• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sopo Techchasing

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Not enough time is dedicated to this. My Falcon's techchases are quite good, but I really don't know how to techchase with Popo. Every ICs player knows that last-minute Popo techchases can win matches.

Falcon has 3 options to cover 3/4 of the teching options. He also can regrab techs away (and fairly often techs in place) just by regrabbing on reaction.

Do we have any options that cover multiple options? Can the ICs regrab fastfaller techrolls on reaction? I've heard about Bthrow falcon techchase, but I don't know anything about it other than Bthrow Dsmash. What can we do about a character like Link?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
well they have a really fast wd they should be able to grab anyone the need from a tech. I don't know maybe wd fair could be useful it's a spike like falcon's dair.

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
Yup. By WDing only. If you wanna do the fair you'll probably fail unless your opponent techs in place and you react pretty fast.
The Bthrow Dsmash is mostly for fastfallers, so a Link could easily jump before hitting the ground. Link's not a floaty character, but he still can react to most of Climbers throws.
So you could ruin him by Fthrowing, Bthrowing or Dthrowing and catching him with Nana and she would do whatever she wants. That may ruin your opponent's DI and/or tech, then just follow him.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Sopo dthrow only works to about 40 on Link.

Falcon is too hard.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I don't.

My Sopo game is where I need the most work, but it is what IC mains spend the least time talking about.

All I do is frolic around knowing im going to die.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
LOL that is so unhelpful and makes so little sense haha

KirbyKaze you must come to my tournament aka POE3.

People are requesting Canadians to come. Then it could be a national AND international tournament because we have all regions of the US represented.

=]

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I'm actually really bad at tech-chasing. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Popo could tech-chase fastfallers on reaction in a methodical, Tope-esque manner. You might be able to dthrow or bthrow, foxtrot/dash to where the fastfaller lands, and then do something like dash backwards -> grab if Fox tech rolls into you, wavedash after him and grab if he tech rolls away, grab if he techs in place, or dsmash/jab if he doesn't tech. I'm not confident enough in my tech-chasing to do things like this, so I usually go for other sorts of combos instead.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Best formula for tech-chasing in my opinion is dashing to their landing spot then bringing up your shield. You can WD the distance of a roll from your shield regardless of direction, and bringing up the shield encourages them to roll away from or behind you.

B-throw to the edge (but not off it) is the best because it means rolling towards the edge is just like teching in place, and people have a tendency to roll inwards so if you haven't felt out their habits, you can just use that as a rule of thumb. If they stay at the edge, then that's fine because you get control of center-stage.

My reflexes kinda suck, I usually just guess, and if I get a few grabs in a row I break it off with a d-smash (preferably at the stage edge) to quit while I'm ahead and get a new positional advantage.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Dang why did I not think about that dash>shield

Good stuff, I'm glad you are back.

Stay more plz?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
LOL that is so unhelpful and makes so little sense haha

KirbyKaze you must come to my tournament aka POE3.

People are requesting Canadians to come. Then it could be a national AND international tournament because we have all regions of the US represented.

=]
I want to go but it's soooooooooooooooooooooo farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So I most certainly cannot go

Fluffy G

Smash Rookie
I think iceys wavedash is long/fast enough that even if you go the wrong way you can still change directions and catch them in another grab. also if they are predictable then tech chasing them into an uptilt is sexyy as ****kkk

Top Bottom