• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Furret24

Smash Master
Hello y'all. I'm trying to secondary Sonic at the moment, so I thought I would check out this Social.

It left a good first impression.

Also, Up Taunt is my favorite taunt to use as Sonic, as weird as that may sound.
:162:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Hello y'all. I'm trying to secondary Sonic at the moment, so I thought I would check out this Social.

Also, Up Taunt is my favorite taunt to use as Sonic, as weird as that may sound.
Well welcome to the club then, stay a while and enjoy a dank meme or two.

Also i'm probably going to secondary bayonetta for sure, she's so much fun...

Luig

Confused
Apparently we have the best anti-donald trump jump besides the miis.
Also, after going back and reviewing some footage of more sonics, I think I'm underusing spin dash...

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Don't who see is so
wait what
JOHN CEAN!!!!

:135:
LMAO

You're on a roll.
Just when I was starting to feel bad about some personal emotion crap I come here and find conversations that made me laugh and get a bit more positive. Thanks for unintentionally helping Sanic boys. Continue to go fast.
Hope everything pans out on your end. Glad you have a place to cheer you up here though.

Welcome.

I love Furret, btw.

Oh, and my post count is now a meme.

:093:

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Getting kills off of a team combo makes me giddy.

Down Taunt is tolerable for me. It's my favorite for the break dancing alone, I can't use the side taunt because of the hole Smash4 left in my heart. RIP "You're too slow!", lost but not forgotten.

Hope everything pans out on your end. Glad you have a place to cheer you up here though.

:093:
Yeah, I managed to get through it though still feeling a bit bad for what I've done. Should be clearing up soon though, been playing Smash, GTA and Kingdom Hearts to keep my mind focused but nevertheless all in all I'm good, thanks for the supportive words brah, means a lot ^v^

Also, after going back and reviewing some footage of more sonics, I think I'm underusing spin dash...
I used to have that problem but it was more so my own fault. I was forcefully limiting myself to my specials to avoid random hate but then I heard ZeRo say something about using your character to their full potential. I forget what video it was, it was a while back, but what he said made a lot of sense and I realized how dumb it was to limit myself like that lol. Spinning into footstool followed up with a Dair or Homing Attack(which then leads into Fair depending on the situation) is my favorite thing to do honestly but I'm not a FG Sonic stereotype, I don't blindly spam it lol.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I underuse Spindash as well, but it's mainly because I don't know how to properly utilize it yet. I'm currently trying to make reliable strings out of it.

Say, could somebody here explain the difference between Side and Down Special? I primarily use Side Special since I don't have to mash "B" to charge it, but if Down Special has it's own unique perks, i'll just go ahead and use that.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
Side B: Has a short hop when releasing it. If someone shields it the attack goes right through them and you can circle around and come back. Simply hold it and it'll remain charging, before it charges to the max you can cancel it with shield. Freely able to jump around with it. Does more damage and launches opponents when you hit them. Kill move at 300%.

Down B: Doesn't have a short hop when released. If someone shields it the attack will hit multiple times before bringing Sonic to a complete halt if not acted on afterward. Keep pressing B to charge it, it can't be shield canceled. Doesn't kill until absurdly high percents lol.

Both can be used to spin shot :3

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. Any other properties I'm missing I know somebody will point them out.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Side B: Has a short hop when releasing it. If someone shields it the attack goes right through them and you can circle around and come back. Simply hold it and it'll remain charging, before it charges to the max you can cancel it with shield. Does more damage and launches opponents when you hit them. Kill move at 300%.

Down B: Doesn't have a short hop when released. If someone shields it the attack will hit multiple times before bringing Sonic to a complete halt if not acted on afterward. Keep pressing B to charge it, it can't be shield canceled. Doesn't kill until absurdly high percents lol.

Both can be used to spin shot :3

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at the moment. Any other properties I'm missing I know somebody will point them out.
Thanks.

The only other change I can note is that if you jump with Down Special, it can cancel, while Side Special won't. It won't really help out much (but it does mean you're never "forced" to use it once it's fully charged), but it's something.

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Side taunt is my personal favorite for the iconic figure eight animation. While it's not as glorious as it's Brawl incarnation, I personally think "Sonic Speed!" has a nice ring to it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You guys have it all wrong. Down Taunt is obviously the best taunt. i mean come on, it's literally the taunt of taunts. And it's catchy too.

