• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sora Unlocks the Door! The Sora Social Thread

Sora's chances of getting in?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

KH: The Story So Far release today in Europe.

I am really loving the franchise.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
You know part of me has been hoping that sora would be announced whenever a new kingdom hearts game for switch would be announced... However that idea doesn’t seem possible since they’re working on kh3 dlc atm plus there’s the popular ff7 remake, so don’t see a new kh game being announced this year as likely. I do think a switch kh game will happen since the kh team loves new technology in consoles.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
You know part of me has been hoping that sora would be announced whenever a new kingdom hearts game for switch would be announced... However that idea doesn’t seem possible since they’re working on kh3 dlc atm plus there’s the popular ff7 remake, so don’t see a new kh game being announced this year as likely. I do think a switch kh game will happen since the kh team loves new technology in consoles.
Do keep in mind that 3rd party announcements for smash bros. have rarely, coincided with the realease of a game made for the console.
Also, this is SE. They'll probably announce it this E3 if they began developing it yesterday. It's kind of what they do.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Do keep in mind that 3rd party announcements for smash bros. have rarely, coincided with the realease of a game made for the console.
Also, this is SE. They'll probably announce it this E3 if they began developing it yesterday. It's kind of what they do.
That doesn't mean that it can't happen. I also already acknowledged that it wasn't likely. But I mean if Sora is one of the DLC characters and a Kingdom Hearts Switch is in the planning phase during this year why not go for it to try to hype people up for both? If SE wants to announce KH for switch at E3 why not let Nintendo announce Sora for Smash at or around the same time?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
That doesn't mean that it can't happen. I also already acknowledged that it wasn't likely. But I mean if Sora is one of the DLC characters and a Kingdom Hearts Switch is in the planning phase during this year why not go for it to try to hype people up for both? If SE wants to announce KH for switch at E3 why not let Nintendo announce Sora for Smash at or around the same time?
Nintendo will reveal what they want regardless of their partners schedule. If SE decides they want to show a trailer during the Sora reveal, then that'll be great, but it's not something we should even think to expect.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Nintendo will reveal what they want regardless of their partners schedule. If SE decides they want to show a trailer during the Sora reveal, then that'll be great, but it's not something we should even think to expect.
okay, but what is wrong about even thinking that? Don't get me wrong I agree with you and don't see it as likely (said that from the start) but... why are you coming at me saying its wrong to even have a small part of me that hopes to see something like this happen?

Last edited:

LH LH

Smash Cadet
I’ll support sora. He could have a very unique moveset in comparison to other characters that use swords/blades with stuff like flow motion and sonic blade. What music would you all like him to bring along if he did join?

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I’ll support sora. He could have a very unique moveset in comparison to other characters that use swords/blades with stuff like flow motion and sonic blade. What music would you all like him to bring along if he did join?
I'd like them to add the new Oscurita di Xehanort track from KH3 since that track is bad ass and would be a sick battle track here's a link to it if you want to listen to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeyfHmDunS4&list=PL_VzuINFCmQXHLek5uOKHptEP-F01Yl7F&index=24 .
As well as adding other fan favorites like 13th Struggle, Rage Awakened, Roxas's theme, Sora's theme, Ven's theme, Vanitas's theme, Hollow Bastion's theme, Destati, Aqua's theme, and Tension Rising. just to name a small list honestly though KH has so many more tracks they could use including things from this list or otherwise.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Heyo just stopping by this drop what might be interesting.

Here's to still hoping you guys get your favorite keyblade wielder. Keep on that support!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm a little late to the party, but thanks to the generosity of a close friend I'm finally getting to play through KH3.

I've played up through the Caribbean. Haven't touched San Fransokyo yet. But dang, Toy Box and the Caribbean were absolute delights to experience. Monstropolis is underrated. Kingdom of Corona was nice too. Arendelle wasn't terrible, but I still would've liked to have Wreck-It Ralph as a world instead. Oh well.

