• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Cricket confuses me tbh. I know that it's cause I'm an american but I naturally don't undertand the game tbh. Do you have to wack a ball into a fence and get points? What happens when you cross a base? Better yet, what are the bases? Where are they even placed? I need to do my research on this ;-;

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!

I love that movie, though I probably screwed up the quote. :p

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I think it's something like baseball, except there are two bases only, the ball is bowled instead of pitched, you can turn back and forth between the two bases as many times as you like to score points, etc

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Cricket confuses me tbh. I know that it's cause I'm an american but I naturally don't undertand the game tbh. Do you have to wack a ball into a fence and get points? What happens when you cross a base? Better yet, what are the bases? Where are they even placed? I need to do my research on this ;-;
I never really understand how Cricket confuses anybody. It's such a simple sport

Basically the game of Cricket is played on an field (circular in shape) with the game itself happening on a Pitch in the middle. No, there aren't any bases in this game not like BaseBall. However they're can be some similarities drawn between the two.

With cricket, like every sport, the end goal is to have a higher score then the opposing team. This can be done by either achieving a higher score then the other team can achieve or by "bowling" them all out before they reach your score. As sort of stated, cricket is separated into two teams; a batting team and a bowling team.

The roll of the Batting side is to score as man runs as possible. You were close to what you said about hitting the ball over the fence to get points. One of the ways to ever points is by hitting the ball over the fence or "Boundry". If the ball rolls or bounces over, the that is Four points. However if the ball is hit over on the full it is considered a six. Other way of scoring "runs" is by hitting the ball into space in the field and running between the creases (sort of like Running between bases in baseball). Now for a "run" to be counted, the batter facing the bowler must run from there end of the pitch to the other end, without getting himself or his partner out. Yes, there are two batsmen on the pitch in a game of cricket.

Now the Bowling or fielding sides job is to prevent the Batside from getting a high score and hope to get the whole opposing team "out". Getting a batsmen out or getting a "wicket" can be done in one of a few ways; By either hitting the stumps that the Batsmen is standing in front of, having the batsmen hit the ball and one of the fields catch it, having a field throw and hit the stumps as the batsmen are running between creases (similar to getting someone out between bases in baseball) or by stumping them (hitting the wickets while the batsmen is out of the crease), or by and LBW (Leg Before Wicket). If one of these is a achieved, then a wicket has been taken and the batsmen is considered "out". The bowling team has to get a total of 10 wickets before the Batting team is consider fully out.

There more to cricket then what i have just said but that is the general basics (and i mean basics) of the game.

I think it's something like baseball, except there are two bases only, the ball is bowled instead of pitched, you can turn back and forth between the two bases as many times as you like to score points, etc
^This in a very brief sense.

Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!

I love that movie, though I probably screwed up the quote. :p
Ahaha, someone used that once before on me when i mentioned cricket. Good old TMNT

:135:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Here's a sneak peek of my next Sonic-related video. Shouldn't be hard to guess what it is. =P

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I feel very fragile atm; just got back from watching the Tales of Berseria mystic arte exhibition, and here's what I've found out:

-Jude and Milla are the cameo bosses
-Indignation makes a comeback and it looks GORGEOUS
-A Turtlez learns Item Nazu Tsukatten Ja Niiiiii
-One protagonist learns Lost Fon Drive
-An antagonsit learns......... Zankou Roueijin.

-AN ENEMY BOSS LEARNS ZANKOU ROUEIJIN!!

image.gif

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
My joke with that was I put 2 songs that fit my description and one that was just a Rick Roll. Falls apart when people know who SiIvagunner is, huh.
I like Silvagunner's world bowser ost version the most rn. Now I wanna play some bowser jr just so I can make a highlight reel and use that song lol. Trust me, a good highlight reel, not one that says "ooohhh, lookie here, I got a stage spike that people naturally get". More or less like tweek's beautiful mind.

Last edited:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
My favorites from silva are from the "Unironically good rips" section.
There are some good versions of Knuckles' and Tail's themes there.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
In concept, one of my absolute favorites is the Sonic Chronicles - Nocturne theme (otherwise known as the sad excuse for a Sonic 3 final boss remix). What SiIva does with it is just amazing.

He takes the terrible soundfont and USES it well to make something passable.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Ah mah goodness; don't talk about that awful, awful game. Even if Silvagunner made this sound better, chronicles is neer to be brought up. Worst game ever. Worse than mothertrucking ninjabreadman. At least that game gave you a coherent objective.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Unofficial Sonic 202 is coming along smoothly! It should be done and ready to go by next week.

In the meantime, here's my newest mashup, and it DOESN'T involve the science museum:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Has anyone played Sonic Boom Fire and Ice yet?

Just curious cause i'm think of getting a new game and i'm trying to decide out of Dragon Quest 7 or Sonic Booom

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I'm still waiting for DQ8 3DS.
DQ9 is by far my favorite though. I easily clocked in several hundred hours with friends on that game.

