• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Came in to give my congrats... Oh wait! SORA WAS MY MOST WANTED AS WELL!!! WOOO!!! And unlike my previous most wanted Ridley, I fought against my doubts and pre-emptively bracing for disappointment! I didn't just want this, I wanted to be ALL IN!

And the moment that flame extended into the length of a Keyblade, I swear I held my breath, and the moment I could see that blade through the fire, I let out a YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! The dream happened! The door was unlocked! The light shone through!!

Congrats to everyone for sticking in there! There was soooooo much doubt and even absolute confidence that Nintendo couldn't pull this off. But I think it's because this was SO big that made Sora the perfect send-off!

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
It would've been a pretty bleak eternity for Sora to be the most popular speculation character to never get in to Smash. With that in mind, I'm glad you all got your light in the darkness. Here's to Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Well I got my most wanted character, along with Banjo and Seph, so no complaints from me. Sora was executed in a way I expected him to be by Focusing on the square side of things w/o making a big deal about the keychain. Kinda figure Nintendo didn’t really care.
Although, I am convinced the amount of square content we have been gettting is probably due to a compromise with square to use Sora. So that they weren’t necessarily left out of the deal.

Overall great character line up, I will actually be buying the final character pass.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Congratulations to you all. Well deserved. Perhaps even more so than any other character Sora seemed impossible, but he's here. I personally didn't believe he had a chance but I'm so happy to be proven wrong. Seriously y'all, congrats.

ThatRedPlumber

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations guys! Sora is the perfect final fighter for this game. I was always a bit worried that we’d see Disney characters in Smash if Sora made it in, but Sakurai handled this incredibly well! This is the best timeline.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Congrats. Sora is in but the Disney stuff is all removed like most predicted, but glad to see him make it. Nice to see a fandom vet request for nearly 20 years make it

7NATOR

Smash Master
Congrats on getting Sora

Even though I didn't get my Most wanted, Sora is still a Banger of a Choice, and one of the Coolest characters they could have added. It's surreal they managed to pull it off

I also like the Details with the Freeze Frame Finish, The Timeless Alt, Sora's General animations and such, it's all good

I do personally have gripes with how Sora is represented in the game, but that's for later. Now is the Time for Celebrations

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You know I seem to recall saying that his four main outfits would be ideal and someone else telling me it wouldn’t work. I just thought I’d mention it

JustAnotherHero

Smash Rookie
After wanting him to be in Smash since I played the original Kingdom Hearts when it was released, he's finally in. It's a great day for us. Hope you all enjoy our boy when he drops on the 18th. :] Cheers!

UserKev

Smash Champion
Sora's moveset is amazing. Ironic how Sakurai's Twitter has Sora in it.

Oddly tho, I'm not so surprised since I always.. just kinda 100% expected Sora, but I anonymously rooted for the character on certain days.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Just popped in to offer my sincerest, heartiest congratulations.

... I'll admit, I cried a little when Hikari/Simple and Clean started up. Like Cloud once said, never thought I'd see the day...

Once again, congratulations!

Lyncario

Smash Ace
So I can finaly put my though over Sora making it in here, and I must say, I was never so glad to be wrong ever since Sephiroth got revealed. Ironic how the 2 most wanted of mine that got revealed were the ones that I though as heavily unlikely. But man, I am so glad Sora is in. Thank Sakurai. Thank to the Smash team. Thanks to Nintendo. And even, thanks to Disney, just for that one time.

Misterfan2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Misterfan2000
Guys, CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOU ALL!!

Sora was one of my Top 10/20 most wanted characters (Only because of the music and his design), and now he's in!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just love that his trailer nailed what Kingdom Hearts magic is about. He literally came and unlocked Smash through the power of new friendship.

The fact his trailer was ''Hi, new friends! Wake up!" was the perfect way to go about revealing him.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
You know I seem to recall saying that his four main outfits would be ideal and someone else telling me it wouldn’t work. I just thought I’d mention it
I remember a leak that covered that too. Not that it matters anymore!!!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's too beautiful, I CAN'T!!!

Top Bottom