Fantastic game thus far.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
okay, but what is wrong about even thinking that? Don't get me wrong I agree with you and don't see it as likely (said that from the start) but... why are you coming at me saying its wrong to even have a small part of me that hopes to see something like this happen?
I'm not saying you're wrong for hoping for it, I'm just saying it's not very likely to happen. Heck, I even stated that it COULD happen because Square Enix has a tendency to reveal games really early, so it's not like I'm even putting you down for hoping for it. All in all, I'm just saying to keep your expectations in check.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I'm not saying you're wrong for hoping for it, I'm just saying it's not very likely to happen. Heck, I even stated that it COULD happen because Square Enix has a tendency to reveal games really early, so it's not like I'm even putting you down for hoping for it. All in all, I'm just saying to keep your expectations in check.
OK i hear what you're saying but... i disagree with the idea of keeping my expectations in check...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So after finishing KH3, I can officially say I have an idea of how I want Sora to play.

Sora should have fantastic aerial mobility and combo potential, and after dealing so much damage in a single combo, he should be able to activate a situation command to go into Second Form.

Second Form changes his keyblade attacks, gives him a buff, gives him a higher jump, and also grants him access to different specials. Strike Raid (Neutral), Sonic Blade (Side), Stun Impact (Down) , and Ars Arcanum (Up). However, he can only use one of them before deactivating Second Form.

Of course, he can also cast Thundaga with down special, and Firaga with his side special. Using these enough times will still give him stale move negation, but casting enough times will result in the option for a Grand Magic version of the spell. Sora will also need to watch his MP gauge next to his portrait.

Perfect shielding will allow Sora to counter with a Counter Strike reprisal, dealing good damage and small knockback.

Sora's neutral special is Shot Lock, and Sora can only use this if he has enough Focus Gauge. Pressing and holding the button will allow you to navigate a cursor to the opponents you want to attack, though you remain still and open to attack. Upon releasing the button, or hitting max charge, Sora will unleash a number of projectiles at all enemies targetted, using the King of Hearts ability, or Ragnorok one if fully charged. Sora will regain focus by dealing damage.

Lastly, Sora's Final Smash, Pirate Ship, summons a massive Pirate Ship attraction flow that takes up lots of space and deals massive damage and lots of knockback during each hit. The attack does two normal swings (forward once, then back, then repeat once more) before ending with the finisher attack, spinning multiple times rapidly. Occassionally, Sora might even say "I'll bet Jack would love this!" as a sly little Disney reference.

Sora's normal attacks are based on his keyblade combos from Kingdom Hearts II and III.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
So after finishing KH3, I can officially say I have an idea of how I want Sora to play.

Sora should have fantastic aerial mobility and combo potential, and after dealing so much damage in a single combo, he should be able to activate a situation command to go into Second Form.

Second Form changes his keyblade attacks, gives him a buff, gives him a higher jump, and also grants him access to different specials. Strike Raid (Neutral), Sonic Blade (Side), Stun Impact (Down) , and Ars Arcanum (Up). However, he can only use one of them before deactivating Second Form.

Of course, he can also cast Thundaga with down special, and Firaga with his side special. Using these enough times will still give him stale move negation, but casting enough times will result in the option for a Grand Magic version of the spell. Sora will also need to watch his MP gauge next to his portrait.

Perfect shielding will allow Sora to counter with a Counter Strike reprisal, dealing good damage and small knockback.

Sora's neutral special is Shot Lock, and Sora can only use this if he has enough Focus Gauge. Pressing and holding the button will allow you to navigate a cursor to the opponents you want to attack, though you remain still and open to attack. Upon releasing the button, or hitting max charge, Sora will unleash a number of projectiles at all enemies targetted, using the King of Hearts ability, or Ragnorok one if fully charged. Sora will regain focus by dealing damage.

