• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's Spring Renewal Technique!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Sonic sure has lots of potential. I found out that Sonic can use his spring on the ground, d-air back onto the ground, short hop on the spring, double jump, spring again, while following up with an attack. It takes a while to set up, and you have to jump on the grounded spring immediately before it vanishes.

On platform stages this may be more useful, like battlefield. Use grounded spring, sonic now landed on the top platform, drop down and fast fall onto the grounded spring before it vanishes, as you get bounced off the grounded screen you can up-air, double jump, up-air again, spring, up-air again to knock them off the top. You can also use other aerials besides up-air, depends on how they DI. Just remember to aerial chase them to catch up to their DI, follow up with double jump, attack, line up into position, and spring, attack, now they should be knocked off the top.

Pro
1. Great for an aerial chase, and kills them off the top more easily.
2. Makes Sonic jump super high in the air.
3. Makes it possible for more combos.

Con
1. Takes a while to set up.

Not the most useful thing. But it does have its slight usefulness.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It's in twinkletoe's thread on non-obvious moves and stuff as "Double Spring"

it's always nice to have a spring set up near you though xD

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I had a feeling that some of you knew about this. I was describing the applications of the "double springs" uses. I never seen any thread getting into depth about this technique, and I dont see it used much online or on video. So I thought I would make a topic on it. It may all sound the same, but its more like a remix of a song we know, but the remix is better. lol.

Has anyone tried mastering this technique yet? Or has mastered it yet?

Umby

Smash Master
Not much to master, unless you want to just get fast with it. In that case, I've tried a couple of things like spindashing onto it after the dair, since placed right, the hop puts you on the spring faster than a short hop. Homing attack seems to work too if it's not locked onto the opponent.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Note how if this were any other person, he would have been flamed to hell and back.
CC you NOOB. GTFO our forums with your idiotic threads.

;O

I'll bet a bunch of people thought this was a way to do a double aerial spring or something. Oh well, like I said you guys can stop hoping for something on that front.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
CC you NOOB. GTFO our forums with your idiotic threads.

;O

I'll bet a bunch of people thought this was a way to do a double aerial spring or something. Oh well, like I said you guys can stop hoping for something on that front.
Sorry for getting your hopes up. lol. I guess I made everyone curious/excited with the title of the thread. Its the closest thing we have to it.

Teh Umby: Spin dash jump on the spring seems like a good alternative.

Sonic PUNCH! :ouch:

Top Bottom