• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sonic using is spring jump twice?!

Tenki

Smash Hero
Fox was above him.

footstool jump.

Fox did FSJ on Sonic as he was going upwards on his first spring (off screen), then Sonic did a second one.

For the link inside that video's profile, where Sonic does it vs Marth, Marth did a footstool jump and started his neutral B as Sonic was going upwards from his first spring jump.

I want to see a double spring jump without anyone above Sonic. ;_;

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
What puzzled me though is how Fox went up with him. It didn't look like he got clipped before the second up-b and I doubt a foot-stool would have taken him high enough to get hit by that last uair.

Browny

Smash Hater
i could have sworn i did a double spring jump yesterday, but with no footstool. i was practicing the aerial vB charge move, i missed the CPU and i went sailing off the edge, luckily i saved the mid-air jump so i cancelled it with the spring, but im sure i springed twice, instantly. like the second spring came out mere frames after the first one, the CPU was no where near me. maybe my brain wasnt turned on fully, but its not the first time i think ive seen it happen. i dont think we an discount the double spring completely yet...

Talek

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing it was either a footstool or fox hit him while they were off screen allowing for another spring jump.

___X___

Smash Lord
its a footstool jump, watch it frame by frame. this has happend tons of times to me. i also no how to do it.

all you have to do is Up B right after you get footstooled.

Sonic the EdgEhog

Smash Rookie
You might be able to re-create a double spring without someone above you if you're ridiculous at manipulating the control stick. There's a way you can get your double jump back with certain characters by "scraping" the side of the stage as you come up from a ledgehop, right? Well maybe you can Up-B up past the ledge and scrape it as you come up, letting you Up-B again?

Obviously not practical at all, but I guess it might work.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
here it is guys: (i appologize for the video length, i have no video edit software yet, There are 2 double up-b's in this video, the 2nd one which is in the last 10 seconds of the video, is the one that proves this post's point)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxzIUpgJRxw

a 2nd up-B from above the opponent sonic takes no damage the whole video.

its clear to me now that when sonic does his up-p and gets stool hopped at the same time, then it allows sonic to up-p again after his first is completed.

and i know i probly sound like a douche in the video, but im not trying to be a jerk <3 u all. lol

___X___

Smash Lord
here it is guys: (i appologize for the video length, i have no video edit software yet, There are 2 double up-b's in this video, the 2nd one which is in the last 10 seconds of the video, is the one that proves this post's point)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxzIUpgJRxw

a 2nd up-B from above the opponent sonic takes no damage the whole video.

its clear to me now that when sonic does his up-p and gets stool hopped at the same time, then it allows sonic to up-p again after his first is completed.

and i know i probly sound like a douche in the video, but im not trying to be a jerk <3 u all. lol

..... this is what i said in my post above.... but good job proving it with a vid.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
The Double Spring Jump is a myth. Nothing more, nothing less.

You know what does exist? trying a Spring jump and falling to your death... because the spring doesn't show up.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
not really... i mean though highly situational, and unplannable in a standard match... getting stool hopped duriing the execution of up-b allows for a second up-b after the first is completed.(i know it has been said, and i proved it in a video) I mean realisticly by definition, nothing is happening to sonic that prevents his up-b from being executed, yet he still receives a second up-b.

it still is a bug, because sonic really should get stooled and his first up-b shouldnt execute, and then he should be allowed another. that would make sense. i wonder if other characters with SA, on their up-b moves can execute their up-b two times ina row if they get FSJ'd during the start of it, honestly i doubt it. So doesen't that make it atleast a recognizable aspect for sonic?

anyway, i'd like to see a vid of the spring failing to appear.

Tenki

Smash Hero
edit moved as a reply

Oh that's easy, use spring, spam up-B. The spring will fail to appear again :p

Also, you don't have to be footstooled during the first spring jump. Any time after you jump replenishes your moves as though you were hit with any other attack. The main difference is that you will usually only get stunned if you're in an idle frame (not attacking/'default' air frames)

So it's not exactly a 'bug' to do a double spring jump that way. You're doing a spring, getting hit, and doing a spring again. Except you don't get the stun from the 'hit' (FSJ)

R4ZE

Smash Ace
most characters are allowed to use their up-B again after they get FSJ'd. The point is that sonic essentially gets a 2nd without anythign heppening to him after the first up-b is used.
(and it is quite unique, no other character can get FSJ'd, complete an Up-b, and then use ANOTHER up-b just because they got FSJ'd technicly BEFORE their first up-b)

and for the record, sonic takes no damage. If you'll notice in my video, sonic is at zero damage the whole time.

Seriously, if it wasn't a bug, sonic would get knocked out of his up-b from the FSJ, and then be allowed another one. Its just that sonic can't get knocked out of his up-b.

Tenki

Smash Hero
most characters are allowed to use their up-B again after they get FSJ'd. The point is that sonic essentially gets a 2nd without anythign heppening to him after the first up-b is used.
(and it is quite unique, no other character can get FSJ'd, complete an Up-b, and then use ANOTHER up-b just because they got FSJ'd technicly BEFORE their first up-b)

and for the record, sonic takes no damage. If you'll notice in my video, sonic is at zero damage the whole time.

Seriously, if it wasn't a bug, sonic would get knocked out of his up-b from the FSJ, and then be allowed another one. Its just that sonic can't get knocked out of his up-b.
1) Footstool jump does NO damage anyway.
2) After using a spring, Sonic loses ability to use B-moves until he is 'hit' by a move that would normally cause stun, like Falco lasers, or Sheik whips. Footstool jump normally causes a 'stun' state, but it's limited to actually stunning only during 'idle' motions (jump, float, standing, walking/running). During his up-B's "smile", Sonic is not considered 'idle'. In fact, it even limits your ability to influence his movement, which is why cancelling it with an aerial lets you land further away.
3) I just watched your video. He did a FSJ on you during your invincibility frames, so even if it did damage, even if #2 was incorrect, you were footstooled during invincibility, lol.

-____-'

Either way, you're right in that it's pretty much Sonic-exclusive.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
yep, sonic loses the ability to up-b like a micro second after you press up-b. But then the FSJ gives it back before his up-b is even completed.

Is it actually possible to FSJ sum1 in invincibility frames?

, i just wanted to add, that it is actually possible for sonic to do far more than 2 springs using this FSJ during up-b method, in fact, I will post another video of that as soon as i can.

Ok well, yes this specific thing i showed in my video is too situational to take advantage of... I guess im just makign a point for the sake of making a point lol.

Top Bottom