• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Death Battle isn't my cup of tea for entertainment personally, but at least this would get people more excited about Sora possibly coming to Smash though. :p

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
thought i might have a go at a moveset for sora

combo: his usual keyblade combo
dash: buzzsaw

strong side: explosion
strong up: swings blizzard edge over head
strong down: circle raid

side smash: fires blizzaga at close range
up smash: makes firga ring overhead
down smash: casts thundaga at his sides

neutral air: aero
forward air: aerial spiral
back air: aerial spiral in reverse
down air: balloon, drops one balloon downwards
up air: aerial sweep

pummel: smacks with keyblade handle
forward throw: shoots with light from keyblade
back throw: throws behind and then shot of light
down throw: drops and then casts gravity
up throw: tornado strike

neutral special: spark, surrounds self with light crystal can be charged into stronger versions
side special: fire windmill, charges enemies with flaming keyblade
up special: sonic impact, shoots upwards in a charge
down special: shock dive, working like a slam attack

final smash: final form, basic transformation final smash where he get a boost in all moves

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
thought i might have a go at a moveset for sora

combo: his usual keyblade combo
dash: buzzsaw

strong side: explosion
strong up: swings blizzard edge over head
strong down: circle raid

side smash: fires blizzaga at close range
up smash: makes firga ring overhead
down smash: casts thundaga at his sides

neutral air: aero
forward air: aerial spiral
back air: aerial spiral in reverse
down air: balloon, drops one balloon downwards
up air: aerial sweep

pummel: smacks with keyblade handle
forward throw: shoots with light from keyblade
back throw: throws behind and then shot of light
down throw: drops and then casts gravity
up throw: tornado strike

neutral special: spark, surrounds self with light crystal can be charged into stronger versions
side special: fire windmill, charges enemies with flaming keyblade
up special: sonic impact, shoots upwards in a charge
down special: shock dive, working like a slam attack

final smash: final form, basic transformation final smash where he get a boost in all moves
Your moveset seems to revolve around Sora being a magic type attacker, I think it would be more likely that Sora would use his keyblade more. Moves like explosion and 'spark'? aren't what I associate Sora with, he wields a key blade and uses some spells. Id probably stay away from limit moves as then he becomes close to cloud whereas he should have his own gimmick, though I can see either side for that.

spell wise Id probably only use fire, blizzard, thunder and maybe gravity. Stop is to much like Bayonetta's gimmick and cure just cant be allowed. Reflect isn't what I would use for Sora to reflect a attack I would use a tech move like guard or maybe his keyblade could have a sweet spot like Marth's sword that reflects projectiles, that would be cool. Aero could be used as a wind-box attack like Jigglypuffs down smash but I would prefer keyblade attacks.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Your moveset seems to revolve around Sora being a magic type attacker, I think it would be more likely that Sora would use his keyblade more. Moves like explosion and 'spark'? aren't what I associate Sora with, he wields a key blade and uses some spells. Id probably stay away from limit moves as then he becomes close to cloud whereas he should have his own gimmick, though I can see either side for that.

spell wise Id probably only use fire, blizzard, thunder and maybe gravity. Stop is to much like Bayonetta's gimmick and cure just cant be allowed. Reflect isn't what I would use for Sora to reflect a attack I would use a tech move like guard or maybe his keyblade could have a sweet spot like Marth's sword that reflects projectiles, that would be cool. Aero could be used as a wind-box attack like Jigglypuffs down smash but I would prefer keyblade attacks.
a lot of those are attack commands not magic commands

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
a lot of those are attack commands not magic commands
you've given them some funky names haha. Also whats balloon, I haven't played all the KH games but I dont think I've ever seen a balloon attack in the ones I have played.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have huge doubts Sora will be in base game. Maybe DLC, but not base. He won't be revealed at Square Enix's press conference.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Anyway, despite his ties to Disney, I'd be glad to play as him in Smash Bros. My only concern was about this thread being some violation of the SmashBoard rules. But hey, I'm not a moderator and if Sora is within the rules, I support him. Still wish we could be free to do a thread on Goku, though. And I do have an idea of his famous three hit combo from the original Kingdom hearts being his neutral A. Or maybe make his moves similar to Marth with the side special being his three-hit combo and his down special being Guard.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
So what do you guys want to see for stages, items, assist trophies.
  • Personally Id like to see a destiny island stage where it goes from day to night and at night heartless appear or even the guy who I originally thought was the final boss Darkside and act as a stage hazard (they can be defeated). having the fight occur on the island you battle Riku with the rest of the island in the background, you can jump on the palm trees like platforms and swim in water either side of the island, water disappears when darkside appears
  • item wise I think maybe a Paopu fruit that stops one player from hurting you from a bit, basically an invisable star but only on one person the others can still hit you.
  • Assist trophy could be Riku or maybe a White Mushroom and if you do what ever pose it choses that correspond to taunts, special attacks, and smash attacks, if you succeed he heals you or gives you a good item already in your hands (like bobomb) he could even turn to a CD if they bring that back. Im not sure what Riku would do.