Lastly, Sora's Final Smash, Pirate Ship, summons a massive Pirate Ship attraction flow that takes up lots of space and deals massive damage and lots of knockback during each hit. The attack does two normal swings (forward once, then back, then repeat once more) before ending with the finisher attack, spinning multiple times rapidly. Occassionally, Sora might even say "I'll bet Jack would love this!" as a sly little Disney reference.

Sora's normal attacks are based on his keyblade combos from Kingdom Hearts II and III.

Honestly a version of Sora with this kit would be massively overpowered and this coming from someone who is already fully aware that if sora was added into the game he would be pretty strong some of this kit might be a but much. As for his FSmash I feel they'd probably just have him summon Riku and do their unison giant Keyblade summon attack as his final smash, that or have him use final form with a chance to get anti/rage form instead like in KH2, or finally have him summon the dream eaters and basically have a screen wype FSmash. Knowing that Sakurai is a fan of the series himself I'd say that he'd probably want to pick little bits and pieces from the all three numbered KH games though as his kit though. I can see him picking one magic attack variation from KH1, KH2, and KH3 respectively being Fira from KH1, Blizzaga from KH2, and Thundaza along with their grand magic variations from KH3 for fully charged version of said magics. and I can see his basic attack combos probably being based off of mostly KH2 along wth finishers being from KH1 and KH3. If they do give Sora drive forms I feel like they'd probably choose two from KH2 FM that being limit form to change his magic attacks to his specials in KH1 while the others being valor for ground combos, and wisdom for air combos and faster magic casting, while for KH3 they could take speed form for high dps attacking as well as guard form for higher knock back resistance and high knock back output. Granted I doubt they'd even use the drive forms outside of again Final Form and or Anti Form specifically because it would require too much time and effort that and all the drives alone could pretty much be their own full kits themselves. things I do 100% see being added into sora's kit is flowmotion for his dashing superglide, double jump, and high jump for his recovery as well as reflect magic as his guard from KH2 cause that just works too perfectly in my opinion.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Honestly a version of Sora with this kit would be massively overpowered and this coming from someone who is already fully aware that if sora was added into the game he would be pretty strong some of this kit might be a but much. As for his FSmash I feel they'd probably just have him summon Riku and do their unison giant Keyblade summon attack as his final smash, that or have him use final form with a chance to get anti/rage form instead like in KH2, or finally have him summon the dream eaters and basically have a screen wype FSmash. Knowing that Sakurai is a fan of the series himself I'd say that he'd probably want to pick little bits and pieces from the all three numbered KH games though as his kit though. I can see him picking one magic attack variation from KH1, KH2, and KH3 respectively being Fira from KH1, Blizzaga from KH2, and Thundaza along with their grand magic variations from KH3 for fully charged version of said magics. and I can see his basic attack combos probably being based off of mostly KH2 along wth finishers being from KH1 and KH3. If they do give Sora drive forms I feel like they'd probably choose two from KH2 FM that being limit form to change his magic attacks to his specials in KH1 while the others being valor for ground combos, and wisdom for air combos and faster magic casting, while for KH3 they could take speed form for high dps attacking as well as guard form for higher knock back resistance and high knock back output. Granted I doubt they'd even use the drive forms outside of again Final Form and or Anti Form specifically because it would require too much time and effort that and all the drives alone could pretty much be their own full kits themselves. things I do 100% see being added into sora's kit is flowmotion for his dashing superglide, double jump, and high jump for his recovery as well as reflect magic as his guard from KH2 cause that just works too perfectly in my opinion.
You're not paying attention if you really think that what I've put together is overpowered. Sora's specials require resource management like Robins, in addition to him being incredibly light. Sora's biggest weakness is that he'd be easy to send flying, making him a glass cannon with flashy combos (just like in his own games.)

