• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sonic stall?

LuCKy

Smash Master
ok well basically i was trying to set up my recording device thingie lol so i could upload videos of some sonic techniques.The other week i was able to make it under FD with sonic a couple times so i tried it again today.Well on accident i did a homing attack and hit the bottom corner of final destination,you know the ledge that kills us all.Well when i hit the wall sonic kinda just stayed there lol like he hit the wall and didnt really move so i tried another homing attack right after and it did the same thing.So yea you can do it over and over staying there as long as you want.

I played around with this a lil bit and went to hyrule temple and discovered this works anywhere with a ceiling.If there is a ceiling and no wall like the ledge of Fd you move forward a lil bit,but if you keep doing the homing attack you stay on the ceiling.I was able to make it from the bottom pit of hyrule all the way to the top going on the ceiling from the bottom right.

Im sure you could do this on other lvl's like cornieria (anywhere under the ship) and well anywhere with a ceiling.I doubt this will be very useful but its a pretty cool trick

and sorry if this was discovered or isnt a big deal to some of you

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah... he's right... I mean, I knew about this, but I never thought about using it as a tactic... mainly it just ticked me off when sonic did this instead of actually acttacking things.

I mean, even now I don't see it as a strategy for matches, but it could certainly lead to cool tricks... maybe even a reverse hyrule jump?

@ Dragonbreath: no... nothing to do with wall jumping... believe me I know when sonic wall jumps because half the time he does it when I don't want him to since it's so easy to do now.

anyway... when sonic uses his homing attack, he floats up gently before he strikes... if a ceiling is close enough that he's touching it when he's going to do the attack part of the homing attack, rather than homing in and attacking, he bounces off the ceiling... but since he bounces UP from a homing attack strike, and there's a ceiling, he kinda just floats in place for a half second... and you can then do another homing attack, in the same place, or slightly to the left or right and he'll still hit the ceiling and float again... there is no limit to the amount of times he can do it.

I can Vid it next week if you still don't understand and lucky hasn't done it already.

LuCKy

Smash Master
sorry i really didnt know about this until today lol and i know it wont be useful at all i just thought it was a cool lil trick

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It could be... but it'll probably lead to tricks like under stage jumps which either won't be useful in professional play, or will be banned (you could stall on battlefield or smashville forever)

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
I assume it will be banned along with endless gliding. Either that or they will just ditch the time limit at tournies.

Top Bottom