EXTRA: for how I want Sora to be unlocked, play as Cloud and complete adventure mode (or classic if no adventure mode) in hard difficulty without dying. Then a cutscene can occur where Sora meets Cloud and they battle.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Sora meeting Cloud? It could be interesting if Sora remembers Cloud but Cloud doesn't know Sora because the Cloud Strife Sora knew was a Disneyfied version of the Final Fantasy character while the Cloud in Smash came directly from Final Fantasy VII.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sora meeting Cloud? It could be interesting if Sora remembers Cloud but Cloud doesn't know Sora because the Cloud Strife Sora knew was a Disneyfied version of the Final Fantasy character while the Cloud in Smash came directly from Final Fantasy VII.
he wasnt really disneyfyed, he was just a miserable as he was in any other game

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Cloud is never miserable, or at least shouldn't. Cloud is a pretty chill and cool dude. KH and Advent Children ruined his character completely (nice work Nomura). He's not supposed to be this angsty dude, at least he wasn't in FF7.

However, I think Sora being unlocked by Cloud is a nice homage to their connection in Sora's game.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
he wasnt really disneyfyed, he was just a miserable as he was in any other game
Well, the Kingdom Hearts versions of the Final Fantasy characters are non-canon alternate universe versions of themselves. And when I said Disneyfied, I don't mean make happier. Not everything in the Disney universe is happy. I meant adapting him to a Disney crossover.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, the Kingdom Hearts versions of the Final Fantasy characters are non-canon alternate universe versions of themselves.
seems like a bit of an odd choices of words, disneyfyed would imply they did something to him but they didnt

And when I said Disneyfied, I don't mean make happier. Not everything in the Disney universe is happy. I meant adapting him to a Disney crossover.
im well aware of that

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, he was seen in the Olympus Coliseum multiple times as if he was a Hercules character.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Whatever we mean by Disneyfied, Sora still met a different Cloud from what's in Smash. And since Smash is non-canon to all represented series, thus Sora would also be different from the Sora we know, Sora could act like he never met Cloud before like how he didn't recognize the Castle Oblivion illusion of Cloud because of Namine playing with his memories or in Kingdom Hearts Re:coded where both Sora and Cloud were data constructs simulated from Jiminy's Journal.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So Wreck it Ralph is a summon. Maybe it’s a genie like scenario or a world is dexonfimed.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So with the KH3 Premiere Event currently underway, I learned this:

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Fami...-Kingdom-Hearts-III-Premiere-Event-news-12012

--How did the collaboration with Disney for Kingdom Hearts come about? There's a rumour(※) that it was decided in an elevator.

*It seems as though the details of this story have not spread much in the west, so it was confirmed again at this event.

Nomura: At that time, Square (now Square Enix) and Walt Disney Japan had offices in the same building. One day Hashimoto, who said hello just before, happened to be in the same elevator as someone from Disney and apparently they had a conversation about how it'd be nice to be able to work on something together sometime. That led to Hashimoto and Mr Sakaguchi (Hironobu Sakaguchi, currently at Mistwalker) talking with Disney about doing something together. I happened to be there at the time, and put my hand up. That's how it started.

--How did you come up with the idea of travelling to many Disney worlds?

Nomura: When the time came to collaborate with Disney for real, I had to come here (i.e. Los Angeles) many times for meetings about what kind of game we would make. They made all sorts of proposals, but I am greedy, and I didn't want to be limited to one world setting - I wanted to be able to make something that shared many world settings. So, I suggested the idea of travelling to many worlds.
I decided to look into where Square Enix, Bandai Namco, and Walt Disney Japan are now to see how short of a travel it would take to negotiate with Disney for Sora and found some things:

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=12662941

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/company/group.html

http://www.bandainamcostudios.com/en/company/

All three of these companies are located in the same place, Tokyo. Now I don’t know much about Japan addresses, but if Sakurai were to negotiate Sora, the trip from Bandai Namco to Square Enix to Walt Disney would not be a difficult task.

Communication for Sora I feel would not be difficult with nearby locations and Walt Disney Japan being able to communicate with the U.S. division of Disney easily.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, if communications with Disney would be easy enough for Sora, what would stop them from adding Mickey Mouse?

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
He might have said that, but what if Disney was really persuasive? And he almost put James Bond in Melee but cut him because he couldn't get every rights holder to agree.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
And by the way, if we want a Disney rep, wouldn't Wreck-It Ralph be a better candidate for Smash since his movie is all about gaming with the likes of Sonic, Ryu, Bowser and Pac-Man making cameos in his movie and his appearances in Disney crossover games like Kingdom Hearts III and Disney Infinity show a retro Nintendo styled gimmick, the fact that he made an appearance in Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed and how he seems to be a parody of Donkey Kong? Wouldn't Ralph be a better candidate for Smash than Sora? I do like Sora, but if he gets a thread for Final Fantasy ties, surely the most Nintendo-like Disney property should get a thread too?

Top Bottom