• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U sooo... i "completed" the game

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
Just finished the challenges screen, used my last hammer on collect all custom moves

i still need like 20 more to 100% complete the game

anybody know a better way to farm them than the crazy orders homerun bat shenanigans?

i constantly do over 70 and did 105 once and well... i still have 20 moves left to unlock... many times i win only like 1 move in a 70+ stages crazy order, its frustrating

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Just finished the challenges screen, used my last hammer on collect all custom moves

anybody know a better way to farm them than the crazy orders homerun bat shenanigans?

i constantly do over 70 and did 105 once and well... i still have 20 moves left to unlock... many times i win only like 1 move in a 70+ stages crazy order, its frustrating
If you have amiibo, you can have them fight each other (set to 99 stocks, 0.5 launch rate, either all items turned off or just healing items turned on to prolong the match), then just watch Netflix and reap the rewards after the match. This is ideal if you have at least eight amiibo, but you can still get rewards for zero effort even with two.

(A word of warning: If you do this, DO NOT turn on the Special Flag item--the amiibo will train themselves to replenish their stocks endlessly and the match will never end--and you won't get your rewards.)

Also, if it's custom moves for a particular character you're after, try All-Star on hard mode. If you're scrubtastic like me, you'll probably get your ass handed to you, but you can still grab customs (plus trophies) between rounds, and unlike Classic, you keep everything you obtain even after failure. (You can play on normal mode if you're more comfortable with that.) And All-Star tends to prioritize customs for the character you're using.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Target Blast works as a custom special grinding place, especially late in the grinding game. Basically, you do the following...
  1. Choose a character whom you're trying to get his/her custom specials.
  2. Play a single Target Blast session.
  3. Switch to a different character, and play Target Blast with him/her.
  4. Now, whenever you destroy a target with a wrench icon present, you'll have higher odds of getting equipment or custom specials for the last character you've used to play Target Blast.
Keep note, however, that you might still pick up duplicates or even custom specials that are for completely different characters.

Anyway, collecting all of the special moves is not so much hard as it is time consuming, so it's one of those challenges where you're better off NOT using any of your Golden Hammers on.

Daybreak502

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EricAJ
I

i was in the same situation you were a few months ago I completed the board and just needed a few more customs. It took awhile but when your looking for charcacter specific customs trophy rush and All Star on hard are he best ways

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Target Blast works as a custom special grinding place, especially late in the grinding game. Basically, you do the following...
  1. Choose a character whom you're trying to get his/her custom specials.
  2. Play a single Target Blast session.
  3. Switch to a different character, and play Target Blast with him/her.
  4. Now, whenever you destroy a target with a wrench icon present, you'll have higher odds of getting equipment or custom specials for the last character you've used to play Target Blast.
Keep note, however, that you might still pick up duplicates or even custom specials that are for completely different characters.

Anyway, collecting all of the special moves is not so much hard as it is time consuming, so it's one of those challenges where you're better off NOT using any of your Golden Hammers on.
This works SO well. A great character and stage combination for farming is Ganondorf on stage 2. It's SIMPLE to get a Perfect on.

Bomb 1:
  1. Turn to face away from the bomb
  2. Reverse Warlock Punch.
This will score 370,860, and get all but one red target.

Bomb 2 (trickier, but small margin of error):
  1. FTilt bomb (13% damage)
  2. Face away from bomb
  3. Wait until spoken word "Three" is complete/near complete
  4. Reverse Warlock Punch
Depending on the time, there a small window of failure where the bomb doesn't rebound far enough before it goes off. You may also get the green targets along the top edge, but those are bonus.
Also, keep an eye on where the wrench target is. In my experience, the best ones have come from ones where the wrench target scores the most (20,200 or 18,600). Low-scoring wrench targets with this strategy may be worth skipping over (Pause, then Zr to Retry).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This works SO well. A great character and stage combination for farming is Ganondorf on stage 2. It's SIMPLE to get a Perfect on.
Target Blast Stage 1 with Little Mac also works, as you can just use Straight Lunge to send the bomb flying.

11wildy

Smash Rookie
I did All-star mode with characters I still needed moves from, the chances are higher to get a move for the character you're playing as than for other characters, so it didn't take that long. And if you die, you don't lose any customs you may have gained.

Top Bottom