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
You're not paying attention if you really think that what I've put together is overpowered. Sora's specials require resource management like Robins, in addition to him being incredibly light. Sora's biggest weakness is that he'd be easy to send flying, making him a glass cannon with flashy combos (just like in his own games.)
I saw that and I can guarantee you it would still be strong as **** lol I'm coming from the perspective that he'd be DLC which means they would make his "negatives" barely a factor so that people actually play him longer than a week past his launch. Tell me what brand new character new to Smash who has been DLC so far not been strong as **** on launch, or even way after everyone has gotten used to them? Cause to my knowledge every single one of said new characters has been strong as hell from launch and onwards. Mainly due to the fact that again they want people to actually use said characters when they come out and like them. Also every character in the game that has a micro management thing like what you suggest currently in the game are all still for the most part pretty strong characters. As for Sora being easy to send flying that wouldn't even make sense from just a character perspective cause he's not a small light character. if anything his knock back range would be closer to that of say a medium weight character like Mario. Sora is not a ****** his model at a slouch like he normally fights would most likely be about as tall as Mario's model size in the game so him having a knockback weight less then a character of that size would be kind of inconsistent. There's also the fact that wouldn't even make sense from just a character representation front since Sora doesn't typically get sent flying in the KH games unless he's hit by a strong heavy attack, and he kinda just stumbles back a bit for any other form of attack. Sora isn't Kirby or Puff sure he has high air mobility but that doesn't mean he can only be or even would be light weight. I mean take Dedede as a proof that just cause a character has above average air mobility that it doesn't automatically mean they have to be a light weight character.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Even if Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn't get ported to the Switch, I fancy we'll see future titles get made for the Switch--be they exclusive or shared. Aside from the convoluted plot, I've heard KH3 is extremely easy, even on the highest difficulty. That said, to be completely honest, I won't be too upset if it doesn't get ported to the Switch.

As of now, mine favourite Kingdom Hearts game would have to be 358/2 days. I heard they originally planned to remake the game, but in the end decided to just redo the cutscnes. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing an HD remake for the Switch, maybe with more playable characters for Mission Mode.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As of now, mine favourite Kingdom Hearts game would have to be 358/2 days. I heard they originally planned to remake the game, but in the end decided to just redo the cutscnes. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing an HD remake for the Switch, maybe with more playable characters for Mission Mode.
i know there are a few whod love that

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Even if Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn't get ported to the Switch, I fancy we'll see future titles get made for the Switch--be they exclusive or shared. Aside from the convoluted plot, I've heard KH3 is extremely easy, even on the highest difficulty. That said, to be completely honest, I won't be too upset if it doesn't get ported to the Switch.

I beat the game, it's extremely easy. The only remotely challenging thing is doing a Level 1 run

Hyperkirby013

Smash Rookie
This is honestly just the build I usually run in KH. I go full glass cannon by picking the sword and dropping the shield, I know that is probably like the least optimal loadout but goddamn is it fun

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
This is honestly just the build I usually run in KH. I go full glass cannon by picking the sword and dropping the shield, I know that is probably like the least optimal loadout but goddamn is it fun
I mean you get a higher defense stat and you get things like second chance and once more quicker when you pick the shield but by the half way mark/ end of the games it doesn't matter what you picked since you'll be strong as **** regardless especially if you hoard all the boosters you get to use for Sora.This coming from someone who has done multiple runs on each class. Even with picking the sword and dropping the shield. You still end up being fairly tanky anyway so there's no harm in going "glass cannon build" as you call it. Same goes for picking the shield and getting rid of the sword instead your damage is a bit lower at the start of the game but nothing major, and again towards the half way/ end parts of the games you do pretty much the exact same damage you would if you had picked the sword over the shield. Really the main thing picking and getting rid of certain weapons is decide what types of abilities you get first at early levels, and which ones you get at later levels.

Gotta love Kotaku spreading blatant ****ing lies https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/04/18...ates-persona-5-dlc-includes-a-disability-slur

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I feel like there hasn't been enough news surrounding Sora. Outside of Nintendo getting a lot more buddy-buddy with Disney (What with them helping to fund Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and all that), we haven't seen much in terms of recent stuff we could use to support him.