On a different note, I'm glad that people seem to be enjoying the new Sonic Boom game.
Especially since it was specifically delayed to be reworked into something better.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I remember DQ9; I loved playing it. Then I got to the one boss that was so annoying because he constantly kept getting random crits in his specials, hacked the game, and then breezed through the rest of the game. Blame my lack of patience for level grinding.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm getting it for the Holidays. I hear that it's MUCH better than Shattered Crystal however.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0fDE3bHhQ
Yeah i heard the same as well. That's why i am indecisive .

I'm still waiting for DQ8 3DS.
DQ9 is by far my favorite though. I easily clocked in several hundred hours with friends on that game.

On a different note, I'm glad that people seem to be enjoying the new Sonic Boom game.
Especially since it was specifically delayed to be reworked into something better.
Yeah, I'm more waiting for DQ8 then DQ7, but 8 isn't coming out until next Year, though heard it will proper English voice acting if that means anything.

Ooooooooooh man, DQ9. I have to say, that is one of may favourite RPGs of all time. I really do hope it gets a HD remake of something, it was just sooo good. But man the grinding was a pain (stupid Metal slimes)

I remember DQ9; I loved playing it. Then I got to the one boss that was so annoying because he constantly kept getting random crits in his specials, hacked the game, and then breezed through the rest of the game. Blame my lack of patience for level grinding.
Sounds like the boss near where you can change your class.

Whoa, you hacked? smh. Should have just gone after some Metal slimes.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Yeah i heard the same as well. That's why i am indecisive .
Ooooooooooh man, DQ9. I have to say, that is one of may favourite RPGs of all time. I really do hope it gets a HD remake of something, it was just sooo good. But man the grinding was a pain (stupid Metal slimes)
Funny you mention metal slimes... one of the maps I found has level 9 of the dungeon ONLY spawn metal slimes. No hacks, just random map drops. It was my favorite map. A friend of mine found a map that had a level where only king metal slimes dropped. We had fun level grinding.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Gimme a break I was like 11 when I hacked my game. I wouldn't exactly call myself a patient person at all, but back then I literally just wanted to finish the game instead of saying "hmmm, maybe I should level up a little bit more" like I would now.

Also, the boss I was talking about earlier was the master of nu'un.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Funny you mention metal slimes... one of the maps I found has level 9 of the dungeon ONLY spawn metal slimes. No hacks, just random map drops. It was my favorite map. A friend of mine found a map that had a level where only king metal slimes dropped. We had fun level grinding.
oh what? Come on, I would have killed to have either one of those maps. Best I could do was a Post-Game place i call "Slime Hill".

Man that would have helped with grinding heaps

Gimme a break I was like 11 when I hacked my game. I wouldn't exactly call myself a patient person at all, but back then I literally just wanted to finish the game instead of saying "hmmm, maybe I should level up a little bit more" like I would now.

Also, the boss I was talking about earlier was the master of nu'un.
Fair enough if that's the case. Though iirc, i was aboutnear the same age when i played the game, though it did take me aaaaages, to complete.

Oh, well the only one i can think possible is the Right Knight (or was it White)

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
So I get off work, and I go to the Burger King drive-through for dinner.

"Hi, welcome to Taco Bell!"

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Sadly, it was only an accident on their end - it was almost midnight and they were really tired. I still couldn't resist asking for an order of nachos, though. =P

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*Beats the final boss for Sora and Riku in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Okay, my have taken me 15 tries each and a load of rage quits, but I'm finally up to the last boss. Hopefully i never have to face boss that are ridiculous to faces as those two

*Starts Final boss fight as Riku, immediately dies two an inescapable two hit kill

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
*Beats the final boss for Sora and Riku in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Okay, my have taken me 15 tries each and a load of rage quits, but I'm finally up to the last boss. Hopefully i never have to face boss that are ridiculous to faces as those two

*Starts Final boss fight as Riku, immediately dies two an inescapable two hit kill

Ugh, not Dream Drop's final boss. That boss frustrated me so much that I literally deleted my save data and then spam leveled in as much as possible early on so I could survive him easier. I was overleveled by the time I took him on again and I STILL lost a lot. It's a dumb fight.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Speaking of kingdom hearts......why do people want sora playable in smash? It's literally one of if not the most ureasonable idea in the history of unreasonable ideas.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Speaking of kingdom hearts......why do people want sora playable in smash? It's literally one of if not the most ureasonable idea in the history of unreasonable ideas.
SECOND most unreasonable. Cloud was #1. >_>

Other than that, I'm just as baffled as you are at the idea. Not just because it's unfeasible - Cloud at least has the excuse of starring in one of the most famous and important RPGs ever, but Kingdom Hearts just kind of...exists. The games aren't bad, but they don't exactly leave a lasting impression, in my opinion at least.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ugh, not Dream Drop's final boss. That boss frustrated me so much that I literally deleted my save data and then spam leveled in as much as possible early on so I could survive him easier. I was overleveled by the time I took him on again and I STILL lost a lot. It's a dumb fight.
Urgh I know right. Literally last night, i got up to the final part of the boss fight and the only reason I lost at the part was because i just so happened to not have enough health. Literally spent 15 minutes run around chipping away damage, frantically healing myself when i was low health, only to find out the last part is total based on chance and how much health you have left. Seriously, WTF?!?!?!

