• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic vs DDD

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Need opinions on the matchup mainly because I have been hearing many state that DDD has an advantage.
I am more leaning to Sonic having the advantage since he can punish many of DDD's moves and the waddledee's are not an issue for Sonic.
not only that while DDD has a good recovery it is punishable by Sonic and because DDD is a large target, he can rack up damage quickly and also place DDD in a situation for a KO.

opinions?

Umby

Smash Master
My first opinion is, obviously, that this would be better discussed in the matchup thread.

My second opinion is that when considering matchups VS Sonic, alot of people tend to go based purely of statistics and lack of knowledge/experience. That being said, alot of people will go "lol range lol priority lol knock out Sonic fast because he's light lol Sonic can't kill since DDD is too heavy lol". Fact of the matter is, the only isses Sonic has with DDD are his tilts and his weight. Pretty much anything else DDD tries to do, Sonic can punish and maneuver around (except maybe dsmash if you were trying to roll around him). His aerials are pretty good, but it's almost certain that the only one you'll be caught by if you're chasing him is his dair.

Overall, Sonic can outmaneuver DDD and combo him to hell at close range, but what DDD tries to do, and is great at doing, is keep him self at a range by halting your ground approach.

Browny

Smash Hater
DDD, imo is sonics easiest match up. his recovery is just extremely easy to punish, theres literally nothing dedede can do to prevent him taking an fsmash on landing. whether he cancels it at the ledge or follows through, sonic can get there and have a charged fsmash ready for him. Dedede being so large can expect 28+ damage every time a spin dash hits for such a huge range of %, ASC even more ive never played dedede's who abused the CG non-stop, so i dont know what sort of impact that would have. still my personal, easiest match up.

___X___

Smash Lord
DDD is a fat disgusting penguin that pulls wadlle dees/ waddle doos out of his ******

well what im trying to say is....ummm his CG ***** sonic, unless you B-up out of it...

ummmm

use mindgames they always work :D

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic pretty much destroys. Sonic has a major advantage because it's just so easy to rack up damage, and if DDD trys to attack, its real easy to avoid, and like you said, waddle dees aren't that big of a problem for Sonic

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ive played with ppl that abuse the chaingrab, and unless teh person is frame perfect you can usually up b our of the first throw or two.

all in all, sonic wrecks D3 the same way sonic wrecks ike,

THEYRE TOO SLOOOWW!!

lol srsly tho, its quite easy to hit D3 with just about any moves that come to mind, as hes such a big target, and i think it might be hard for him to DI horrizontally, so upthrow combos work wonders on him.

Tenki

Smash Hero
to 'counter' CG, choose any level with a slope. But if you wanna know, on flat levels, just make sure you don't have alot of space behind you. He can't CG you while standing still AFAIK, so he's limited by terrain.

I just fought a Dedede and experienced the as;ldkfja that is the D-air. But it has landing lag, so that's punishable.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
^It doesn't matter too much. Juggling DDD is pretty pointless already given how heavy he is. And his easy comboability means it makes more sense to use other aerials or specials.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ah, it's not really juggling him when he gets me, it's usually when I'm grounded and he does a D-air either from the ledge or a SH.

But those are punishable positions anyway @.@

I think his U-tilt kills Sonic pretty early though, or it could have been Smashville.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I'm surprised that this thread is so one sided. It's kind of disappointing. Every character section seems to have this problem, so whatev. It's not an easy win for either character imo. I personally think it's a close match, and could possibly be 5/5. Or 6/4 in either favor.

Tenki

Smash Hero
^well, if you really wanna know...
lol range lol priority lol knock out Sonic fast because he's light lol Sonic can't kill since DDD is too heavy lol

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
It isn't that its one sided, its just that for one DDD really doesn't have much over sonic.
Sonic outspaces him and hurts his projectile game, a key part in DDD's spacing ability.
Yes DDD does have power and good range as well as priority, but his slow movement speed as well as the majority of his moves are easily punishable by Sonic.

DDD can cause issues up close but most of the time he won't be hitting Sonic since SOnic will stay out of range At which point the only thing DDD could do is use his waddledee where SOnic can very easily go past the waddledee and punish him

DDD has a great recovery and Sonic won't be gimping him very easily, but the slow movement and predictability of that recovery means Sonic can very easily punish DDD.
Not to mention that racking up damage ont he penguin isn't very difficult.

That and no one here is going to argue Luigi and MK having an advantage over Sonic.

Top Bottom