Altais

Smash Champion
Watched some gameplay videos of the new critical mode, and I dare say, it looks fun. I saw some people get killed in one hit. That said, I hope the new challenge makes up for the corny plot. For someone whom plays Gunvolt in insta-death mode, this update is appealing to me.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well wreck it ralph is now on the japanese version of union x seemingly each game may be treated as its own world the fix it felix jr game is called niceland, love the bgm

Altais

Smash Champion
I really don't like the way Xehanort died in Kingdom Hearts III. In Birth by Sleep, he states his view that there is too much light in the world--and that light and dark must be balanced. He believed that darkness shouldn't be erased, but channeled. In addition to becoming all-knowing, he wanted to convince everybody that dark doesn't mean bad--which, in many ways, is true. At the end of KHIII, he contradicts all this by going on about darkness plaguing a once pure world--and that inducing a purge will give them all a new chance, with a world free of darkness. He said himself that light begets darkness, so why bother creating a new world, "pure and bright", when it's inevitably going to be shaded with darkness? I would have had him say something like, "The world began in darkness, and from that darkness came light. From the light came people, and the people had hearts. As the light in those hearts grew brighter, darkness was shunned, creating an imbalance. That imbalance gave way to a world of idleness and overindulgence. Leaving no room for creation and growth. Light shined so bright, people became oblivious of the darkness in their own hearts. I will use Kingdom Hearts to create a new world, where darkness is not shunned, but embraced. Where we can achieve a greater good, by wielding light and dark in equal shares."

I was extremely underwhelmed by the motives of the black coats whom were actually loyal to the organisation. In particular: Marluxia, Saix, Luxord, and Larxene. I was kind of expecting them all to have their own profound reasons for becoming one of the thirteen darknesses, but as it turns out, most of them, as Larxene put it, were just there for the ride. I was really hoping to learn more about their back stories, especially Saix (who carved the Sigil on his face?). Also, I didn't like how they made them into Nobodies again. Way too repetitive. Considering how insanely powerful these individual members were in previous games (especially Marluxia), it was underwhelming how easily they were defeated when actually working together. Since they knew they were going to get recompleted, naturally there wasn't much incentive for them to fight for their lives. To increase the stakes, I would have made them into Somebodies again, delved into their pasts, and given each their own personal reasons for rejoining the Organisation, other than being coerced into service. Would have made their deaths all the more heart-wrenching. I would have preferred a bittersweet ending where, despite Axel and Isa reconciling, Isa nevertheless passes--but in the afterlife gets reunited with the person he was searching for.

Riku Replica, in mine opinion, was a wasted character whom had loads of potential. In Chain of Memories, his primary goal was to develop an identity. Like Thomas Riker, he was a tortured soul whom couldn't stand the fact that he was little more than a carbon copy--and wanted nothing more than to distinguish himself from his original counterpart. In a way, he would have accomplished this by becoming half-Xehanort. Unlike the real Riku, whom developed an immunity to the darkness, Riku Replica could have developed an immunity to the light--and like Xehanort, learned to harness the darkness. I always thought it would be cool if Riku Replica forged his own Keyblade of Darkness--and despite losing to the original Riku, dies happily knowing that he accomplished his goal.

I was somewhat disappointed to see Xemnas go. I thought he had a lot of potential as an anti-hero. Since he's essentially half-Terra and half-Xehanort, I was expecting him to have conflicted feelings about serving Master Xehanort. Since he was the Nobody of two Keyblade wielders (just like Roxas), I would have liked to see him forge his own Keyblade of Nothingness. Instead of killing him off, I would have had him survive the battle, and at the end of the story becomes a Guardian of the Void. After Xehanort passes, he gains control of the Dusks and creates his own kingdom.