Other than that, I'm just as baffled as you are at the idea. Not just because it's unfeasible - Cloud at least has the excuse of starring in one of the most famous and important RPGs ever, but Kingdom Hearts just kind of...exists. The games aren't bad, but they don't exactly leave a lasting impression, in my opinion at least.
How is Sora unreasonable? He is (while not as much as say Link or Cloud) an ionic character in his own right and has made a number of appearances on Nintendo consoles.
Kingdom hearts has a rather interesting story and is a fun game to play. Plus who doesn't love Disney characters?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How is Sora unreasonable? He is (while not as much as say Link or Cloud) an ionic character in his own right and has made a number of appearances on Nintendo consoles.
Kingdom hearts has a rather interesting story and is a fun game to play. Plus who doesn't love Disney characters?

I think part of it is because he (like all of the characters created for Kingdom Hearts) is owned by Disney, so Nintendo would have to negotiate with them for the use of Sora rather than Square-Enix. That seems much less likely to work out.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte

Nah Shantae is the real undeasonable character imo. I was probably the one person who didn't want her in. I don't care about her slightly high popularity, we aren't going to get an indie rep made from some arbitrary company nintendo had little to do with aside from 3 or 4 games barely anyone played. And this is coming from someone who wanted Lloyd Irving playable (at least he's super popular in Japan, made by namco, and would actually bring something new to the table).
Urgh I know right. Literally last night, i got up to the final part of the boss fight and the only reason I lost at the part was because i just so happened to not have enough health. Literally spent 15 minutes run around chipping away damage, frantically healing myself when i was low health, only to find out the last part is total based on chance and how much health you have left. Seriously, WTF?!?!?!

We kinda already stated why he was unreasonable lol (heck you even quoted the answer to that question). Also Disney in itself is another reason why it wouldn't work; they matter so much to the KH games that it would be more than likely that they would have to show up in sora's moveset/representation somehow. Square is kind of a reason alone as to why it wouldn't work because of their natural disliking for nintendo [consoles] and how stuck up they act like at times when it comes to their IPs.

How did we get cloud you may ask? Good question, but there had to have been a LOT of negotiations made just to get the character made. And even so, sakurai could only get rights to use the character, a stage, and only three music tracks from FF7, not one of which is a remix. Wouldn't surprise me if Steve Burton, Cloud's english voice actor, was an obstacle. He's part of some sort of union or something, which would require a conplicated process that nintendo would have to go through just to make him reprise his role or even just borrow some previously used voice clips from dissidia or KH or something, and the team had other things to work on (kamui and bayonetta) and don't want to waste time trying to please everyone 100%.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think part of it is because he (like all of the characters created for Kingdom Hearts) is owned by Disney, so Nintendo would have to negotiate with them for the use of Sora rather than Square-Enix. That seems much less likely to work out.
Yeah those were my thoughts too. Basically would make it next to impossible to get Sora

We kinda already stated why he was unreasonable lol (heck you even quoted the answer to that question). Also Disney in itself is another reason why it wouldn't work; they matter so much to the KH games that it would be more than likely that they would have to show up in sora's moveset/representation somehow. Square is kind of a reason alone as to why it wouldn't work because of their natural disliking for nintendo [consoles] and how stuck up they act like at times when it comes to their IPs.

How did we get cloud you may ask? Good question, but there had to have been a LOT of negotiations made just to get the character made. And even so, sakurai could only get rights to use the character, a stage, and only three music tracks from FF7, not one of which is a remix. Wouldn't surprise me if Steve Burton, Cloud's english voice actor, was an obstacle. He's part of some sort of union or something, which would require a conplicated process that nintendo would have to go through just to make him reprise his role or even just borrow some previously used voice clips from dissidia or KH or something, and the team had other things to work on (kamui and bayonetta) and don't want to waste time trying to please everyone 100%.
It was a rhetorical question of sorts (plus i wasn't really paying attention)

But yeah you are right on both accounts. Kind of a shame really

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I was REALLY into Isaac from Golden Sun being in the game. Like, REALLY into. As such, I was a bit salty about Corrin getting in (I would have been for Cloud as well, but I had infinite respect for Sakurai at that moment in time for putting him of all people in).

Top Bottom