Show me ya Moves! :4falcon:

https://youtu.be/4GNC4Y8iea8

I'm sure most of you know this but I think it may help some of those that don't for both bayo and sonic players.
Huh, well that is very interesting. I will make sure to note that down.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I only use up taunt for when I'm getting into a salty Sonic mirror match. When you beat somebody and then try to salty counter you with your main? I think most Sanic mains will know what that's about but yeah, that "Tsk, tsk, tsk" is so good during those kinds of matches XD

Smash4: Down taunt>Up taunt>Side taunt but that's just me. I rarely ever use "Sonic Speed!". Kinda unfair Japan got to keep "You're beyond slow...", I'm pretty sure Roger had a better line that could've been used. Kind of a wasted opportunity but if there is one redeeming quality to side taunt being nerfed its "That was almost too easy!" XD

https://youtu.be/4GNC4Y8iea8

I'm sure most of you know this but I think it may help some of those that don't for both bayo and sonic players.
I'll be sure to keep this in mind. Though when I find myself going against a Bayonetta I will go for grabs more instead of anything else. I try my hardest to keep my eye open for her animations to see if she goes for the counter or not. Saves the drama of falling for Witch Time.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Kinda unfair Japan got to keep "You're beyond slow...", I'm pretty sure Roger had a better line that could've been used. Kind of a wasted opportunity but if there is one redeeming quality to side taunt being nerfed its "That was almost too easy!" XD
I don't think Roger wasn't even called to do his performance; they just recycled clips from previous Sonic games like Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed and Generations. They also just recycled the voice clips from Brawl in Japan. The only "new" voice clips I think are the ones from foreign countries, but even then they might as well have been recycled. If they could call Griffith to do Sonic in Brawl at the last possible minute, I don't see why they couldn't have called Roger when they had him planned and ready to go a year before the game was even released.

I love Sonic in Smash and all, but I feel that they need to put more effort into his design. Though at least they added in the Stomp as a custom move, and it just so happens to be a powerful custom. See how much better a character can play if tou give them moves that are from the games instead of improvising? Improvised movesets prevent them from being a powerful character. I'm looking squarely at you Donkey Kong.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
I don't think Roger wasn't even called to do his performance; they just recycled clips from previous Sonic games like Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed and Generations. They also just recycled the voice clips from Brawl in Japan.
Oh yeah, I know, I meant I was thinking they could've picked better lines from the existing games because I think I heard Sonic say "That was almost too easy!" from All-Stars Racing: Transformed but even then they re-used Sonic's clips from existing games. I still don't know where that line originated from because I don't recall hearing him say it in Colors or Generations. I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I bet Roger had a better line that they could've used.

In fact I think the entire cast from Brawl just used recycled clips, except Kirby and Ness who got completely new dialogue. I guess they reused clips because it might've costed too much to pay everyone for coming in to do new voice work? Most likely.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Robin in *How do I play you*?

What the ****?

Just remember that there are people in this world who don't like Robin. Like me. He's 2slow. And imo the laggy, surprisingly short range magic doesn't make it up for me. It doesn't make up for a terrible grab range either.

BTW, how do you feel about Robin being at the bottom of the mid tier?

Also, hey luigi, how dis you make that grid? I want to try to make a list myself.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Just remember that there are people in this world who don't like Robin. Like me. He's 2slow. And imo the laggy, surprisingly short range magic doesn't make it up for me. It doesn't make up for a terrible grab range either.

Also, hey luigi, how dis you make that grid? I want to try to make a list myself.
Here you go.

Luig

Confused

That's really why I don't like him.
I saw the tier list maker on the cancerous subreddit.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If you’re a wingman or winglady, remember the end-game: You’re here to help your bud clear Friend Zone Act II and head towards the boss fight. Your sacrifice and determination makes this world a better place, so kudos to all the wingmen and wingladies out there.

This part is just gold. Really laughed here. :D

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Surprising short range Magic?! Um.... maybe Nosfuratu and Thunder, but everything else? Seriously? Also, his grab may not be good (wish it was faster), but now he has a Hoo Ha combo that can kill. Also, going fast isn't everything to smash. Look at Melee Falco. His running speed was terrible yet his 2 place on tier list.

Speaking the Tier list, I personally think Robin is too low. I know he isn't high tier (maybe) but he shouldn't be that low. Roy too is too low.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
I actually tried to main Robin once. Ech, just too slow for me. I didn't win a single set until I dropped him. Really like Robin and think he's good, though.

Top Bottom