• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sms_MissileArsenal

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering what's a good matchup for sonic. I've been playing samus and wanted to know if there's a character that has a better edge over sonic. My main problems are just how fast he is and getting around the spin dash and once i'm in the air sonic seems to have the advantage constantly. [not just with samus] Any help with his weaknesses?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
You could ask this in the matchup discussion thread.
A good character vs Sonic would be Game and Watch, Marth, Wario, Olimar and MK. Some others too, but these are the ones Sonic hates playing against.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Beating a Sonic is largely a question of your own skill level... Most any character in the upper or top tiers can destroy Sonic if played well. My suggestion to you would be to get used to using a character that you like and then figure out how to beat Sonic with the tools you have.

Basically, if you're losing to a Sonic, you lost to a better player.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Samus loses out pretty badly to Sonic.

I played one Samus named Rhyme, insane player, who in the first match took me to the last stock, high percent, barely got the kill. But once I realized how to get past the projectiles with ease and accepted that all Samus does is Zair and not kill, I was 2 stocking...Samus is bad choice against Sonic.

But yeah, ROB, GaW, Olimar, Tink, Peach, are all really annoying as a Sonic player.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
you lucky *****, i played rhyme and he busted out the olimar on me
LOL

was it in tournament? Cuz we just played friendlies so...he prob didnt feel the urge to bust out the gay that is Oli

:093:

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I think people have noticed I've stopped profusely posting so new people are going:

"ok.... that memphis **** isn't here. lets ask something stupid, or not read any stickies/guides. steak."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom