous Winners Hall of Fame"!

Each week will have a different theme behind what you have to create. Be creative and stick true to the theme, and maybe you'll just win!

The vote for the first theme will begin tomorrow!

Hall of Fame

Week 1
by Artist:
Tag img here

Large Art of the Fortnight
This contest is similar to the signature of the week, but it's meant for large pieces of art! This is held once every 2 weeks (a fortnight), as to give more time to work on the LP.

The vote for the first theme will begin tomorrow!

(If lack of interest in this, it will be scrapped)

Hall of Fame

Fortnight 1
by Artist:
LP img here

Masterpiece of the Month
This is not held, but rather pieces of art in this forum will be nominated and voted for to win the prestigious Masterpiece of the Month award. It can be signature or a large piece, but it must be from this forum.

The pieces must have been made that month, unless nothing worth mentioning was made that month - then we will use previous nominations.

There is no theme, but nominations can start November 1st.

Hall of Fame

November 2009
by Artist:
Art img here

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yay, we finally have an artistic competition. Many thanks SuSa! I will enter one or more of these for sure!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Erm, Large Art of the Fortnight sounds like Art With Your Power. Even though we haven't had one in a while, Livvers and Virgilijus said they were gonna make more when they had the time. *shrug* I think there are supposed to be only signatures in the Sig Shoppe, I'm not certain though...

People have been wanting to revive SotW, though, and it doesn't look like SgtWikez is coming back...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Allow me to make you typography's banners for "SotW, LAotF, MotM and their Hall of Fames". : )

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Thank you SuSaN. :>

I'm worrying about others not liking the idea of this thread, though. The last one died out.

SuSa

Erm, Large Art of the Fortnight sounds like Art With Your Power. Even though we haven't had one in a while, Livvers and Virgilijus said they were gonna make more when they had the time. *shrug* I think there are supposed to be only signatures in the Sig Shoppe, I'm not certain though...

People have been wanting to revive SotW, though, and it doesn't look like SgtWikez is coming back...
I consider some LP's signatures. It truly depends how large, and exactly what it is.

To me, a wallpaper is just a large signature. ;)

I just took ideas from the old graphics forums I used to be around, including the one I was admin of. So *shrug* if yo don't want LAOTF I'll remove it.... I personally don't see the large issue. If it's not popular it'll die out and be removed.

Allow me to make you typography's banners for "SotW, LAotF, MotM and their Hall of Fames". : )
I'd love that, I suck with text. :s Of any eye-catching kind... lol

Thank you SuSaN. :>

I'm worrying about others not liking the idea of this thread, though. The last one died out.
Even if it's just 3-4 entrants, that's better then none. :) Not sure how we'll judge then. :s (To do what Final Chaos did, we'd need at least 8 entrants. No voting for yourself)

SuSa

Available themes:
Anime, Gaming, Abstract, Stock, BO (Brush Only), FO (Filter Only, you are allowed 1 image to start with) Themed*

Themed*
It's centered around an idea, eg:
Love, Darkness, Hope, Freedom

It can also be centered around other things:
Space, Ocean, Underground

Out of the 5 themes given, vote 1 for SOTW and 1 for Laotf.

Stock (SOTW), Abstract (LaotF)

Suggestions for more ideas will be accepted.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
These are all pretty general themes. As for "Filter only" I've never even heard of that.

I'd pick Stock only for my choice. Stocks can be anything so it'd make for an interesting contest if people really know where to get good stocks.

Top Bottom