TL;DR: Overall, I found a lot of the ideas in the story to be very black-and-white. I hated that one line, "There is more to light than meets the eye." The same can be said about darkness, really. I always envisioned an ending in which, after being defeated, Xehanort dies a man without regrets--and despite failing in his conquest, nevertheless accomplishes his goal by making Sora and the others understand that darkness doesn't necessarily mean bad, nor does light mean good.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Even though Sora doesn't technically appear in Union χ, I think the victory theme for Sora should be the "Mission Complete" music from that game (remixed of course), as it's the only time there's really ever been a true victory fanfare in the series.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Even though Sora doesn't technically appear in Union χ, I think the victory theme for Sora should be the "Mission Complete" music from that game (remixed of course), as it's the only time there's really ever been a true victory fanfare in the series.

that would work, id always thought they should go for a part of sora's theme

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I fully support Sora ! For some reason i never posted here but beter late than never !

The recent SE leaks kinda hurt his chances but if a second wave were to happen, i'm sure he'd make it.

Altais

Smash Champion

I had this same exact idea. I meant to post this song before, but the last YouTube user I knew of whom had it posted got their account shut down.

As for Sora's own theme, I could see that working, but not if Riku or another KH character got added alongside him.

LH LH

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone. I have a question. What do you guys think on the hashimoto tweet because I have seen people still using that as proof that sora is in. I’m guessing the dude just posted it because he thought the idea was cool but deleted it just to not conjure up loads of speculation. I am guessing people using it as proof are probably just so biased towards sora that they are grasping at any straws they can get their hands near

Altais

Smash Champion
lets get sora in first then we can worry about the rest of the gang
Point taken. In the end, they can just change the victory theme later, like they did with Chrom.

Hello everyone. I have a question. What do you guys think on the hashimoto tweet because I have seen people still using that as proof that sora is in. I’m guessing the dude just posted it because he thought the idea was cool but deleted it just to not conjure up loads of speculation. I am guessing people using it as proof are probably just so biased towards sora that they are grasping at any straws they can get their hands near
Searched everywhere for a screenshot of this tweet. The below video pretty much sums it up. The word "yes" could have meant anything. That said, I personally think nothing of the tweet.

LH LH

Smash Cadet
Point taken. In the end, they can just change the victory theme later, like they did with Chrom.

Searched everywhere for a screenshot of this tweet. The below video pretty much sums it up. The word "yes" could have meant anything. That said, I personally think nothing of the tweet.

I think it means zilch as well. I guess some people really like to grasp at straws

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I agree that there could've been plenty of reasons as to why he would have deleted his "yes!" tweet, so I make it a point to not use it in arguments as much as possible. However, the fact that it happened does give me a lot of hope for his chances.
--
Okay so, originally I was going to explain why I thought the "yes!" tweet shouldn't be used as proof, but then I saw the tweet Hashimoto was responding to, which was "Please, Mr. Hashimoto? #Sora4smash" and then I became unsure as to how it couldn't be used as a strong argument for his chances. Sooooooo... At the very least I don't think that this is an argument that grasps at straws. But we'll know soon enough.

LH LH

Smash Cadet
I agree that there could've been plenty of reasons as to why he would have deleted his "yes!" tweet, so I make it a point to not use it in arguments as much as possible. However, the fact that it happened does give me a lot of hope for his chances.
--
Okay so, originally I was going to explain why I thought the "yes!" tweet shouldn't be used as proof, but then I saw the tweet Hashimoto was responding to, which was "Please, Mr. Hashimoto? #Sora4smash" and then I became unsure as to how it couldn't be used as a strong argument for his chances. Sooooooo... At the very least I don't think that this is an argument that grasps at straws. But we'll know soon enough.
True. I just find it hard to believe mr hashimoto would blatantly say it for no reason. He couldn’t have thought it was a real splash screen as he would have been aware of when sora was going to be announced. And he had no reason to go and confirm sora so I think it’s probably just him thinking sora in smash is cool but didn’t want to get flooded with tweets

Top Bottom