• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic's F-smash (mini-rant)

Tenniel

Smash Rookie
Sonic's F-smash really should have been something along the lines of his F-tilt. Like a mule kick or something. It just makes more sense, Sonic is known for the speed of his legs, NOT the power of his fist. Sonic's current F-smash's range is too small, and has that little start-up lag at the beginning that's irksome.

'Twould have been much better Sonic's F-smash was his F-tilt, and his F-tilt was something else. Anybody agree with me?

/endrant

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
*shrugs* Sure, I guess. It makes more sense, but there's nothing you can do about it now.

Maybe they'll switch it up next game, but honestly, I think nothing's going to change.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
ya actually it would be freakin tight if sonic had a fast fsmash, i think it would make him so much more usable.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Just wondering, for people who have complaints about Sonic's f-smash speed:

Are you used to using fast characters?

I'm used to using Ike and Ganondorf, among others - some of the slowest attackers in the game.
Sonic's F-smash is just fine for me. And when I use it, I usually charge it a bit anyway, so that it feels more natural (speed-wise) and also a bit for the extra knockback.

Either way, if you know what it's like to play those two characters, then use the Fsmash as you would with them... I guess ._.;

Browny

Smash Hater
Hey, its better than ROB's, MK's and plenty of other good characters fsmashes. its not really that bad, it just looks bad when you compare it to the likes of other newcomes (ike, dedede, snake) of course it looks weak but its going to kill anyone it hits at 120%, just like everyone elses. and stutter stepped gives it more range than most.

something ive noticed, when you watch pro sonic players in tourneys, they get thier KO's from the fsmash more often than not with a few gimp kills. the not-so-pro players rely on ther b-air and dsmash...

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
The reason I hate the Fsmash, and I do...like THIS..., is not because of the effectiveness of it. As far as I'm concerned, it's just fine, tad short ranged, but it's pretty quick for a smash, ect. What makes me want to sh*t my lungs out is the fact that it's a freaking WIND UP PUNCH. From POPEYE. Seriously, what the hell, Sakurai? Did you mistake Sonic for a pokemon or something?

Anyway, yes. His smash should have been a kick or, barring that, another spin attack. Sort of makes sense, right? Jab with fists, tilt with kicks, smash with a pinball/meat mincer combo dealie. Bring the pain.

Sigh...

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
sonic had a couple of signature moves in the archie comics that i read back in the day (and which i still have stored in my closet collecting dust lol) that could've been used for a forward smash and or his down or side b or even the neutral B instead of all of them being some form of a ball. w/e

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
A fast flip kick where he runs up the opponent's face and comes back down extremely fast would have been nice.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
as fast as he is, his smash attacks, just have too much start up lag. he should have at least thats as fast as he is. i just dont feel i should have to stop what im doing, and completely dam up my fluidity of motion for the sake of each kill

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i heard a rumor that if you dodge before sonics fsmash it executes slightly faster.

Top Bottom