• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's face.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I think the main reason is that characters will always face the screen now,so when he'll turn around his mouth texture will be on the other cheek for eastethic reasons . Doing the same with 3D lips would be harder I think.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
His "Nike symbol" smile is more iconic than his humanistic-centered-mouth. Imagine how awkward his concept art would look with a centered mouth; sickening.

Sonic was fairly ugly in brawl; the centered mouth contributed to most of it (as well as the spaghetti noodle quills).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I love the way they placed his smile this time. Just more Sonic-ky than before, you know? (Really reminds me of how he looks like in the recent games, anyway)

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I dont get what everyones problem is. Sonics always had the trademark side-mouth since the classic days. Adventure and 06 were the games that ****ed it up and centered it. The side-mouth fits him better, Ann Frankly looks better overall.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I dont get what everyones problem is. Sonics always had the trademark side-mouth since the classic days. Adventure and 06 were the games that ****ed it up and centered it. The side-mouth fits him better, Ann Frankly looks better overall.
Agree with all of this. :)

Side mouth is how he was to look like all along. (BTW this pic reminds me a lot of the SSB4 model of Sonic, which is why I like it so much)

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
Honestly, I'm just happy that he's in the Roster and that trademark grin of his is back!

...yeah, there's absolutely NO WAY I'm not getting this game. ^.^

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
guys the topic was a joke

he just creeped me out when I first saw render.
pls noh keel mii

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
I think he looks great =) It is known though that brawl character models are less detailed than brawl? Why was this? Why wouldnt the wiiu be able to do the crazy good textures on top of making the graphics overall better? Isnt the wiiu much stronger than the wii?

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I think he looks great =) It is known though that brawl character models are less detailed than brawl? Why was this? Why wouldnt the wiiu be able to do the crazy good textures on top of making the graphics overall better? Isnt the wiiu much stronger than the wii?
The textures in this game in comparison from Brawl's are less realistic, not less detailed, which I'm okay with, it was horrible how Mario or T.Link looked.

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
The textures in this game in comparison from Brawl's are less realistic, not less detailed, which I'm okay with, it was horrible how Mario or T.Link looked.
Ok thanks for clearing that up for me I knew it was something along those lines XP

MasterWolf144

Smash Rookie
Yes it is hideous lets forget about the fact that I absolutely hate this character and always think he is the worst video game character ever
Buzz off. Sonic is better than all the characters in this game. Plus, he would destroy them all if Sakurai would quit making him seem like he can't fight.

MasterWolf144

Smash Rookie
Why can't they just use the Sonic Lost World Model? Or is that too nice looking for you Sakurai?

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Buzz off. Sonic is better than all the characters in this game. Plus, he would destroy them all if Sakurai would quit making him seem like he can't fight.

Why can't they just use the Sonic Lost World Model? Or is that too nice looking for you Sakurai?
Sonic Team (Sonic Lost World) and Sora Ltd (Smash Bros) are different developers, and you can't just use something created by another development team. Besides, it's better that the team working on Smash create their own models so that the general art design is consistent.

MasterWolf144

Smash Rookie

Sonic Team (Sonic Lost World) and Sora Ltd (Smash Bros) are different developers, and you can't just use something created by another development team. Besides, it's better that the team working on Smash create their own models so that the general art design is consistent.
The Lost World Model would fit with the art.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
looks more badass in brawl... check out how fox and falco looked so badass in melee (i mean look at their evil im-gonna-own-you-so-bad expressions) and compare them to their "kinder" versions in brawl

Yavanna

Smash Cadet
looks more badass in brawl... check out how fox and falco looked so badass in melee (i mean look at their evil im-gonna-own-you-so-bad expressions) and compare them to their "kinder" versions in brawl
I think the exact opposite. IMO Fox and Falco looked terrible in melee. And SSB4 Sonic is way better than in brawl, he looks a lot more like classic Sonic: with shorter spines, a better color and I love his new smile.
I guess I prefer "kinder" versions to "badass". :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Which is funny, because Sonic's design back in the 90s was intended to be "badass." :applejack:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
He probably has the worst render in this game, So unpolished and it looks fan-made.

ImReallyFeelingIt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sailings
Super late, but I'm slightly disappointed this wasn't about what Sonic face looks like when he's getting hit in the game. I was looking for some good laughs but some of these posts were funny.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman

From some angles Sonic looks really awkward and messed up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom