• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic owns Little Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
I've not had an easy time battling against Sonics. I can typically hold my own but Sonic is practically built to fight Little Mac. His speed coupled with his attacks are a nightmare against him. If you try to counter Sonic's attacks, the counter will go right through him.

Does anyone have any advice to fighting Sonic players? Counters don't appear to work. Haven't had much success using any of his tilts either...Sonic goes right through them. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Don't counter him much haha, risk to reward is really bad with it.

Little Mac actually does well against him. Play it like it's Brawl. Walk around and shield his spin, then punish accordingly afterwards. Punish his landing forever (since he doesn't have anything that works against shield while he's in the air,) and then when he's offstage, never let him get back from the ledge.

Highwayman300

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-8908-8969
Sonic is pretty easy to defeat with little mac in my opinion, as long as there is no lag in play of course.

Try to practice your F-Smash and D-Smash armor, it will cleave and destroy both Sonic's dash attack and Side-B (You will take a bit of damage, but you will do a massive 20% in each hit in return.)
Eventually if they learn they will start to try and dash grab, punish this with F-tilt or simply with jab (Jab comes out so fast it sometimes cancels his grab.)
It is important that you read when are they going to grab, and when are they going to dash instead.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some Sonic's online love to Up-B past the ledge, with proper timing, you can easily punish this with any smash attack.
If they happen to spam homing attack for whatever reason (Or down-A) just block it or simply run to the side (Mac's running speed is pretty good and often enough to avoid some attacks) and punish with either Pivot F-tilt or simply with a dash attack.

Avoid using your counter in most situations (Unless you are recovering) as sonic will simply evade it, try and use your super armor to counter his attacks. Most of Sonic's attacks are so weak that you will easily cleave through them.

kindacute

Smash Rookie
I've not had an easy time battling against Sonics. I can typically hold my own but Sonic is practically built to fight Little Mac. His speed coupled with his attacks are a nightmare against him. If you try to counter Sonic's attacks, the counter will go right through him.

Does anyone have any advice to fighting Sonic players? Counters don't appear to work. Haven't had much success using any of his tilts either...Sonic goes right through them. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
You can punish sonics Side B with a down tilt or an F tilt. You have to time it.. As soon as Sonics about to hit you down tilt (its the easiest to get a hit on plus it sets up into f tilt or f smash or a bunch of other things)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom